Modern Warfare 2 mega thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
has anyone been hearing about this Alien mode??

i think it juts might be a rumor, but a guy from infinity ward said this.

we cannot tell you now about what is going to be on the game but there will not be any zombie modes or anything like that but i cannot say for cirtain but there MIGHT be some kind on alien mode!! but it will look nothing like the photo above BECAUSE IT IS HALO 4 and not us

ps.. it will look about 100% better that halo 4 and call of duty world at war

pss.. and it will not have the name call of duty anymore it will just be called modern warfare 2 because we dont want any sub headings or anything.

thank you for reading bye.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Now this is stupid, there is a new piece of equipment called Blast mask ( like flank jacket in WAW ) so frags and what not dont kill you, but when you select this you lose your mini map. So this is balance IW??? Instead of just throwing tons of randoms frags like everyone else you get screwed for not doing it, really fucking stupid IMO...

Looks like martydrom is not in the game ( THANK GOD!!! )

Martyrdom in CoD4:MW was initially thought of as a way to help out the less experienced players but was abused widely by the more experienced players too. This was one of the reasons why they chose for Deathstreaks, to only be available to people that actually need it and not screw-up the balance of the game.

And you can now shoot down the UAV's too

All from here - http://modernwarfare247.com/news/mtv-gameone-402-interview

Edit: I got a 21 kill streak today which tied my record and I had the drop on at least one more guy, but the guy I just killed had martyrdom on and killed me fucking little ass bitch. Im glad that death streaks replaced this stupid ass noob perk.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
new Official Playstation Mag came out n got info on new maps n hiding places and shit

if anyone gott he scans post em up
I saw that magazine at the store today, it just shows the layout of 4 maps ( the 3 you have already seen in the videos lately and the 4th is estate which is also in the new spec ops videos ) and some of the general stuff around the map, doesnt show any real hiding places.

You can see the layouts off 3 of the maps below.

http://modernwarfare247.com/multiplayer/maps

The afghan map does go around on the bottom too, it doesnt show that here but it does in the magazine.

It seems all of the maps have alot more ways to get around now, so you wont have as much bottle necking so to speak as you did in alot of the maps on MW.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
So somehow somone got ahold of a copy of MW2 and dude has been posting videos on justintv and people have been translating alot of info from the videos ( the copy is in french ) heres some new goodies.

There is new teir 3 perk called "ninja" the words after it which does not quite translate to english but it looks to be the counter for the heartbeat sensor.

also a mini gun of some type too

There are 16 maps just like MW, the snow map is called derailed, list is below.

Afgan: Set around a crashed aeroplane in the desert
Derail: A derailed train in a large map
Estate: Set in the woodlands near a estate
Favela: In the slumbs of Rio De Jinaro
Highrise: Set on a unfinished skyscraper with a crashed helicopter and beams
Invasion: In a empty abandoned town theres no where to hide
Karachi: Full of emptied apartment blocks. Great for Free for all
Quarry: Set in the middle of a quary there are pleanty of rocks to keep you preocupied
Rundown: Set in a town in Los Angelies there is a fuel station and a playground
Rust: In the middle of the desert filled with rusty scrap metal
Scrapyard: Set in the aeroplane graveyard theres no where to hide
Skidrow: An urban town full of cars
Sub base: Set on a submarine base with a large submarine
Terminal: A large aeroplane termial. You can fight on the tarmac
Underpass: Set in the hills there are pleanty of pillars to hide behind
Wasteland: A deserted road in the middle of no where

This is a list of the game play modes for multi player

team deathmatch
free-for-all
domination
ground war
sabotage
HQ Pro
Search and destroy
capture the flag
demolition
3rd person team deathmatch
hardcore team deathmatch
hardcore Search and destroy
teamdeathmatch ...(cant read) (maybe something like team tactical)
cage match 3rd person

And yes it seems the 3rd person is real I have no idea why?? Here is a video.

Main screens and what not and new snow map!!!