Magna Carta Holy Grail

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
he one the most relevant & respected artists in the game do your homework. this nigga is far from washed up he responsible for so many careers that are on top now. everybody talking about this album he made history this shit went platinum over night. fuck being bias over that old played out 1996 east vs west nonsense bc this nigga is on top still and thats a fact.
It's hard not to go Platinum over night if Samsung bought the album right to leak it yesterday and then gave it away.

I skimmed through this album and it doesn't sound as bad as everybody is making it seem. I'm soak it in right now tho and see whats up with it!

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
He is rapping better and with more energy on this one than he has for the last 10 years.

Yet the album as a whole is still the same watered down BS he has been putting out for more than a decade.

Last edited:
Props: Mixerr

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I stopped checking for Jay-Z stuff after Blueprint. Never understood the hype around him.

Blueprint was a solid album. He is/was able to make good and classic songs. He also got a list of the most horrible hip hop songs I ever heard.
I stopped listening to him after Blueprint too, and because of Blueprint. I never understood why people consider that album a classic - it was where he started going downhill.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
between dynasty and black album he was on his prime imo, basically when he let those philly kids influence his flow
IMO Dynasty was his last good album.

It's not so much the rapping as the production that makes The Blueprint and the next two album poor.

The ones he released after he took a break mostly sucked in both areas

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I honestly don't see the big deal about jay z. I think he has one of the worst flows ever. Reasonable doubt was dope, since then his albums haven't been that great to me including the blueprint and black album

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I honestly don't see the big deal about jay z. I think he has one of the worst flows ever. Reasonable doubt was dope, since then his albums haven't been that great to me including the blueprint and black album
I've never been a fan of Jay-Z and in the past week I've listened to Vol 1, 2, 3, and the Blueprint (I've already listened to Reasonable Doubt) and Vol 3 and Blueprint were solid but his flow really does suck. Half the time he doesn't even rhyme and the only thing he raps about is how he's the best rapper alive.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I give him a lot of credit (not that my opinion matters) for having songs that are catchy/listenable to a lot of people out there which is not an easy thing to do. He also allegedly 1 takes his recordings which is also impressive, and he puts on a decent live show in terms of a hip hop show which is also rare. He speaks with conviction, even when it's not something profound or thought provoking. But as far as the albums, I'm not impressed. He has some good lines here and there and all that, a lot of which was bitten off of other dudes at times though.

Jan 23, 2006
to say jay is not one of the greats is foolish. so many classics. haven't heard this album yet but i'd be shocked if it wasn't one of the better albums to drop this year.

May 16, 2002
Take any jay z album you got, scratch out the producers on every song. Write Dr.Dre as the producer, and you got one. That's all Dre would do anyway...
SMH This is a constant issue with people who haven't looked into Dr. Dre history.

It's been said time & time again that Dr. Dre steals production credit. And it's been said producers like Daz Dillinger & Scott Storch are real producers behind Dr. Dre in the past. Yet, if they were so great, where are they now?

Dr. Dre remains Legendary for the simple fact that everything he's touched / stood behind has seen success with a few albums that have failed, but his success have always outweighed his failures in a big way.

And everything that Dr. Dre has left behind stays afloat for one or two albums before sinking & never to be heard from again.

when did he say that cause I remember Rich the Factor saying that since WAY back. Obviously Jay Z made it more popular if he didn't make it up

LOL! No disrespect to Rich the Factor, but how are you going to compare or even bring him up within the same sentence as Jay-Z? And question it at that?

It's pretty evident Samsung bought a million copies and people with Samsung phones got first dibs on this Jay-Z album.

Magna Carta Holy Grail is changing RIAA rules..

Magna Carta: Jay-Z Samsung downloads change RIAA rules for Platinum Certification - SlashGear

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I'm not comparing Rich to Jay at all. I'm just asking, when did Jay say that? You make it seem like Jay-z has never bitten off of someone before.