LeBron James wins MVP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
SO KOBE GETS A PASS CUZ HE'S BEEN ON GOOD TEAMS SINCE HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE AND LEBRON HAS HAD SHITTY TEAMS UP UNTIL LAST YEAR AND HE GETS NO PASS?? KOBE AINT WIN THEM 3 CHIPS ON HIS OWN BUT PEOPLE EXPECT LEBRON TO DO IT ON HIS OWN...
last year he wasnt on his own, last year the heat had 2 of the top 3 players in the league and bosh who could be ranked in the top 10. 3 guys who were starting or could start on the US olympic team. What don't you understand about that?? It's not like lebron lost with that team in his first season, he lost as a veteran of the NBA in his prime. Once again if lebron had shown any signs of being clutch or having heart no one would discredit him. When he was in cleveland you couldnt find one person in the media who had something negative to say about bron, but he cryed and threw his team, city, and state under the bus. Now he has what he wanted and he still can seal the deal. So now we are hearing new excuses, who does he want next? Wade, Bosh, D. Williams, Howard and himself on a team??

What happened to what all his supporters were saying when he was in cleveland?

"If lebron only had another star he would win multiple rings"

"If you give him one more offensive threat it over"

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
lebron hasnt done shit in the playoffs.

kobe+shaq= champions
wade+shaq= champion
lebron+shaq= nothing
lol @ comparing Shaq in Cleveland to Shaq in LA and Miami... you cant be fucking serious bro. he was at completely different point in his career when he was in Cleveland. dumbest argument ever

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
last year he wasnt on his own, last year the heat had 2 of the top 3 players in the league and bosh who could be ranked in the top 10. 3 guys who were starting or could start on the US olympic team. What don't you understand about that?? It's not like lebron lost with that team in his first season, he lost as a veteran of the NBA in his prime. Once again if lebron had shown any signs of being clutch or having heart no one would discredit him. When he was in cleveland you couldnt find one person in the media who had something negative to say about bron, but he cryed and threw his team, city, and state under the bus. Now he has what he wanted and he still can seal the deal. So now we are hearing new excuses, who does he want next? Wade, Bosh, D. Williams, Howard and himself on a team??

What happened to what all his supporters were saying when he was in cleveland?

"If lebron only had another star he would win multiple rings"

"If you give him one more offensive threat it over"
it's funny how people say he still can't win a ring with Wade and Bosh, just because he didn't do it last year. you act like he has no other chances to win rings

Apr 7, 2004
it's funny how people say he still can't win a ring with Wade and Bosh, just because he didn't do it last year. you act like he has no other chances to win rings
Thats what I was saying a few post ago.. He has a good 7 years of good basketball left in him. The way people talk about it you would think this was his last year of basketball.

Jan 12, 2006
Thats what I was saying a few post ago.. He has a good 7 years of good basketball left in him. The way people talk about it you would think this was his last year of basketball.
not saying he isn't going to have any more opportunities, but LeBron is at his prime right now. He isn't going to be young forever, same goes for wade and bosh the 2 main pieces surrounding him. Also the rest of the league isn't going to sit around, the thunder and clippers will only get better imo. They will be better then the heat next season same goes for the bulls. The heat need to win now when they still have 3 of the best players in the world in their prime.

Apr 7, 2004
not saying he isn't going to have any more opportunities, but LeBron is at his prime right now. He isn't going to be young forever, same goes for wade and bosh the 2 main pieces surrounding him. Also the rest of the league isn't going to sit around, the thunder and clippers will only get better imo. They will be better then the heat next season same goes for the bulls. The heat need to win now when they still have 3 of the best players in the world in their prime.
They have a three year time frame,thats including this season so really two more seasons. If its not done by then,then its just not going to happen in Miami. Lebron is only 27 he has a lot of basketball left to play but it might just not be with miami.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Lebron is 27 right now. I'm just sayin...

Jan 12, 2006
MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Lebron is 27 right now. I'm just sayin...
so is LeBron going to go on to lead a team to two seperate 3-peats?? If not then the point you just made was useless. You go off what a player has shown not what you think or hope they are capable of.

MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Durant is 23 right now. I'm just sayin...

MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Rose is 23 right now. I'm just sayin...

MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Howard is 26 right now. I'm just sayin...

Apr 7, 2004
I tried that argument but according to everybody on the siccness. First Lebron should never be compared to mj(I agree with that some what). 2nd Mj won six rings after he got it,so I assumed everybody on this board could time travel to the future back then and seen jordan had six rings already. Plus Jordan did it by himself. I believe if Jordan didn't have a pippen and phil he would of left the bulls but we will never know that story so I cant assume.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
so is LeBron going to go on to lead a team to two seperate 3-peats?? If not then the point you just made was useless. You go off what a player has shown not what you think or hope they are capable of.

MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Durant is 23 right now. I'm just sayin...

MJ won his first ring when he was 28... Howard is 26 right now. I'm just sayin...
what the fuck does Rose and Durant have to do with this conversation?

I'm saying if MJ was able to win 6 rings after he was 28 years old, it's possible Lebron can win a couple, seeing that he's only 27. I never fucking said he was gonna win 6. did I? No. so stop assuming shit. Thank you.

Apr 7, 2004

When its all said in done I believe all three of those players and Lebron will have at least one ring. I don't care how many he win,I just want to see him win one.

Jan 12, 2006
what the fuck does Rose and Durant have to do with this conversation?

I'm saying if MJ was able to win 6 rings after he was 28 years old, it's possible Lebron can win a couple, seeing that he's only 27. I never fucking said he was gonna win 6. did I? No. so stop assuming shit. Thank you.
well that point is useless, everyone knows its not impossible for him to win a few titles. The same way its not impossible for lebron to all of a sudden grow some balls and win 7 rings in a row. Reality is based on what we have seen from lebron i wouldn't be surprised if he never won a single ring. So why bring up IF's?? especially comparing him to MJ that's just plain ridiculous. That's like me having a son and if he doesn't make his high school basketball team because he sucks and then i proceed to tell all my buddies, "Well you know, Jordan once didn't make the cut for a high school basketball team". It feels like im insinuating that some how i can compare my son to MJ because of one rare instance.

Nov 7, 2006
I said the same thing the moment that happened. Why pass it to Wade when he had a clear path to the basket?
Why have Chalmers take the last shot when he was more open than Chalmers?

It's the playoffs and dude is still scared to take the last shot? We saw Durant take the last shot in the first round a couple of times. One he made, one he missed. But the point is --- he took the shot!

LBJ need to get off that bitch shit and do it when it counts. Like Magic Johnson said, "LeBron James is the best player in the league for the first three quarters."
and when he was forced to shoot (freethrows) he missed both hahaha. dude isnt cut out to be great. he can have all the 90's babies jocking him and all the talent in the world. but that'll never mean shit until he actually does something besides being a pussy.

look at pierce. i fucking hate when he takes the last shot everytime but thats his mentality. he's doing it because it's natural to him and he wants to be the guy who makes or breaks the game. LBJ is soo afriad of missing the shot that he no longer even tries and thats not something a great player does.

the sad part is years from now people who never watched him play will watch his highlights and his one nasty closing shot with the cavs and think this guy was top 5. then we, the people who have watched his bitchness all year have to shake our heads and reminisce on the old days. i now know what it feels like to be an old man with a younger generation and i'm only 25.

Nov 7, 2006
SO KOBE GETS A PASS CUZ HE'S BEEN ON GOOD TEAMS SINCE HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE AND LEBRON HAS HAD SHITTY TEAMS UP UNTIL LAST YEAR AND HE GETS NO PASS?? KOBE AINT WIN THEM 3 CHIPS ON HIS OWN BUT PEOPLE EXPECT LEBRON TO DO IT ON HIS OWN...
Kobe was put where he was put. Lebron chose the easy way out which no real competitor does. and Lebron did NOT have shitty teams when he was with the cavs. that was a good team with good chemistry for like 3-4 years. they even always tried to add value to it and he left that team when it had the best record in the NBA. he knew he couldnt win one on his own... actually he didnt even try to win one on his own. he felt he had to team up with allstars to win "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7" championships. i mean i wonder what a psychiatrist would say about Lebrons actions and how he handled his free agency. all i know is when you have that state of mind as a player you should never be considered great.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
well that point is useless, everyone knows its not impossible for him to win a few titles. The same way its not impossible for lebron to all of a sudden grow some balls and win 7 rings in a row. Reality is based on what we have seen from lebron i wouldn't be surprised if he never won a single ring. So why bring up IF's?? especially comparing him to MJ that's just plain ridiculous. That's like me having a son and if he doesn't make his high school basketball team because he sucks and then i proceed to tell all my buddies, "Well you know, Jordan once didn't make the cut for a high school basketball team". It feels like im insinuating that some how i can compare my son to MJ because of one rare instance.
jesus christ man.... I truly can't argue with you anymore... this is pointless. I'm bored though, so I'll try.

the analogy you used at the end of your post is absolutely terrible and completely irrelevant. yeah, comparing Lebron (a guy who many people consider to be the best basketball player in the world right now, and someone who has taken his team to the NBA Finals on more than one occassion) is just like comparing a kid who got cut from his high school basketball team to Jordan... yeah.... exactly the same thing. fucking christ man, I can't believe you implied that shit. what the fuck is wrong with you?

and I'm not saying Lebron is as good as or will ever be as good as Jordan. so please... STOP FUCKING ASSUMING THINGS! all I'm saying is it's very possible for a player to win rings at or after the age of 27

look, I'm not saying Lebron is the best player ever, not saying he's even the best player in the NBA today (it's debatable IMO)

all I'm saying is the guy is a great player, and he takes way too much criticism from everyone for no fucking reason, other than the fact that they don't like the guy.... that's all

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Kobe was put where he was put. Lebron chose the easy way out which no real competitor does. and Lebron did NOT have shitty teams when he was with the cavs. that was a good team with good chemistry for like 3-4 years. they even always tried to add value to it and he left that team when it had the best record in the NBA. he knew he couldnt win one on his own... actually he didnt even try to win one on his own. he felt he had to team up with allstars to win "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7" championships. i mean i wonder what a psychiatrist would say about Lebrons actions and how he handled his free agency. all i know is when you have that state of mind as a player you should never be considered great.
please, miss me with that bullshit. players in every single sport have always left teams as free agents... yet somehow Lebron isn't allowed to do that. what a load of shit.

and no, he didn't have a good team in Cleveland. that's bullshit. look how awful that team was when he left. you can look at great players leaving other teams, and the teams still being good. example: Carmelo left Denver, and they were still a playoff team, Chicago has still been solid without Rose (they lose their series, but weren't terrible, Cleveland was fucking TERRIBLE when Lebron left... like the worst team in the entire NBA... he was the only thing that team had going for them. you're full of shit.

I do agree it was dumb to sit there and have that big show thing in Miami and get on stage talking about they were gonna win 7 rings or whatever. I totally disagree with them doing that, and don't think they'll win that many rings, but it is what it is.

Jan 12, 2006
and no, he didn't have a good team in Cleveland. that's bullshit. look how awful that team was when he left. you can look at great players leaving other teams, and the teams still being good. example: Carmelo left Denver, and they were still a playoff team, Chicago has still been solid without Rose (they lose their series, but weren't terrible, Cleveland was fucking TERRIBLE when Lebron left... like the worst team in the entire NBA... he was the only thing that team had going for them. you're full of shit.
Just stop already, seriously! Of course that team turned into shit when LeBrick left, why? because along with him everyone on that team bounced including the head coach. The owner decided to go into tank mode in order to aquire the #1 pick just like he did when he drafted LeBrick. How can you even compare that situation to the Denver situation where the knicks traded away the entire house to acquire MELO. LOL @ the bulls not being terrible without rose, losing to the sixers who would be lucky to be an 8th seen in the west was terrible, with or without rose. If Rose is there they sweep them.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
please, miss me with that bullshit. players in every single sport have always left teams as free agents... yet somehow Lebron isn't allowed to do that. what a load of shit.

we aint saying he isnt allowed to do that. not at all. but when you put on this aura like you are the king, the chosen one and you jump ship because you dont like how things are going, and 2 other men conspire to go to another team, then you lie that oh we didnt plan this. cmon bro. then the whole decision piece, stringing 4 other teams when he knew damn well he was going to miami.
He is a great player, dont get me wrong, me personally we shouldnt be holding this dude up on pedastle when some of his actions have been questionable. i'm sure a few championship rings down the line will erase all of that for most of us.
and the team in cleveland wasnt that awful because he lead them to the finals. but yes they are complete trash now and will be for a very long time lol