My thoughts on Cognito, what ya'll really think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
dj pimp said:
how ya'll gonna speak on somethin when you dont even know the title of his last cd or if it was compilation. anyone who ever heard that album (thats my mic) he put out with pizzo, b-legit, 918, TQ, lil zane, aobie, psd, savior, too short, ap9, c-bo, coolio, and several others. that was one of the best comps to drop in the bay ever, and anyone who ever heard it will agree.

ya'll talk about wantin the bay to blow and when we finally get one of our rappers getting ready for national exposure ya'll dont support like you should. he was on 102 last night and the phone lines were thru the roof. hes a solid dude who has helped more bay rappers get on than anyone i know.

master p who is one of the biggest cats in hip hop history, right along with p diddy and russel simmons, has signed one artist from the bay and that one artist is named Cognito. cognito's live show is amazing.

i'm the type of cat that never bashes anyone, but if i was, i would never bash someone whos better at something than i am. cognito will smash 99% of the rappers in the bay, and thats a fact. so when he sells more records than your favorite rapper, please dont take it personal. he's goin somewhere, thats the bottom line.

Like I said man, don't get mad or feel you have to defend him. It was just my opinion, plain and simple. And the reason I couldn't name that "album or compilation" was because it was so insignificant to me I couldn't even remember the title or what type of CD it was. I do vaguely remember the production sucked on it and that's why I didn't really like it. I especially don't remember it creating any type of buzz or bein' labeled as one of the best compilations to come out the bay ever.

Anyway, it's great he's makin' movies and makin' a name for himself. I hope much success to him for his hard work...

Apr 25, 2002
WWW.ASSASSINMUSIC.COM
Cognito is one of the hardest working mc's out the bay and deserves the deal he has with MASTER P.To have such a negative vibe about Cognito on threads is your opinion but when it comes down to being racist save that drama for another forum.Cognito being compared to Eminem in style is wrong he's totally different he has that bay flava which Eminem doesn't have and taken nothing away from Em he has his own 7mile D-town style as well which should be taken as a compliment to be compared to one of the top selling artists of all time, but i think when you hear Cogs new album besides whats on his myspace you will agree also on his wide range of diversity and skills.I can't wait til COGNITO drops and i will support his every move with my whole camp and GUTTER MUSIC along with P.All i can say is WATCH OUT FOR COGNITO he's coming!Do yo thang COGNITO and stay positive your time is here! ~DJ KING ASSASSIN -DA INCREDIBLE LIFERDEF STEADY MOBBIN PRODUCTIONS...

Jan 16, 2004
For real ya'll,
I didnt say shit about his race.

Let's stick to the issue. Master P, (who is known as copy cat) signed a rapper that to 99% of people outside the bay, is a copy of Eminem (looks, style, flow, lyric's and music). I am just stating that I believe this will be nowhere outside the bay.

Jul 11, 2005
Mr. Chronic said:
I think Cognito is pretty weak also. That one album he had, or compilation...whatever it was, was pretty weak as well...DJ Pimp, I know it's your job but you be hypin' your artist waaayy too much.
These are just my opinions though. Don't get mad. :classic:
THATS WHAT HE BE DOING THATS HIS JOB... HYPING.. BELIEVE LIKE -10 % OF WHAT DJ WIMP SAYS....

dj pimp said:
thanks for your support... its great havin someone from KC tellin us about bay area rap
YOURE FROM FAIRFIELD AND WHITE... :rolleyes:

Dec 4, 2005
dj pimp said:
thats what i thought, you racist. i never mentioned he was a whiteboy. your true colors are showing.

You cats are so quick to pull the race card. That's just the way i talk.
I mean it's not like i called him a cracker face kkk member.
You act like you ain't never heard a person of color talk before.
Over sensitive ass people.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
dj pimp is the truth (you're positive man....this world needs more people with more positivity in them).
I'm not your usual thread "poster"(been reading for a while and finally decided to post). when dj pimp speaks/type he speask/types the facts and the truth.

I've checked out ur website and you're a vett in this music industry.
YOu have one hell of a resume and when you post on siccness you have nothing but positive things to say about an artist.

As for Cognito...let the man be...be proud that he made it that far... and it ain't over yet there's so much more to accomplish. Even though he's with the richest rap artist in the world (he's in Genuise World Records if you question that tittle....i don't know if he still holds that title) he made it this far.. the only thing we can do is support him...so more majors will look at the bay. THAT WAY they can scout for more talent.
The bay isn't just about hyphy music it's about other types of music. Don't limit your cd collection to just bay....expand and embrace other types of music but at the same time don't complain that your favorite artist isn't blowing up because your cd collection consist nothing more than Memorex cds in which a sharpie was used to label the cds.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
ZigZagBurna said:
dj pimp is the truth (you're positive man....this world needs more people with more positivity in them).
I'm not your usual thread "poster"(been reading for a while and finally decided to post). when dj pimp speaks/type he speask/types the facts and the truth.

I've checked out ur website and you're a vett in this music industry.
YOu have one hell of a resume and when you post on siccness you have nothing but positive things to say about an artist.

As for Cognito...let the man be...be proud that he made it that far... and it ain't over yet there's so much more to accomplish. Even though he's with the richest rap artist in the world (he's in Genuise World Records if you question that tittle....i don't know if he still holds that title) he made it this far.. the only thing we can do is support him...so more majors will look at the bay.
thanks for the kind words for both me and cognito. cognito is a very talented dude and is one of the coolest cats in the bay. he will blow up, i'm 100% sure of that.

Feb 2, 2006
Dudes aiight (really not EVEN on Ems level)but theres alot of white boys in the Bay that r TIGHT! By the way, what kind of heat has NO-LIMIT put out recently? Maybe they need a Cognito.

I wish everybody(no matter what race) in the bay nutthin but love when it comes to this rap music becuz we need all the help we can get.

Feb 9, 2006
DJ PIMP KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK HE'S TALKING ABOUT....COGNITO IS DOPE AND WITH P BEHIND HIM THERE'S NO LIMIT TO THE THINGS HE CAN DO....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Feb 9, 2006
And to all the p haters he is one of the only cats in the rap game that said a lot of things AND DID THEM...if ya'll remember all he used to talk about is trying to make it out the ghetto and HE DID...and i know there's alot of people that used to be on his label that had a major fall out with him but like they say mo' money, mo'problems there's ALWAYS two sides to a story...with that much money how are you going to NOT have a bunch of people on your ass about wanting somthing....

Oct 26, 2003
www.versatylebeats.com
Congratulations to Cognito for signing with P. Cognito has some heat. He's a real humble cat too. I wish him the best.

Call in KMEL, WILD 949, 97.7 KWIN and request MC HAMMER'S "Look" and "Where You Get it From".

"Look" - MC Hammer Produced by Versatyle
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2278484151515361611&q=hammer+look

Versatyle Notable Work Credits:
The Game * Fabolous * Tiara Marie * Lil Flip * MC Hammer * 2005 MTV VMA's * Kurupt * Yukmouth * Celly Cel * San Quinn * Mike Mosley * Rappin 4-Tay * The Mossie * Turf Talk * Mistah FAB * Left of The Frontline * Mr. Stres of The Federation * Clyde Carson of The Team * SkyBalla * JayTee * Lofty * South Central Cartel * Young Dru * Nasty Nate * Smigg Dirtee * Gemini * Hollow Tip * Luni Coleone * Irocc many more..

231 Marketplace #139
San Ramon, CA 94583
[email protected]
http://www.versatylebeats.com (Beats)
http://www.myspace.com/versatyle (MySpace)