Merged Thread: Payton & Malone to LA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 2, 2002
this would be some dope ass shit fo sure:cool: BUT the chemistry would be a big question, u got 4 players that have career averages of over 20 points and 1 player (malone) who would be chasing kareem's record
however u guys forget that both payton and malone have never ever won a championship and kobe and shaq are hungry as a muthafucka to get another one

if they keep their eyez on the prize ( the championship) there will be no problems

AND THE LAKERS BETTER MAKE A MOVE CAUSE THEY NEED SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES SHAQ AND KOBE

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
KINGCZAR said:
This would be dumb for Malone!! I mean he could win a title in L.A., but he wouldnt have a chance to break Kareem's scorin record!! I mean how much would he average in L.A. with Shag, Payton, and ultimate ballhog selfishness Ko-Me?? Hahahaha!! GOT EM!!!
I think it is more important to win a championship than the scoring record.

Mar 18, 2003
Payton is going to start seriously talking to the Lakers about joining the squad, and I think they will sign him. He won't get paid that much, but he's hungry, and he knows joining this team means winning a title. Malone is just waiting for Payton to decide, and when/if Payton does, Malone will more then likely take advantage and sign as well. Folks, be thankful that your alive to watch what might be the best year recorded in NBA history, thats if they get both players.

Purebred Hogg said:
Just remember what happened up in Portland...we all learned that 2 many egos on one team doesnt win a championship..or make it out of the first round...
I don't think it was EGO's that killed the team, it was that they put the biggest criminal/assholes in the NBA all on one squad.

MB3 said:
if the fakers should get both great players they're the favorites for the 2003/2004 season.
Yah think? :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2003
Hold on, let me pick myself up off the floor... bahahahahaha!! The CAV's will be LUCKY to pull off an fucking 8th seed. They might be able to do something if Ricky Davis doesn't try to steal the ball from LeBron in order to score for his daily attempted triple double.

Mar 18, 2003
I will say this, they might be the one of the most exciting duo's to watch, but as far as how much they will accomplish is all in the air right now. Last year the Clippers blew ass, but they were fun as fuck to watch. Now, im not hating on your team or players, I wish them well, but I just PRAY we meet them in the finals, that will lock a complete post-season sweep.

Kobe vs. Lebron

errr wait... I just heard LeBron will be playing the point, what the fuck is up with that? I know he's capable of playing it but damnit I want to see him matched up with all the 2's like McGrady, Carter, Iverson, and Bryant.

Nov 16, 2002
Gary Payton has verbally agreed to join the Los Angeles Lakers for their mid-level exception, according to ESPN's David Aldridge. Payton reportedly will make between $4.6 and $4.9 million next year.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Payton has agreed to play for Fakers!!

Looks like Payton will be a Faker next year!! The Fakers are tryin to buy anotha ring, except this time they are payin allstar veterans and not the refs!! Haha!! Looks like Shag & Ko-Me cant do it anymore!! GOT EM!!!

Mar 18, 2003
Let the titles start rollin' in. I just saw this on ESPN-NEWS, he will sign on July 16, and remember, Malone said he is going to follow Payton. Everyone is trying to buy a ring, don't you know that? Good players cost money, you have to spend money to get them, thats all there doing. Shaq and Kobe can't win a title playing 2 on 5 games forever, but now that they have SOME support, your all going to be hatin' life without shit to say, NOW. Time for the Haters to go into hiding and the real NBA champs to record the best season in history.

LAKERS 2004 CHAMPS!

May 9, 2002
Nitro the Guru said:
Everyone is trying to buy a ring, don't you know that? LAKERS 2004 CHAMPS!
besides the angels and devils.

but other than that...sniko agrees with everything...lakers gonna roll in the titles.....but we all knew that as soon as they lost game 4 this year.....it's just been a matter of time...(weeks)...to see exactly who they are getting....but we all knew they were going to get some quality players to add on the roster

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Well first off Malone & Payton arent gonna be playin for that long to be sayin "let the titles roll in"!! 2ndly I aint trippin, because this proves further more about what I been sayin about Ko-Me!! He cant carry a team, now he needs Payton & Malone!! Damn wont Ko-Me be in the shadows!! Hahaha!!! he needs outside help from other allstars to win anotha title!! But its all good!! Well see what happens!! I still think that if Kidd goes to San Antonio, that they will win again!! GOT EM!!!

bsleezy

Bad Muh F*#kah
Dec 15, 2002
www.myspace.com
Lakers will win the next 2-3seasons then either Shaq or GP will retire ... I wanna see them break the bulls 72 win record ... LAKERS BITCH!!!! *poppin my white lakers Kobe jersey@kingczar* lol

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
THEY ALREADY ANNOUNCED IT HERE IN L.A ,THAT MALONE ALREADY HAS VERBALLY AGREED TO JOIN THE TEAM AND PAYTON GONNA SIGN ON THE 16TH.AND PAYTON AINT GOING NOWHERE,THEY SAID AFTER NEXT YEAR ,THE LAKERS WILL BE ABLE TO OFFER HIM A BIGGER LONGER DEAL WITH OTHER PLAYERS CONTRACTS ENDING,MALONE WILL PROBABLY ONLY STAY ONE YEAR BUT GARY WILL RETIRE A LAKER UNLESS HE CHOSES NOT TOO.WE GETTING ARE TITLE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE,THE KINGS ARE THROUGH DALLAS IS THROUGH,AND THE SPURS AINT DOING JACK WITH OUR LINE UP.GODAMN IF ANY TEAMS DOUBLE TEAMS SHAQ OR KOBE,WERE GONNA MAKE THEM PAY..MALONE AND GARY..OH BOY,THIS WILL PROBABLY GO DOWN ASS THE GREATEST TEAM IN NBA HISTORY

May 4, 2002
Lakers aint buying shit! They're both coming to L.A. for table scraps!

1 mill for Malone , and the 4.9 mill for Payton. We only have the lower and mid level exceptions to offer!

That's why the Los Angeles Laker franchise is the greatest in sports ....... players will do whatever it takes to sport the purple & gold !!! You see all the banners!!! You see all the retired jerseys on the rafters!!! You see the trophies!!! THE LAKESHOW DONT STOP MUTHAFUCKAZ!!!! RE-UP !!!!