Merged Thread: Payton & Malone to LA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
NICOYA415 said:
I heard on ESPN that the Spurs are considering signing Kidd AND Mourning/O'Neal. Looks like it will be a battle of the super teams next season.
Nope. O'Neal is staying in Indiana, Mourning is signing with the Nets and Jason Kidd will stay. Look for a rematch of New Jersey vs. L.A.

RevoL said:
lakers are followin the same route as the yankees...buyin they rings...
No, they're following the same route as every other team in the NBA. There is a cap in the league you know, you can't blame them because everyone wants to compete for a title. Everyone is trying to buy a ring, its just that in most cases, there is nothing good to buy, and not enough money to spend on what good shit is out there.

Purebred Hogg said:
Horry is gone for sure...and i believe Shaw is as well...you might see Fox leave...Fisher backin up GP and George,who knows...if they are smart...theyll keep developing him and Rush...
Both George and Fox arn't going to leave, that's both Small Forwards. Unless Pippen signs as well... hmmmmm

Mar 18, 2003
Re: Re: Payton has agreed to play for Fakers!!

Sicc_Wit_It said:
Wha'chu mean "buy" another ring? Since when have we bought a ring? Shaq and Kobe weren't "bought". We certainly didn't buy any role players. This is the first time we've made a big signing in a while (since Glen Rice). Don't hate. I'ma love it after we win our 4th in 5 years. Wha'chu gonna say then? We "bought" it? Haha.

Apr 25, 2002
pub42.ezboard.com
Grim said:

who yall think will fill the last starting line up spot?

Kobe
Payton
Shaq
Malone
???????? (I could see anyone from Fox to Horry to George) filling this....George has steadily been improving and it might be his time....what yall think????
Fox is hurt and Horry aint goin 2 be there next year so George will take the spot I agree with u I think it is his time

Apr 25, 2002
Nitro the Guru said:
No, they're following the same route as every other team in the NBA. There is a cap in the league you know, you can't blame them because everyone wants to compete for a title. Everyone is trying to buy a ring, its just that in most cases, there is nothing good to buy, and not enough money to spend on what good shit is out there.
yea but the cap don't mean shit...you are allowed to go over, and it's about a dollar for dollar penalty for going over...basketball's "salary cap" with all those exceptions, is pointless...