My thoughts on Cognito, what ya'll really think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 16, 2004
Ive seen hella post on here about him so.........

First I must say that I like him and his must and I remember his early songs on "The End Crowd" album where he dissed Eminem because people compared him to Eminem.

But I still think he looks like Eminem (image and his style), raps like Eminem (his voice and flow), and pick beats that sound like Eminem. He seems like Eminem with less skill.

I wish him the best of luck, but I think the rest of the U.S. will not look past this. I just don't see it ya'll. Bad chocie by Master P to make a comeback. I'm not tryin to sound negative but thats just what I see.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
leave it to tjcrook to start hatin again when he from the O and cant even rap. as far as cognito, there will always be those who are reminded of eminem when they hear cognito. first difference is cognito is a big mutha fucka, 6'2" and about 250 or so. second cognito was on over 10 records 3 years before eminem ever got on his fisrt one. third, cognito has repped the bay harder than anyone and has done trax with every major artust in the bay, including mac dre, b-legit, c-bo, ap9, psd and too many others to count. last but not least, name a major label that has went and signed a whiteboy since eminem. (paul wall, bubba sparxx)? bubba was signed 6 years ago and paul wall is dope as fuck, other then that, aint no other labels signin white cats. the bottom line is cognito is gonna be outsellin just about every rapper in the bay so get used to it.

Sep 17, 2005
Man that aint a good look for P though. Im from TX and I never heard this cognito dude, but I can assume from the previous posts hes similair to Em. P just has that rep as a biter though, that seems like somethin he shoulda steered clear from. But who knows only time will tell.

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
AM FROM THE BAY AND NEVER REALLY HEARD OF COGNITO....MAYBE A TRACK OR TWO BUT I CANT SAY FOR SURE (SMOKE AND DRINK TOO MUCH..YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES)....ANYWAYZ, DUDE FORM THE BAY SO I CANT SAY NOTHING BUT GOOD LUCK TO 'EM....-100.

Jan 23, 2006
THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I'M NOT FEELIN COGNITO. HE SOUNDS LIKE AN EMENIM BITIN ASS RAPPER. HIM AND P SHOULD GET ALONG FINE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. COGNITO IS NOT THE ONLY WHITE RAPPER THAT SOUNDS LIKE EM EITHER, THERE'S QUITE A FEW.

I SAY THEY ARE FLOODIN THE MARKET. ONE LOVE TO THE REAL WHITE RAP ARTISTS WITH THEY'RE OWN STYLE LIKE YOUNG DRU AND KILLA KLUMP.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
shit i hope master p reads this board, afterall without you guys directing him and his career moves he never woulda made that 400 million dollars and sold them 76 million records. thank God there's a few cats on the siccness who know exactly what P should do, otherwise he might really fuck up signin cognito. speaking of cognito, he must really be crazy to sign with a guy who only sold 76 million records and is only worth 400 million.

there aint one rapper in the bay who wouldnt slap their mama for a chance to get down with master p. real talk

Jan 23, 2006
MASTER P IS DOPER ON THE MIC THAN COGNITO TREAL TALK. HE MIGHT AS WELL DROP ANOTHER ONE OF HIS OWN SOLO ALBUMS. OR SIGN A DOPE ASS RAPPER FROM THE BAY.

Apr 25, 2002
I think Cognito is pretty weak also. That one album he had, or compilation...whatever it was, was pretty weak as well...DJ Pimp, I know it's your job but you be hypin' your artist waaayy too much.

These are just my opinions though. Don't get mad. :classic:

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
Mr. Chronic said:
I think Cognito is pretty weak also. That one album he had, or compilation...whatever it was, was pretty weak as well...DJ Pimp, I know it's your job but you be hypin' your artist waaayy too much.

These are just my opinions though. Don't get mad. :classic:
how ya'll gonna speak on somethin when you dont even know the title of his last cd or if it was compilation. anyone who ever heard that album (thats my mic) he put out with pizzo, b-legit, 918, TQ, lil zane, aobie, psd, savior, too short, ap9, c-bo, coolio, and several others. that was one of the best comps to drop in the bay ever, and anyone who ever heard it will agree.

ya'll talk about wantin the bay to blow and when we finally get one of our rappers getting ready for national exposure ya'll dont support like you should. he was on 102 last night and the phone lines were thru the roof. hes a solid dude who has helped more bay rappers get on than anyone i know.

master p who is one of the biggest cats in hip hop history, right along with p diddy and russel simmons, has signed one artist from the bay and that one artist is named Cognito. cognito's live show is amazing.

i'm the type of cat that never bashes anyone, but if i was, i would never bash someone whos better at something than i am. cognito will smash 99% of the rappers in the bay, and thats a fact. so when he sells more records than your favorite rapper, please dont take it personal. he's goin somewhere, thats the bottom line.

Dec 4, 2005
dj pimp said:
cognito will smash 99% of the rappers in the bay, and thats a fact. .
I ain't hating on this cognito guy but that statement is false as could be. Don't disrespect the Bay like that and say some White Boy will smash 99% of the Bay. After that statement i really cant take you seriously.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I never really listened to Cognito before but I just peeped his myspace right now

He's not bad... not great IMO... but not bad... but he really does sound a lot like Eminem

not hatin on him... but there is a real obvious similarity in styles there

Dec 9, 2005
Honestly never heard of dude before reading about him here on the Sicc...but I'm all about supporting our Bay kinfolk...I'mma have to peep that MySpace...