Mr Doc Setripn' blocstyle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
intro to outro - "setripn bloccstyle" is classic all the way through. some possible others to check for :

hollowtip - takin no shortz
5150 - crazy has struck again
lunasicc - mr.lunasicc
doomsday productions - xv, pray for me

Sep 3, 2002
Hyst's album is similiar

Though SEASON OF THE SICCNESS has the most comparable sound, because Setrippin came out of SOTS.

Da Kat, MC2 and J-Dogg as already mentioned.

Skee 64 oz.'s THE STRUGGLE THE HUSTLE THE HATE is not that similiar, but came out in the late 90's out of Sac, and is worth checkin out.

Foe Loco-Bomb Sac
G-Macc-Underground Hitlist.

Sep 3, 2002
Bombay was a disaster, but to find any remnant of the Rapper you heard on Setrippin BLoccstyle, you might want to go there.

"Joyride"---the only good song on there. That song is DOPE to me.

ALso check out G-Idez- Capital Gain.

Feb 27, 2006
i could be here all day makin a list of fools to check out.but here some you should check that are off the top of my head

Aggravated Assault - Watcha Know About Me (1995)
KRD - This Is How The Hommies Play (1994)
KRD - Sac Town Funk
Hustla's At Work Compilation (1995) (Vegas)
Clika One - Mexican Mobsters
Criminal Trigga B - Portrait Of A Hustler (1997)

Feb 27, 2006
forgot to mention that you should also check out all the older albums outta Denver Colorado since they have a similar sound to Sac

Banned
Nov 2, 2004
The thread starter is stuck in 1995-96....He must be cuz there were better albums then Setripn the year it came out and the shit sounds dated anyways....Catch up to 2009.
yeah i feel, but not everybody's been listening to it since back then like us. i remember buying all the doc, lynch, raided, albums on tape. i'd get em the day they came out at the wherehouse or musicland, both of those stores are now out of business. some more current artists kept doc's old school sound alive, like g-idez i think sounds just like him, his voice, and everything. but you right, even doc himself has moved on because he doesn't even rap like that anymore.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
lol at cos being tight.
I agree with ya on this.............but............I will say this, I thought C.O.S was hard when he first came out. Like the shit he did on "If These Walls Could Talk" and "Loaded" was hard.I dont know what the fuck happened to hes flow and delivery but when that "Siccmade Rituals" droped i was more then disipointed. Dude just aint got that voice no more.

Aug 14, 2005
Mr Doc's SetRippin Bloccstyle only had 2 tight songs, "Fill Em Up Wit Slugz" and "Rollin Wit GBC" was the only 2 good songz on that album other than that I skipped thru the album.....IT WAS A SACTOWN CLA$$IC THO DONT GET ME WRONG, I HAD THE CASSETTE TAPE IN JR HIGH SCHOOL AND BUMPED IT HELLA TIMES
so according to u, a sac classic can be an album with 2 tight songs?!

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
i could be here all day makin a list of fools to check out.but here some you should check that are off the top of my head
Clika One - Mexican Mobsters
Criminal Trigga B - Portrait Of A Hustler (1997)
i was going to mention criminal trigga b's and clika one's albums, since they both share the same concept as setripn bloccstyle did, but the beats are not even alike imo. i'll say this though, if you dig setripn, then you will love these two. criminal trigga b is a savage.
in a lot of ways it's really hard to pin down an album close to setripn. sots is obviously a given with lynch being the producer. other than sots, there is nothing alike out there.

furthermore you might check out ghetto kaos - guilty as charged, which had 2-3 songs with similar beats.

Feb 27, 2006
the beats are not even alike imo.
yeah them albums have nothin in common with the beats but i was lookin at the lyrical content.the closest albums to Setripin beat wise is probably some of them older G-Idez albums but even still they hard to compare.

May 30, 2006
I agree with ya on this.............but............I will say this, I thought C.O.S was hard when he first came out. Like the shit he did on "If These Walls Could Talk" and "Loaded" was hard.I dont know what the fuck happened to hes flow and delivery but when that "Siccmade Rituals" droped i was more then disipointed. Dude just aint got that voice no more.
I've always preached these exact words...People act like I just came out the blue not liking COS music but in reality I was checking for him until I bought Siccmade Rituals....Love the album title but the album sucks

Aug 19, 2004
Yeah, G-Idez has some solid albums similar to Doc's old sound.

Woodie-Yoc Influenced is also comparable.

Bloccstyle never gets old. Alotta people hate on Doc's verses but, to me, if Lynch had rapped over those beats it would have ruined the the feel of the album. He's the better rapper but someone in another thread said that it sounded like Lynch tailor made those beats for Doc.

May 30, 2006
Yeah, G-Idez has some solid albums similar to Doc's old sound.

Woodie-Yoc Influenced is also comparable.

Bloccstyle never gets old. Alotta people hate on Doc's verses but, to me, if Lynch had rapped over those beats it would have ruined the the feel of the album. He's the better rapper but someone in another thread said that it sounded like Lynch tailor made those beats for Doc.
Ruined the feel? Eveytime Lynch spit over those beats he killed it.