Messy Marv in Reno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 11, 2002
Case in point, when the AP-9/CoCo shit broke niggas was clowning AP talking about he was a nobody and all this other shit. I had to hold it down for the nigga like AP doing his thang, been doing his thang and literally peeled the OG bitch. It is what it is, it's how the Bay get down. Nobody from the Bay other than E-40 and Too Short is known for real for real. A FEW ppl are coming out here doing things here and there but they dont know us. BUT they love our music!!! Personally I just want to see Northern California win because it's long overdue and it's 100 niggas that can do it the right way.

Props: doehubba

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
My personal opinion, I don't think any regional rapper deserves that kind of money. For the fact that they're not as big of an artist to get that amount.
Why not? Immortal technique is more or less a regional artist. Doesn't sell huge numbers as far as I know, isn't on a major label etc... He does small shows here and there. But he's worth that much for a live show, at least in the northeast somewhere, easy. He's worth however much someone is willing to give him. At the end of the day, this is a business. If he puts people in the crowd, he deserves whatever cut the promoter/club owner feels was fair regardless of what that number is. It's up to the artist to decide if that performance is worth the effort.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
it doesn't matter if sean kingston's a better rapper or not — what matters is people have some reason (whatever reason) they want to see a video clip of him being fat or doing some bullshit rap versus them not wanting to see the jacka or freeway do shit.

people put too much of an emphasis on technical skill with rapping, when you talk about the general public's interest level in a given act so much more goes into it than whether or not they can rap or not. some people have a lot of trouble getting over this fact, but it's how it is. if you don't like that about the rap game maybe the rap game's not for you.

Props: S.SAVAGE

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I just wanna say I like Messy Marv and he's worth more than $100/ show lol. Mostly just listen to his old shit tho and I'm not glad he got beat up lol
Kind of off subject but what you said made me think of it, what songs does Mess even perform in this day and age? When I saw him live, it was all new stuff off of his newest album at that time. Any artist typically does a mix of their best/biggest songs with new stuff of course to promote the album. Didn't realize that he didn't do that til you said that.

Side note and yes I'm thread jackin, what's y'alls favorite mess track(s)?

Apr 25, 2002
IMO, the overall product has been so fucking whack out of N. Cali in the last 5 years that NOBODY deserves to be getting paid one fucking dollar. I'm a huge A-Wax fan, but he ain't really dropped anything note worthy in the last 3-5 years.

The shit that is comibg out is whack and down right embarrassing. That goes from the newbies to the vets.

And to make matters worse, if anybody has even a tiny buzz they think they should be paid a mill and given the keys to the world as opposed to keeping they nose to the grind stone and increasing that lil buzz.

Talent never equals success so for the limited pool of talent out there reppin this N. Ca card, step your fucking game up.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Why not? Immortal technique is more or less a regional artist. Doesn't sell huge numbers as far as I know, isn't on a major label etc... He does small shows here and there. But he's worth that much for a live show, at least in the northeast somewhere, easy. He's worth however much someone is willing to give him. At the end of the day, this is a business. If he puts people in the crowd, he deserves whatever cut the promoter/club owner feels was fair regardless of what that number is. It's up to the artist to decide if that performance is worth the effort.
Immortal Technique is an anomaly. Dude preferred to "stay small" cuz he wouldnt sign with a major label/nor let anyone control his masters. on top of it, he's a "political" rapper that is known internationally. He is not a regional artist. His music is defined by his content and lyrical prowess, not his region.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004