Netflix Movie Recommendation Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
When I get more time for it I will be checking out "Lilyhammer". Hope I will be enjoying it as much as The Sopranos, otherwise I will have to catch up with the Boardwalk Empire series. Since I only saw the 1st and 2nd season.

There's also a serie called "Vikings" which was pretty cool to watch.

The last decent/good movies I saw where No Pain, No Gain and that Elysium. I rarely watch movies these last years. To many crap has been released. The music and movie industry sadly seems to be in the same boat.

Jan 5, 2006
Am I the only one that couldn't get into Boardwalk Empire? just like the Sopranos, wasn't feeling that show either. I like less talk more action, plot twists, mind fuckery etc.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Am I the only one that couldn't get into Boardwalk Empire? just like the Sopranos, wasn't feeling that show either. I like less talk more action, plot twists, mind fuckery etc.
Boardwalk Empire sucks balls in my opinion.

I tried to watch Only God Forgives, wasn't really feeling it. I need to maybe give it another chance.

Jan 5, 2006
I think watching Breaking Bad ruined TV for me, no other shows acting compares. I watched Sons of Anarchy before Breaking Bad, that show sucks now. They drag everything on and on. Walking Dead is decent but they also been dragging out the storyline for an extra 2-3 episodes. I feel the show is about half a season behind to where the show should be at now. Writing for Tv Shows should be like Breaking Bad, seriously everything was thought out and more realistic and showed you can kill people in other ways rather than just guns and knives.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I couldn't get into Boardwalk Empire. I watched like an hour or so of the pilot and was bored out of my mind. I think you need to give The Sopranos another chance thats probably my second favorite show behind Breaking Bad.
I think watching Breaking Bad ruined TV for me, no other shows acting compares. I watched Sons of Anarchy before Breaking Bad, that show sucks now. They drag everything on and on. Walking Dead is decent but they also been dragging out the storyline for an extra 2-3 episodes. I feel the show is about half a season behind to where the show should be at now. Writing for Tv Shows should be like Breaking Bad, seriously everything was thought out and more realistic and showed you can kill people in other ways rather than just guns and knives.
The writers on BB were smart and weren't scared of writing themselves into a corner then finding the most interesting way out of it.

Jan 5, 2006
I couldn't get into Boardwalk Empire. I watched like an hour or so of the pilot and was bored out of my mind. I think you need to give The Sopranos another chance thats probably my second favorite show behind Breaking Bad.

The writers on BB were smart and weren't scared of writing themselves into a corner then finding the most interesting way out of it.
Exactly, every little detail was though of and brainstormed. I listen to the Breaking Bad podcast with Vince Gilligan, and he breaks down how they shot each episode and how they wrote it. Even how they came up with the bell for Uncle Tio and the bomb for Gus Fring.

F

Fromthebaytotheaz

idk if any1s recommended this sh!t yet but, the bones brigade documentary, the art of flight documentary, life sentence (was alright), ghost ride the whip, rhyme and punishment, breaking bad,

Props: fillyacup

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
If you think you're going to need a "Top Gun" or "Titanic" fix from Netflix soon, you'd better get it out of the way before Wednesday.

Those titles are among the dozens of movies and TV shows scheduled to be purged from the movie rental site's list of instant streaming offerings on January 1, according to a Reddit post this week. As opposed to purges past, this housecleaning doesn't appear to threaten many uber-classics, although "Roman Holiday," "Serpico," and "The Odd Couple" will be checking out from the streaming service in the new year, according to the post. TV shows such as the original "Dark Shadows" and "The Kids in the Hall" are also on the list.

A Netflix representative said the company routinely adds and deletes titles from its streaming service due to licensing contracts for exclusive content. It wasn't immediately clear where the list came from, but a quick review of the site confirmed that streaming for each of the titles listed above will vanish on Wednesday.

In the wake of what some in the media dubbed "streamaggedon" earlier this year, Netflix made alterations to its API that made it harder for third-party tools such as InstantWatcher.com to determine when titles will expire. However, the service promised that users will still have access to each movie's streaming expiration date via each individual title's page.

The complete list posted on Reddit:

TV shows expiring January 1, 2014:

Dark Shadows (original from late 1960s)
Saturday Night Live The 2000s
Mr Bean
The Kids In The Hall
Perfect 10 Model Boxing (Volume 1)

Movies expiring December 29, 2013

Transformers Dark Of The Moon

Movies expiring January 4, 2014

Alice In Wonderland (1951 Disney)
Immortals