LIVING AT HOME WITH YOUR PARENTS STILL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
Your a pawn..Its not cool for 33 year olds to lay up at the house and do nothing......Your right.....But if your 33 with a job and your wife has a job....Than you can move in with your parents.....They wouldnt have to work anymore(if they didnt want to). If you have kids they would be able to watch them(no daycare expenses..) better environment for your kids..... Maybe one of the grandperents can work part time if they want.....Or both as long as kids dont have to go to daycare.....The house would get paid off quicker.....Low house payments....relive your parents of working.....Maybe add on a room to the house or convert the garage for more room........Forcing kids out at 18 dosent seem like the right thing to do...
LOL. this scenario made sense during the Great Depression...but its 2008.
im sure thats what your middle aged spouse would love to hear.
"lets live with my parents because im a loser fuck, dear! we'll save money that way!" niggas gotta watch what they parents watch on tv because its their house.. LOL FUCK THAT

May 24, 2007
My parents averaged (together) 28,000/year...........growing up.

You tell me?

Some people use that as an excuse to do bad or be in bad situations. I use it as a reason to get a head in life.

The flip side to that is that some grow up with privileges and then turn around and talk about how easy it is. But as far as doing something with yourself, thats up to the person to decide, no excuses.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
lol.. read this blurb this morning and thought about all you fucking losers eating up your moms cereal still..

boomerang niggas..
__

Adult Children Moving Back Home: Don't Let "Boomerang Kids" Derail Your Goals

* Have your adult children returned to the nest?
* Are you ready to help them get back on their feet?
* Are you prepared to lay down rules and protect your own financial stability?

They're back. The "Boomerang Kids" — young adults who left to go to college, get married or just strut their independence — are moving back in with mom and dad. Boomerang Kids can be a mixed blessing for parents, both emotionally and financially.

The trend is cyclical. Especially during tough economic times, adult children head for home. Census figures show that 56 percent of men and 43 percent of women ages 18 to 24 today live with one or both parents. Some never left, while an estimated 65 percent of recent college graduates have moved back in with their parents.

The reasons are many, the first being economics. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 10.9% of 20-to-24-year-olds were unemployed in September 2003 vs. 6.7% in September, 2000. The jobless rate for 25-to-34-year-olds had also risen to 6.3% from 3.7% over the period. That sent a lot of young folks back home. Plus, there is the matter of debt, especially college loans. For as many as 40 percent of recent grads, it made smart economic sense to move back in with their parents – where life is comfortable and rent is either low or nonexistent – while they get their finances in order. Then, of course, some return for personal reasons, to recover from a divorce or an illness, or just because they cannot afford their parents' lifestyle living on their own.

Caution: Parents are often happy to help out, both emotionally and financially. As a result, the arrangement often works to everyone's satisfaction. However, there are risks, especially for the parents. These include family tension and misunderstandings, but also money.

The return to the nest can become a financial burden that can derail the parents' plans and jeopardize their financial future, especially their retirement, as they try to do too much for their children. For example, if parents pick up a son's college loan, that payment is money not going toward their own retirement savings, very often at a time when the parents need to be stashing cash at an accelerated pace to meet retirement needs.

Success Factors
Studies show that the return to the nest works best when several factors are present:

* The boomerang kid pays rent or contributes to the household in a tangible way. (About half make a payment of rent.)
* The boomerang kid gets along with mom. (The relationship with the father seems to be less of a factor.)
* The return is temporary and a one–time event. (Children who repeatedly boomerang find that relations with parents worsen each time.)
* The parents are in a long–term marriage.
* The return is a safety net while the boomerang kid makes a transition, based on a clear–cut need.
* The boomerang kid is cheerful and good company. (Mothers, especially, like the company of the young person and see it as a benefit of the return to the nest.)

How To Make It Work
Most researchers agree that you as a parent can take steps to create a win–win situation:

1. Set house rules. Put them in writing. Make it a contract. Remember, it's still your house.
2. Set a departure date, whether it be three weeks or three months.
3. Insist on responsibilities, which may include paying rent and/or payment in kind, such as taking on household chores – doing laundry, making dinner two nights a week, buying groceries. This can often be negotiated. One method is to ask the returning child what he or she believes would be reasonable rent. (This is also the area, when not clearly laid out, that can result in the most misunderstandings, as adult children return to old habits of expecting to be taken care of.)
4. Help them restructure debts, rather than simply bail them out. Then teach them how to avoid new debt. One option is to match debt–reduction payments, with the understanding that they put away credit cards and live within their means.
5. Do not sacrifice your own financial future. Decide how much you want and can afford to help. Children tend to think their parents are wealthy, while some parents provide more financial support than they can afford. Remember that your children have decades to build their financial security, while you may be only a few years away from your retirement date. Ironically, if you are not careful, you could end up depending on your children for help in your old age.

Boomerang Kids – having your darlings return to the safety net of their home – can be wonderful time of family closeness. Setting the tone, laying out the ground rules, and making smart–money financial decisions can help create a positive, supportive environment that is in the best interests of you and your returning family members. Good luck.

Mar 4, 2007
lol damn my brother is a returning boomerang kid, no doubt, was suppose to have like 3 documentaries lined up and he didn't figure shit out so he just moved back here.

lol once i'm out im gonna be out, unless some crazy shit happens w/ my moms health again.

May 5, 2002
I moved out and lived on my own for 4 years. Just moved back with my pops a month ago temporarily, and I'm ready to commit suicide. FUCK living at home, I should be out in a month....

I do know a lot of people still living with their parents, most have never been out on their own either. Fuck all that. It sucks that shit is so expensive in this area and their aren't a ton of opportunities to make the kind of money needed to buy your own house.

Mar 4, 2007
so synical, what if your mother has health issues like cancer or re-occuring cancer, or has bad arthritis and at times has such horrible pain that she can get up to drive to the store for food?

and what if living with her would be better for your financial situation and for her health situation?? is it still a huge no-no, if you know you are moving out by a certain date anyways? i just don't understand why its such a black/white judgment call.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
so synical, what if your mother has health issues like cancer or re-occuring cancer, or has bad arthritis and at times has such horrible pain that she can get up to drive to the store for food?

and what if living with her would be better for your financial situation and for her health situation?? is it still a huge no-no, if you know you are moving out by a certain date anyways? i just don't understand why its such a black/white judgment call.
nah i get it. kids love their parents or are helping out etc...
houses are half a mil out here. cali is expensive etc...
havin a job, paying rent isnt that hard.

its not such a black/white judgement call..
this is the internets, and its all for the lulz. honestly.

Dec 29, 2008
i moved outta my parents house when i was 17. started paying rent the day i turned 18.

i don't understand how people live with their parents at such an old age.

Dec 2, 2006
I do not live at home with mom or dad, but if you have a plan and save money to make your future better, do what you have to do. Just don't be at the club acting like your balling with your car payment being your only bill, and spending every penny of your check every week.. lol. Clowns like this are a dime a dozen just like a good looking broke ass bitch. Stack that bread and make your dream a reality. It is 2010, step your motherfucking game up!