Mac Minister Interview Drop Your Questions!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2015
Kansas City Mo.
I know your job ain't to piss off the people your interviewing but I've always found this fishy Coop.

In the song Breathe on Tones final mixtape from 2005 "My Hood Betrayed Me" released a few months before Fat Tone died he says at around the 2:13 mark

"I bang like a rock star, a shootout with cop cars! It could be broad day I jump out witta AK. Plus Its a fully so i gotta have 2 hands on it cuz when it clap, lil nigga like to dance don't it? And not the dance that you do when you in the club, but the dance that you do when you catch slugs"

Now on Mac Ministers song "The Business" released on his solo and only album "Minister of Defense" from 2006 he says at around the 1:28 mark he says

"I hang out with rap stars, ill shootout with cop cars. It could be broad day I jump out with AK. Its a fully so you gotta have 2 hands on it, you know that thang make a muthafucka dance don't ya. Not the dance that you do when your on the thizzle, yup the dance that ya do when ya hit with pistols"

I don't really have a question for Mac Minister Coop, but here's something for you to create a question out of if you choose to.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2005
What was his beed with E-40? I remember reading some shit on siccness years back about that.
"Below is an open letter from E-40 to thesource.com, describing his experiences of that night and his relationship with Mack Minister.

E-40 writes...

On Tuesday, August 22, 2000 at The Source Awards, while I was visiting a member of the Cash Money Millionaires, I was verbally assaulted and physically attacked by a person known as Andre Dow, a.k.a. Mack Minister.

Andre Dow has, over the last four years, followed and stalked me. He has shown up uninvited to numerous events, at which I am scheduled to appear, and events that I have arranged and sponsored. Four years ago when no one would give Andre Dow a break in the business I gave him an opportunity to appear on my album, Hall Of Game. Andre Dow was paid for his services under his contract. Since his appearance on my album, he has used his association with that to make people believe that he is a part of my crew. Because of his failures outside of the opportunities I have given him, Andre Dow has taken a personal belief that I owe him for my success.

Andre Dow has the same birthday as mine. He has gone as far as showing up at my birthday party representing that it is his party and thanking everyone for coming. He has appeared, uninvited, at events representing that he is appearing on behalf of me and my company.

He is not an employee of mine, and outside of working, under contract, on Hall Of Game, he has no association with me or Sic Wid It Records.

On August 22, 2000, at the Source Awards, all persons receiving awards, performing, and people who were VIPs, were assigned seating in the front row area of the stage. Andre Dow did not have an assigned seat but was in the front row area changing seats, as seats became open, as groups and individuals would go backstage to perform and leave their seats empty.

At the break, just prior to the confrontation, Andre Dow approached me and began to rant and rave in an incoherent voice. He began to spit and cuss at me stating I owed him. Myself and others asked him to calm down. I tried to take a non-aggressive role. At the same point, he began to approach me spitting, cussing, and threatening to do me. He began to reach out at me, grabbing my necklace and pendant, and I went to push him back away from me. The next thing I know, I am being grabbed at and taken out of the Arena by my body guard. When I got outside, I noticed that my $30,000 necklace/pendant and $40,000 bracelet had been taken.

I never saw Andre Dow again that night or since. No criminal charges were brought against me by the Pasadena District Attorney's Office and I fully cooperated with the Pasadena Police investigation.

(end of letter)

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
What was his beed with E-40? I remember reading some shit on siccness years back about that.
He got pretty in depth about it on one of the last interviews Coop did with him. The interviews with Mac Minister are some of my favorite interviews ever. I actually listened to them a couple times.

I would like to know if he's calmed down about JT, but I don't want another long ass rant about Figg lol. I guess I would like to hear more about his experiences in prison since that's where he's been all this time. Who he's friends with...who he writes/talks to. Maybe ask him about what newer artists (if any) he's feelin

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
"Below is an open letter from E-40 to thesource.com, describing his experiences of that night and his relationship with Mack Minister.

E-40 writes...

On Tuesday, August 22, 2000 at The Source Awards, while I was visiting a member of the Cash Money Millionaires, I was verbally assaulted and physically attacked by a person known as Andre Dow, a.k.a. Mack Minister.

Andre Dow has, over the last four years, followed and stalked me. He has shown up uninvited to numerous events, at which I am scheduled to appear, and events that I have arranged and sponsored. Four years ago when no one would give Andre Dow a break in the business I gave him an opportunity to appear on my album, Hall Of Game. Andre Dow was paid for his services under his contract. Since his appearance on my album, he has used his association with that to make people believe that he is a part of my crew. Because of his failures outside of the opportunities I have given him, Andre Dow has taken a personal belief that I owe him for my success.

Andre Dow has the same birthday as mine. He has gone as far as showing up at my birthday party representing that it is his party and thanking everyone for coming. He has appeared, uninvited, at events representing that he is appearing on behalf of me and my company.

He is not an employee of mine, and outside of working, under contract, on Hall Of Game, he has no association with me or Sic Wid It Records.

On August 22, 2000, at the Source Awards, all persons receiving awards, performing, and people who were VIPs, were assigned seating in the front row area of the stage. Andre Dow did not have an assigned seat but was in the front row area changing seats, as seats became open, as groups and individuals would go backstage to perform and leave their seats empty.

At the break, just prior to the confrontation, Andre Dow approached me and began to rant and rave in an incoherent voice. He began to spit and cuss at me stating I owed him. Myself and others asked him to calm down. I tried to take a non-aggressive role. At the same point, he began to approach me spitting, cussing, and threatening to do me. He began to reach out at me, grabbing my necklace and pendant, and I went to push him back away from me. The next thing I know, I am being grabbed at and taken out of the Arena by my body guard. When I got outside, I noticed that my $30,000 necklace/pendant and $40,000 bracelet had been taken.

I never saw Andre Dow again that night or since. No criminal charges were brought against me by the Pasadena District Attorney's Office and I fully cooperated with the Pasadena Police investigation.

(end of letter)

Appreciate it! Mac Minister is definitely some shit haha. Well I'll catch y'all siccness members later, I'm on my way to basic training and expect my phone to be confiscated soon haha. Peace out y'all.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
He got pretty in depth about it on one of the last interviews Coop did with him. The interviews with Mac Minister are some of my favorite interviews ever. I actually listened to them a couple times.

I would like to know if he's calmed down about JT, but I don't want another long ass rant about Figg lol. I guess I would like to hear more about his experiences in prison since that's where he's been all this time. Who he's friends with...who he writes/talks to. Maybe ask him about what newer artists (if any) he's feelin
You got cliff notes? I'm not listening to his rambling over a jail phone interview

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
You got cliff notes? I'm not listening to his rambling over a jail phone interview
He gave E40 credit, but in the same breath called him a fat bitch and said that he got loud with 40 on the phone one time and 40 said something like "you might want to chill out because I got a connection that could benefit you". Later on Mac found out that connection was Baby (Birdman) and Mac Minister got really pissed and approached Earl at the Source Awards (while recovering from being shot) and got stomped/choked out by Dshot...not a smart move on Mac's part. He also said Juvenile told him he wanted to help him, but Baby told him to stand down.

It's a trip that Mac Minister used to live with 40 Glocc... CoopDVill @CoopDVill e maybe you can ask him about that