Mr Doc Setripn' blocstyle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2006
i cant even listen to it anymore....ive heard it enough times...sum cd's never get played out but docs shit does/did

Feb 8, 2003
Mr Doc's SetRippin Bloccstyle only had 2 tight songs, "Fill Em Up Wit Slugz" and "Rollin Wit GBC" was the only 2 good songz on that album other than that I skipped thru the album...

You def sleepin bc that album had more then two bangers "fuck yo side, killa cap pilla, No Bitch, Da Real Deal, Largest Way 2 Represent" all are tight songs and this shit below go hard too.

imo this album was just as good as season of da siccness bc they sound alot similar. Havent bump this album in like 5 years

Feb 8, 2003
The thread starter is stuck in 1995-96....He must be cuz there were better albums then Setripn the year it came out and the shit sounds dated anyways....Catch up to 2009.
Or he young as hell or just started listening to rap music.

Damn I feel old bc i remember getting everything the day it dropped since 1989. im bout to break out the following old school cds below and bump them now.

mr doctor -setripn
big mike -something serious,
ice cube -death certificate
south circle -anotha day anotha balla
seagram -reality check,
Dmg -Riggamorttiz
mad cj mack -true game
grand puba -2000
spice 1 -187 he wrote

May 30, 2006

Damn I feel old bc i remember getting everything the day it dropped since 1989. im bout to break out the following old school cds below and bump them now.

mr doctor -setripn
seagram -reality check,
Dmg -Riggamorttiz
mad cj mack -true game
grand puba -2000
spice 1 -187 he wrote
Gotdamn that DMG go way hard....One slept on masterpeice....Dude should blew up seriously

I remember picking it up at Sam Goody when I was 16 back in the summer of 1993....Fuck I miss them days....This album is better then Setrip'n Bloccstyle and DMG would shit on Doc on the mic.

Feb 8, 2006

mr doctor -setripn
seagram -reality check,
Dmg -Riggamorttiz
mad cj mack -true game
grand puba -2000
spice 1 -187 he wrote
I wanna add on
415 nu niggaz on the block
E-40 fedrel
RBL a lesson to be learned
spice 1 spice 1
totally insane backstreet life
I feel old too LOL, or these 90's cats make me feel old

Apr 25, 2002
Is there anything else like this? I honestly cant find anything better anywhere, maybe Sicx but he had to fuck up and stop making music. Mr doc is shit now but can anyone recommend anything thats got beats and lyrics like Setrippn Bloccstyle?

they dont have to be from Sac, it just seems that the best rappers on earth come from Sac so I figured I'd ask here

I'll state the obvious ones first

Lynch Season of the Siccness
X-Raided Xorcist
Lynch & Sicx Nigga Deep
Doomsday Productionz Pray for me and Filthy

The last shit that Doc came out with that did not belong in the Garbage, Was Odysea that has some dope songs on it

May 30, 2006
i sense pure comedy, denial, and envy in the aforementioned comment LOL
Homie Doc could not match up with DMG on the mic....I'd put money on that shit.....And Rigomortiz is better then Set Ripn' Bloccstyle...Bloccstyle had the better concept but the all around album goes to Rigormortiz from production, the artist delivery, flow, hooks, lyrics....Features would be about even cuz Lynch, Loki and babe Reg were gassin' just like Big Mike, 5th Ward Boyz and Scarface were gassin'...Thats a hard one right there but DMG carried 85% of that album with no help where Doc only carried aout 60% of the album cuz he had so many guess spots and interludes on his album

Feb 8, 2003
Gotdamn that DMG go way hard....One slept on masterpeice....Dude should blew up seriously

I remember picking it up at Sam Goody when I was 16 back in the summer of 1993....Fuck I miss them days....This album is better then Setrip'n Bloccstyle and DMG would shit on Doc on the mic.

hELL YEAH I agree that shit is a example of gangsta music. I think he went to jail for a lil bit thats what slowed his career down.But his album is raw as hell you can even feel the emotion and pain in his voice.