living in the ghetto

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
this is a spin off of wickeds question

how many of yall live in the ghetto because you want to,and how many live there because they have no choice....

alot of foos these days think livin in a ghetto is the thang to do....i know some of yall feel me....

i been in ghettos because that was what the money was like,i've slept in the car a few times as a child,we snuck in to a house we moved from just to sleep under a roof,i been thru it,but some foos "want" to live in the ghetto,but i got kids so i gotta move up for them....just something to think about....i know some foos live in a hood for ever cus they was born and raised there,thats coo,but dont move from a fancy shmancy neighborhood to a fucked up neighborhood....

Apr 25, 2002
People live in Ghettos because they want to? WHY? Ain't nothing nice about living in a ghetto. I can understand that you are proud of where your from, so I can see people reppin where they from but to WANT to live in the ghetto is strange.

Apr 25, 2002
MUCH AGREED...

AZ 4 ME...LIVIN IN A 3 BEDROOM HOUSE WITH 15 MOTHER FUCKERZ (NOT INCLUDIN RATZ N ROACHEZ)...EATIN ONE FUCKIN MEAL A DAY OF ORANGEZ AND BEANZ...WEARIN SAME CLOTHEZ CUZ THATZ ALL I HAD...MY DAYZ IN THE PROJECTZ ARE GONE...IM STILL PISSED BOUT THAT SHIT THO, HOWZ A LIL ASS ENE GONNA SEE ALL THAT SHIT THAT EARLY IN LIFE? I GOT TIRED OF LIVIN THAT LIFE STYLE...THA REAL FOOZ LIVIN IN GHETTOZ ARE THA ONEZ THAT WANNA LEAVE IT...BUT SUM FUCKERZ SIT THERE LIKE "DAMN..I WANNA GIT UP OUT THIS GHETTO" NOT KNOWIN THA FUCKN SECRET TA GITTIN OUT...I SAY GIT A FUCKIN JOB, PAVE YOUR WAY, BRING FUCKIN PRIDE TO YOUR SIDE...BUT THEZE FOOZ WANNA SPEND THEIR MONEY ON DOPE INSTEADA THEIR FUTURE...THEN THEY WANNA COMPLAIN BOUT COPZ N SHIT...NAH HOMIE, THEY DONT GIVE RESPECT, YOU GOTTA GET RESPECT....AINT SHIT FREE MAYNE...AINT SHIT FREE...$IDEWAYZ

P.$ DONT GIT ME WRONG...I STILL SAY I SURVIVED THAT LIFESTYLE, BUT HELLA LOUD...RVB!!!

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
YunG VenoM said:
I Aint Never Heard Of Anybody Wanting To Live In The Hood.
real talk...i know some people get comfortable there and live there for their whole lives...but I dont know anyone that wants to move in.

Apr 25, 2002
i grew up similar to wut TYPCEE said. one meal a day, only 8 people in a 3 bedroom apartment tho(LoL), roach infested, drive-by'z or gang fyghtz EVERY nyght and i do mean every nyght, wearin tha same fuckin clothez cuz we didnt have money for new onez. shyt'z fucked up. i no longer live there, but i do visit often, juzt to chill with tha homeboyz. altho there are a few high rollerz that lived in my hood, mozt of us were broke az fuck. i wouldnt wanna go back to that lyfestyle, but i dont mean i wouldnt wanna go back to my ghetto ass hood, if i wuz a high roller lyke thoze homeboyz i woulda never moved outta there. i loved livin in tha ghetto, but if u dont have money then itz juzt lyke everywhere else, HARD TO SURVIVE.

May 10, 2002
What I don't understand is how some of these whiteboys on the board live in Hunters Point (a mainly all black community)...no disrespect, just curiousity..

I mean, I'm white and from a nice place and I will never front on that but..

I just don't understand how you'd come to live there or why you'd want to, cuz that seems like a choice to me.

Anyone can explain...two that come to mind are B-12 and YoungMoe (sorry to put your names out there like that, just curiousity)

Apr 25, 2002
I visit the barrio in norwalk...when i go see my grandparents down there.........i go down there and the houses are like 2 bedrooms......i just couldnt see there living there everyday of my life........thats why im happy for what i have and i hope someday when i have kids i will do the same what my parents did for me is to put them through school and i can support them.....

M

MrFreeze

YunG VenoM said:
I Aint Never Heard Of Anybody Wanting To Live In The Hood.
for real you live in the ghetto cuz thats all you can afford not cuz you think its cool.

Apr 25, 2002
the thing is hella foos see the ghetto glorified on tv and its "cool",at least that what these "cool" rappers say,the thing tho is 80% of familys in the ghetto are there because of there financial situation....

my child is gonna be 3 in a couple months,when she was born we were in the ghetto,mice,roaches,piece of shitty (but good size) house,low income neighborhood.i dont want her in that kinda shit,right now i aint in the best place but im tryna move up to something better.i dont want my daughter moving 20 something times in 20 years like i did....im tryna get stable in something saucy....

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
x-loc said:
I visit the barrio in norwalk...when i go see my grandparents down there.........i go down there and the houses are like 2 bedrooms......i just couldnt see there living there everyday of my life........thats why im happy for what i have and i hope someday when i have kids i will do the same what my parents did for me is to put them through school and i can support them.....

you x-loc, i used to live in norwalk in the 80's...its not really shitty...well the area i was in...but you're right about two bedroom shit...i lived in an apartment with only one bedroom...i remember the place cause it was called elm street...i was scared before cause of friday the 13th movie...but i've lived in canada for 12 years now and its all suburbs here...i mean soem of my friends live in the "poor community" areas but its really way nicer than real projects...the people here just scam the government or just too lazy to do something about their life...that's why i get mad at canadian rappers claiming thung this and shit.

Apr 25, 2002
Ive lived in many Ghetto places in Louisville. Most people dont think kentucky has ghetto places but WE DO!! The first place i remember staying was DOuglas Park apartments. We paid a dollar for rent. my mom was gettin food stamps & checks from the state. we was so por we couldnt afford to even buy clothes. My moms boyfriend would go to the Salvation army & take stuff that people dropped off after they closed. There was 6 of us living there. we had a cat named Stanley Roach caus he killed the roaches. then we moved into a garage in Portland. which is downtown. we didnt have no heat & we had concert floors. & a gap under the door that was like a inch or 2. then we moved again & my moms boyfriend got stabbed 7 times lol. then finally she got rid of him & we started finding better places & she got a job. then money started gettin low again & we moved in with some or her friends & my g-ma. My G-ma & me dont get along so we had to move out. then we moved into these other apartments & the windows came out if u just shook them. I had people always lookin in my windows. but now my mom has gottin with a new guy & we are livin pretty good. we have food now lol & our gas * electic dont get cut off every other month. Maybe i was just living ghetto who knows!!
Much Luv,
Sheena

May 12, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I'm from White Center in Seattle....and it's a big ass neighborhood, got housing projects and shit. And it's rough and shit, people gettin shot, hella drugs odviously, bums posted everywhere. But I always had food on the plate and clothes on my back and shit, but bein around the nieghborhood was good for me, it's a wake up call to how shit really goes you know? And to tell you the truth, I like how I was raised and dont plan on goin nowhere. I know for damn sure there's rougher sets then where the fuck I'm from, I aint dumb, but I got love for my shit cuz I aint personally had no big problems livin with it, been lucky so far maybe.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I dont wanna live in proper ghetto areas near me. Too risky. You get a lot of people that are safe, and proper sick fucks, I mean youths, who are like the person I would be, If I had no conscience. (I'm workin on that one doe!). And I'm quite a bad person, police come into school to see me and my crew every now & then, but them kids would jus str8 up gank me.
Conclusion: there's no happinness/pleasantness in poverty stricken areas near me.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
There used to be a ghettolised place on my block called the barracks, I used to have friends there. That shit was crazy. Drug packages on the floor & shit (normally we'd find hash, or packs of syringes).
I remember when I was about 5, we saw dis man walkin down the stairs with a shinin baldhead, his eyes lit red like a laser.. WE jus ran the fuck out of the shithole. I never saw that man again.
The place has been knocked down, and faggit student housing has been put there. I've stolen lots of things from their apartment windows, cake, a calculator, a shoe, matches, an Animal Watch. The list goes on.