Messy Marv in Reno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
That's the reason we dont win. How a nigga supposed to stay motivated if they cant get paid more than 100 bucks for a show? I've seen Keak pack a spot out with over 500-600 people THERE TO SEE HIM. He only supposed to get $100 off that? They got cats in Atlanta right now that dont have no radio hits, just heavy in the streets that get 10k at least for a show regionally. Yall cant keep starving these artists then criticize them for making lazy music. It's not all about the money but as adults, artists still got bills to pay just like everybody else. Northern California will never win if we starve these artists out until they're so tore down they dont want to make music anymore. For that 100 bucks I'd rather sell a couple 1/8ths, stay home and get some pussy.
Exactly thats why northern cali industry wise aint shit.

Niggas in the atl put out a song it hit 100 thousand views in less then a month. A nigga put out a couple of those and he able to get ten racks a show and it gets higher the more hot or street slaps he make.

A nigga out here drop a hot track it take a year for it to reach 100 thousand views and aint NO niggas getting 10 racks a show and it shows (because we can go to any other coast i bet you they cant name 10 present nor cal rappers but i bet we can name 10 from the south & east) because this aint the same bay like back in the day.

lil niggas in Chicago will drop a song they made at home on youtube get a 100 thousand views and start chargin $250 a verse, the hotter they get or as each month go by they double up the price.
While bay niggas thats coming with full albums is getting chump change. This is whats killing bay rap.

Feb 25, 2006
Exactly thats why northern cali industry wise aint shit.

Niggas in the atl put out a song it hit 100 thousand views in less then a month. A nigga put out a couple of those and he able to get ten racks a show and it gets higher the more hot or street slaps he make.

A nigga out here drop a hot track it take a year for it to reach 100 thousand views and aint NO niggas getting 10 racks a show and it shows (because we can go to any other coast i bet you they cant name 10 present nor cal rappers but i bet we can name 10 from the south & east) because this aint the same bay like back in the day.

lil niggas in Chicago will drop a song they made at home on youtube get a 100 thousand views and start chargin $250 a verse, the hotter they get or as each month go by they double up the price.
While bay niggas thats coming with full albums is getting chump change. This is whats killing bay rap.
"This is not what's killing Bay rap my friend, Bay rap & Bay supporters is what and always has been killing the Bay".

i'm gonna keep it all the way 1hunnit. The last time any Bay artist was really eating, was when the Hyphy Movement was here.

For example: artist like Turf Talk & Mistah Fab was getting anywhere between $2,500-$6,000 per show, & was getting between $1,000-$3,000 per verse. E-40, Too Short,& Keak were all getting between $7,500-$10,000 (Too Short & Keak)- $20,000-$25,000 (E-40) per show.

The problem was "then & still is now", too many unknown rappers came stubbling in, putting out too much bullshit and saturated the movement. The problem was our own Coast turned it's back on the movement and stopped supporting it.

The other problem, it's not just a Bay thing, but a whole Northern Cali thing, is too many regular ass people went to sleep one night, woke up, and said, shit im gonna try and cash in on this movement too, which killed the whole vibe of the movement.

Every promoter, from our regional standpoint was trying to book shows, or book verses from Bay artist. The difference between us and other regions, is that they ride their wave until that bitch flatlines, as where we ride our wave, and say fuck it, I made a few quick dollas, i'm out this bitch, "fuck the hyphy movement, or whatever movement, and turn our back on good situations".

Point of the matter is, "love it or hate" The Hyphy Movement is when we were making good money, we shitted on our own situation and jumped ship like we always do.

Don't get me wrong, it's still artist making moves, and making money,(not as many of course) it's just coming alittle bit harder, and alittle bit longer to achieve.

May 16, 2002
That's the reason we dont win. How a nigga supposed to stay motivated if they cant get paid more than 100 bucks for a show? I've seen Keak pack a spot out with over 500-600 people THERE TO SEE HIM. He only supposed to get $100 off that? They got cats in Atlanta right now that dont have no radio hits, just heavy in the streets that get 10k at least for a show regionally. Yall cant keep starving these artists then criticize them for making lazy music. It's not all about the money but as adults, artists still got bills to pay just like everybody else. Northern California will never win if we starve these artists out until they're so tore down they dont want to make music anymore. For that 100 bucks I'd rather sell a couple 1/8ths, stay home and get some pussy.
I'd rather hand five dollars to a bum in the street with a sign that reads, "I need a fix & a beer." That's what it is in the end.

And if these artist got kids to feed & bills to pay? So do I. Most of these artist should step it up or resort to getting a regular job. That's bottom line. I don't agree with overpaying anybody for a show when his music is whack. And continue to book & pay him in hopes of his music getting better.

Because unknown artist get paid 10K across the country for a show we should follow suit? If that's the case the fast food industry should pay their employees $15 per hr.

Plus the 14 plus Siccness members that proped you on this quote are hypocrites due to talking shit & feeling good about Messy Marv getting his ass beat. Deserved or not, these dudes nor does anybody really give two shits about any of these artist. If they did they wouldn't laugh & have a blast talking shit when a rapper is down or get's his ass handed to him.

Last edited:
Props: Rocko Piko
Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
i think part of the problem is that artists think the solution is for promoters to pay them more money for no real reason. there's artists that command a rate — meaning if you don't pay it, they don't play.

if you're not quite there yet in your career, then you don't really have a basis to complain when some shithead broke promoter is trying to give you $100 to do a show or open for someone. if as an artist you're pushing something that has undeniable value, you can tell those same broke promoters to fuck off and you should already have a few other opportunities on your line to take their spot and pay you what you deserve. that's how business works.

Props: TWEEZEE
Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
anybody that's in business for self gets offered less than what they want to do whatever it is that they do. that's why the word, "no" was invented. anyone that has a healthy business and belongs doing what they say they do will have opportunities that do pay what they are asking. that's what separates a business from a hobby.

Props: TWEEZEE

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I'd rather hand five dollars to a bum in the street with a sign that reads, "I need a fix & a beer." That's what it is in the end.

And if these artist got kids to feed & bills to pay? So do I. Most of these artist should step it up or resort to getting a regular job. That's bottom line. I don't agree with overpaying anybody for a show when his music is whack. And continue to book & pay him in hopes of his music getting better.

Because unknown artist get paid 10K across the country for a show we should follow suit? If that's the case the fast food industry should pay their employees $15 per hr.

Plus the 14 plus Siccness members that proped you on this quote are hypocrites due to talking shit & feeling good about Messy Marv getting his ass beat. Deserved or not, these dudes nor does anybody really give two shits about any of these artist. If they did they wouldn't laugh & have a blast talking shit when a rapper is down or get's his ass handed to him.
stop crying because nobody agrees with you.
if a promoter wants to pay mess 8k to do a show thats his deal why do you care so much about it?
how do you know if that promoter didnt have someone check soundscan to see if mess is popular in that region? maybe the promoter felt the 8k was warranted. if so, good for mess, get your money.
so let me guess, if a promoter offered you 8k would you say oh i'm sorry sir i'm only worth $100. cut the crap bro. messy marv, believe or not has been a fixture in bay area rap since the 90's. he's not some fly by night rapper. yeah his personal life is questionable, but he does have a fan base. do i think 8k is excessive? perhaps. but i'm not losing sleep on it or crying.
for the record i didnt feel good about marvin getting his ass whupped at all.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
to put things in perspective, Big Boi, who I know is worlds apart from mess in terms of fan base and popularity, and being a "bigger artist" got 30K for a free show he did in may at SFSU (which was dope by the way, and im glad i didnt have to pay $35 to see him at the Mezzanine or somewhere else the next night). Now, part of that fee was for a special stage he requested for his specs and additional security, but hes still getting 20K minimum, probably closer to 25, for an hour long free show.

So whatever Mess was supposed to have gotten (was it 4 or 5K, something around there? i know the 8k was a Washington number from 2008) is not that all unreasonable. Plus you guys seem to forget that Bay rappers are HUGE in Reno, Oregon, Washington, and can command that kind of money, probably more so than promoters trying to get Big Boi or other mainstream acts to those towns.

May 16, 2002
stop crying because nobody agrees with you.
if a promoter wants to pay mess 8k to do a show thats his deal why do you care so much about it?
how do you know if that promoter didnt have someone check soundscan to see if mess is popular in that region? maybe the promoter felt the 8k was warranted. if so, good for mess, get your money.
so let me guess, if a promoter offered you 8k would you say oh i'm sorry sir i'm only worth $100. cut the crap bro. messy marv, believe or not has been a fixture in bay area rap since the 90's. he's not some fly by night rapper. yeah his personal life is questionable, but he does have a fan base. do i think 8k is excessive? perhaps. but i'm not losing sleep on it or crying.
for the record i didnt feel good about marvin getting his ass whupped at all.
LMAO! @ Crying because nobody agrees with me LOL! This is the Siccness. A place where most is one sided and I'm the most hated for my harsh opinions. In the end it's just my opinion and I stand by it. Hey, at least I don't come in here and agree with everybody & make a fake account to say what I really want and feel.

And when I meant about over paying regional rappers I mean in general, but again, if there is always a sucker who's willing to pay for it, so be it.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
LMAO! @ Crying because nobody agrees with me LOL! This is the Siccness. A place where most is one sided and I'm the most hated for my harsh opinions. In the end it's just my opinion and I stand by it. Hey, at least I don't come in here and agree with everybody & make a fake account to say what I really want and feel.

And when I meant about over paying regional rappers I mean in general, but again, if there is always a sucker who's willing to pay for it, so be it.
bro you the one CRYING because people propped hustlematic's post and called them hypocrites. cut the crap.
i dont do the fake accounts, what you see is what you get.
again you are off base and out of touch and assume ALL promoters are suckers when in actuality they do they homework before booking an artist.
or maybe the promoter could be a rich fan who thinks it would be cool to book marv in his town. who knows, who cares, get money. more power to marv, thats a testament to his longevity in the indie scene where he could command 5k - 8k for a show. however he needs to work on to showing up to the shows he's booked for.
nobody is one sided, you come off on here like you're some A&R with 10 platinum plaques on your wall bro. but you go ahead and stand by your opinion and you get that $100 show money. lol

Last edited:
May 16, 2002
^^^yeah but are u saying u dont believe they make that much? or that they dont deserve it? im not understanding where u think the problem lies.
My personal opinion, I don't think any regional rapper deserves that kind of money. For the fact that they're not as big of an artist to get that amount.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
the hyphy movement was 50/50
those days were the most alive the bay has ever been. everyone was giggin, goin dumb, even rich white kids in the burbs knew who mac dre was and keak and them. i remember havin hella fun in those days. the music was slappin and got the bay worldwide attention. there was the usual wack ass niggas tryna make hyphy music but the majority was good. it was more of a party and be yourself type of music instead of try to act hard gangsta yo type music.

Feb 25, 2006
the hyphy movement was 90% garbage lets face it

In your opinion it may have been 90% garbage, but in reality Bay artist were able to get paid for everything they did, pay the bills, feed the family, and fuck off bread if they chose too, and got payed very well to do it.

Regardless if it was garbage, The whole Bay had an outlet for their music outside of the region.

The Bay has not seen that type of money or outlets, since the hyphy movement.

Oct 11, 2002

I understand what you're saying but the fact is I'm rooting for the home team at all times. That unknown artist getting 10k across the country becomes that nigga that's on the radio all day because his region supported him. I'm not saying support wack niggas. But Northern California got more dope rappers in a region than anybody ESPECIALLY ATLANTA!! I moved here in 2011, since that time I've seen Future go from a nigga on the local bump or dump it on the radio to basically taking T-Pain's spot. I thought that Trinidad James was a prank song of some kind for the first 3 months it was on the radio til I saw it on TV. Rich Homie Quan fuckin sucks too. These niggas pump out wack ass niggas all day everyday. Way wacker than a Cali nigga could ever get. The fucked up thing is yall know them niggas wack but let them show up in Frisco, Oakland, Sac, whereever. Niggas gonna come out the woodworks to come support them niggas, pay 30 bucks for a ticket but wont pay 5-10 for a nigga from ya city putting his heart and soul into trying to make it happen. The WORST THING is now these niggas done hijacked the hyphy movement (beats, rhymes, cadence) and making SMASH HIT records. That Act Right go hard but it's so Northern Cali I cant help but smack that shit. Shot out to Gotti for shooting his video in Oakland, lot of niggas wont do that. Sorry for the long rant but my niggas, PLEASE PLEASE support your own for a change. The love will be shown back.