Messy Marv in Reno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I honestly don't think it's "snitchin" to turn some fools in to the police that did something like that to you. Dudes are stupid over the whole "snitchin" thing. Snitchin is like, you pull a lick with 4 other dudes, you're the only one that gets caught, and you turn the rest of them in to save your own butt. That's not what happened here.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2006
Case in point, when the AP-9/CoCo shit broke niggas was clowning AP talking about he was a nobody and all this other shit. I had to hold it down for the nigga like AP doing his thang, been doing his thang and literally peeled the OG bitch. It is what it is, it's how the Bay get down. Nobody from the Bay other than E-40 and Too Short is known for real for real. A FEW ppl are coming out here doing things here and there but they dont know us. BUT they love our music!!! Personally I just want to see Northern California win because it's long overdue and it's 100 niggas that can do it the right way.

"Long overdue? We've had the torch passed to us two times in the last 20 years, & both times we've fumbled".

The problem with the Bay & all of Northern Cali is when we get the spotlight and the torch passed to us, we fumble...

Before the Hyphy movement took place, it took 10 years for the spotlight to get back to the Bay. In turn, what did we do? We fucked it off as usual. We let other regions talk so bad about us, that the artist that were making the music said "fuck the hyphy movement I don't want to be put into that hyphy box of music, and turned their backs on it." The funny part about the whole situation, is now it's all about "RATCHET MUSIC" which in turn, is damn near just like "HYPHY" with a twist.

The game comes full circle every 10 years or so, because before the Hyphy movement, the last time the Bay was hot like that was back in 95-96 before Pac died. (E-40, Too Short, Spice1, The Luniz, Ritchie Rich, Etc...)

It's something about the Bay having the spotlight, once it gets here everything becomes all about "Me-Me-Me" instead of all about the Bay.

See, other regions figured out that once they get the light on them, if they all stick together (radio, artist, supporters, stripclubs, dj's etc...) they will all win together. The South is the best at doing this. In the South they have that stripclub outlet as well. If you as an artist can break your song in a stripclub, dj's submit the song to radio, & radio down there is bound to pick it up. As to being in the Bay, that's an outlet we lack.

The Bay doesn't understand that concept too well, and until they all get on the same page, it will just be a individual sport for the Bay.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I honestly don't think it's "snitchin" to turn some fools in to the police that did something like that to you. Dudes are stupid over the whole "snitchin" thing. Snitchin is like, you pull a lick with 4 other dudes, you're the only one that gets caught, and you turn the rest of them in to save you're on butt. That's not what happened here.
That's white people rules

Oct 11, 2002
"Long overdue? We've had the torch passed to us two times in the last 20 years, & both times we've fumbled".

The problem with the Bay & all of Northern Cali is when we get the spotlight and the torch passed to us, we fumble...

Before the Hyphy movement took place, it took 10 years for the spotlight to get back to the Bay. In turn, what did we do? We fucked it off as usual. We let other regions talk so bad about us, that the artist that were making the music said "fuck the hyphy movement I don't want to be put into that hyphy box of music, and turned their backs on it." The funny part about the whole situation, is now it's all about "RATCHET MUSIC" which in turn, is damn near just like "HYPHY" with a twist.

The game comes full circle every 10 years or so, because before the Hyphy movement, the last time the Bay was hot like that was back in 95-96 before Pac died. (E-40, Too Short, Spice1, The Luniz, Ritchie Rich, Etc...)

It's something about the Bay having the spotlight, once it gets here everything becomes all about "Me-Me-Me" instead of all about the Bay.

See, other regions figured out that once they get the light on them, if they all stick together (radio, artist, supporters, stripclubs, dj's etc...) they will all win together. The South is the best at doing this. In the South they have that stripclub outlet as well. If you as an artist can break your song in a stripclub, dj's submit the song to radio, & radio down there is bound to pick it up. As to being in the Bay, that's an outlet we lack.

The Bay doesn't understand that concept too well, and until they all get on the same page, it will just be a individual sport for the Bay.
You right about the fumble but the reason for the fumble is lack of support. I'm saying if we support each other, streets, artists, radio, clubs etc. We would run shit. Everybody is not making wack music but the attitude is if they don't have a "name" it don't count. I'd rather listen to the weakest shit out the Bay than Trinidad James any day. All we really need is to start with 4-5 artists and we on the map. Shit Pittsburgh PA got Wiz and Mac Miller, they on the map. It's at least 15 rappers out of Pittsburg CA that would give them a run for they money. Artists might not be putting out the quality of the golden years but neither is Atlanta, NY etc. Outkast is way better than anything out of Atlanta right now. But support opens doors. LA is heating up again, we gotta keep up. We got at least one Kendrick Lamar in N. Cal. AT LEAST ONE

Feb 25, 2006
You right about the fumble but the reason for the fumble is lack of support. I'm saying if we support each other, streets, artists, radio, clubs etc. We would run shit. Everybody is not making wack music but the attitude is if they don't have a "name" it don't count. I'd rather listen to the weakest shit out the Bay than Trinidad James any day. All we really need is to start with 4-5 artists and we on the map. Shit Pittsburgh PA got Wiz and Mac Miller, they on the map. It's at least 15 rappers out of Pittsburg CA that would give them a run for they money. Artists might not be putting out the quality of the golden years but neither is Atlanta, NY etc. Outkast is way better than anything out of Atlanta right now. But support opens doors. LA is heating up again, we gotta keep up. We got at least one Kendrick Lamar in N. Cal. AT LEAST ONE
You're absolutely right... I agree with you 100%

But this all boils down to support, or therefor lack of. For some strange reason in the Bay, when someone gets on, it seems like the support is there but then it fades too quickly.

Radio for the last 5-6 years have not really supported Bay artist, but then again they never really have.

I believe for a Bay artist to really be successful they need to get outside the Bay and create a new fanbase. Prime example, would have to be that boy Berner. Like his music or not, he is a networking genius. His hard work, and promoting his own product have paid him dividends.

If more Bay artist hustled as hard as he does, success would be inevitable. The main problem for most, not all artist in the Bay, is they want things handed to them on a silver platter. Maybe lazy, or just don't have that million dollar drive that all artist should have.

I think most artist think it's almost better to be a one hit wonder these days, then to be an actual artist and I think that most of these rappers are only looking for that 1 golden goose egg, instead of being a longevity artist like E-40 or Too Short.

Aug 14, 2005
it definitely aint gangsta though. if he rappin bout livin that life and then callin attorneys and shit. WTF?! this mufucka in the same category as 40 glocc in my opinion. I aint throwin the niggas cd's away but damn haha he should have just taken that loss mayne....

May 16, 2002
bro i dont care if its crazie locs getting 8 racks for a show. good for him. i'm actually defending the fact that its ok for a rapper to get 8k for a show regardless whether you think its right or wrong. and you are coming off like a hater. dont insinuate i'm on some fuck boy fan shit because i'm not.
you'd rather walk away with a reasonable amount? you make no sense because if marv woulda showed up to his show none of this woulda happened. regardless if he was paid $100 or 5k or whatever he was cashed out for.

And right or wrong in my opinion your entitled to yours. This whole, "Fuck boy fan shit" your talking about is meaningless. I don't know what your getting at with that because I'm not assuming anything. Nor have I come at you with any anger within this thread.

Again, if "Anybody" is charging $20,000 for a show & there is a sucker willing to pay for it, so be it. I still think it's overboard.

lol @ this clown thinking i'm coming to mess rescue. bro i'm coming to the rescue of everyone who's tired of your armchair a&r bullshit.

Ah, this is what it is. It's personal. If I come off as some nobody & pretend to be a know it all A&R asshole to you and a whole lot of other people, there is not much I can do about that. That's not my intent.

I'm here stating my opinions like everybody else. Do I come across as negative? Yes, I can see that, but I never do to spite anybody in here so take it how you want ladies.

May 4, 2007
www.myspace.com
I honestly don't think it's "snitchin" to turn some fools in to the police that did something like that to you. Dudes are stupid over the whole "snitchin" thing. Snitchin is like, you pull a lick with 4 other dudes, you're the only one that gets caught, and you turn the rest of them in to save you're on butt. That's not what happened here.
if a regular person that isn't in the game turns someone in for that shit it isn't really snitching cuz that person was innocent and that'd be my fault for crossing a square. if you play the game and tell you're a rat, simple and plain.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
if a regular person that isn't in the game turns someone in for that shit it isn't really snitching cuz that person was innocent and that'd be my fault for crossing a square. if you play the game and tell you're a rat, simple and plain.
lol that's funny to me though. Being in "the game" had nothing to do with not getting the money he thought he was gonna get or even being asleep etc... or whatever the hell happened here. Has nothing to do with any other area of his life outside of music did it?