Mac Dre - A sacrifice to blow up the bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2005
Now you might see this as a stupid comparison, and it does sound weird, but do yall think Mac Dre's death was a Jesus-crucifiction type situation, in which his death actually benefitted the good of the bigger picture? I mean more people than ever are recognizing him, and in the end thats a good look for the bay. I have a little cousin whos in like 4th grade, the kid listens to shit on the radio only. I hear him singing "falalalala lots of paper" the other day. Man when you got kids knowin about Dre you know the word is out. XXL is doing dedications 1 year later, hes hittin radio outside the bay.....I think people need to embrace it, whether you hate bandwagon fans or not, dont shun it away, cause it could be our ticket into the mainstream once again. Thoughts?

Apr 13, 2005
Come on man

I understand your point but this is a major insult to his family and friends. Dre meant more to those people than just being an artist man. I guaruntee that all these people would give back all this fame and attention Dre is getting after death for him to be back here on earth.

ambassador500 said:
Now you might see this as a stupid comparison, and it does sound weird, but do yall think Mac Dre's death was a Jesus-crucifiction type situation, in which his death actually benefitted the good of the bigger picture? I mean more people than ever are recognizing him, and in the end thats a good look for the bay. I have a little cousin whos in like 4th grade, the kid listens to shit on the radio only. I hear him singing "falalalala lots of paper" the other day. Man when you got kids knowin about Dre you know the word is out. XXL is doing dedications 1 year later, hes hittin radio outside the bay.....I think people need to embrace it, whether you hate bandwagon fans or not, dont shun it away, cause it could be our ticket into the mainstream once again. Thoughts?

Aug 5, 2005
I dont mean it as an insult at all...but rapping was Dre's career. and he always said he wanted to be the guy to be the face of the Bay and the help bring up the talent out here... unfortunately he had to die in order to do that. of course above everything else he was a person and he had family....I dont mean im glad he died, im saying people should embrace the fans and the following, not the fact that hes dead.

Nov 1, 2005
hmm...i don't think his death was exactly a benefit to the big picture...it help blow up MD and the bay faster but it did not exactly blow the bay up to the fullest extent. MD was gettin big anyways... even to different audiences...Thizz ain't the same without MD, it helped push the bay faster but in the long run? nah MD had a lot more to give...

May 5, 2005
The sad part is why does it take the mans death for him to get some air play? Where were all these homo ass radio dj's on his jock when he was alive? Only big von can get some respect. All these other squares all on his dick now need they face bashed in. Square heads like Strawberry and Sona G acting like they were so down with Mac Dre when he was here. Them clowns never played his shit. It was always big von and scotty fox. Fakers. Now everybody else want to act like they were down with his music when in reality they didnt give a fuck about him until he died and it became cool to thizz. People are dumb as fuck.

Nov 1, 2005
^^^true actin like they been knowin dre..and then u bust out some songs from old albums and they aint even knowin...swearing like the only song Dre had was feelin myself...

Aug 7, 2003
damn, stupid ass post. and as far as kids saying that shit, kids look up to older people so i guarentee if you showed him that song and were like this song is tight and sang it with the song there is no doubt that the kid would say and so the same exact thing. this comparison is like killing your pop for his life insurance saying its a sacrifice to better the family. your dumb and you should die so we can all benefit with one less dumb fuck on the planet. dont take it serious tho its a joke.

Nov 1, 2005
hella_numb said:
this comparison is like killing your pop for his life insurance saying its a sacrifice to better the family. your dumb and you should die so we can all benefit with one less dumb fuck on the planet. dont take it serious tho its a joke.
lol.............

Oct 20, 2005
if he was still alive right now think about the KNOCKS he would be making. all these thizz releases with weak shit making money off dre would not be out. Dre would have made them thizz boys step it up. I bet he would have another solo album out right now and blowin up off that.

May 20, 2002
If it took his death for you to finally know who Dre was then you were never a fan to begin with....Mac Dre is and was a legend....he helped put the Bay on the map to begin with..

Without Mac Dre...the Bay Doesn't get the major recognition it had in the early to mid 90's...

Nov 1, 2005
dj 2nv said:
If it took his death for you to finally know who Dre was then you were never a fan to begin with....Mac Dre is and was a legend....he helped put the Bay on the map to begin with..

Without Mac Dre...the Bay Doesn't get the major recognition it had in the early to mid 90's...
the thing is when dre got killed it got his name on the ap wire....people looked up dre. i know people in new york that saw he got killed, then downloaded some of his shit and like brother was dope! he was really flying under the radar for the rest of the country and nobody really saw what he was doing in the bay. guess it kinda proves no such thing as bad publicity.

Nov 2, 2005
mayne thats bullshit...i rather the nigg would still be alive makin slaps takin care his kinfolk then have to die for the yay to get a lil attention....i gives a fuck bout some weenie ass newyork or texas niggz bumpin his shit....all this attention he gettin now is just a fad, give it a lil time all these squares finna go back to bumpin they lil radio hitz....

RIP Mac D-R-E...

Jun 2, 2004
www.sweetleaf.co.uk
i would much rather him be alive, i could give a fuck if people in other states are finally noticing him. The true fans in the bay that have been bumpin his shits for hella years dont wanna hear all this recycled bullshit thats been comin out, i would rather hear a bunch of new shit by dre on those thizz nation cds and im sure he would dropped a dope solo by now, and eventually he would have gotten noticed around the country, its tragic he died. RIP MD

Jul 21, 2003
ambassador500 said:
Mac Dre held up all the things that the Bay represents: Independence, Innovation, and that funk.

I understand what your saying but the term is called Sacrificial Lamb. No other phrase can point to that.