L.A. Noire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
How does it compare to red dead? Better, worse, totally different?
Totally different. You can't pick and choose which case to do like you can in GTA or RDR. This game is way more linear. The only similarity is the huge map. But you can redo cases that you've already completed from the main menu and try to get a better score on them.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
just a tip i learned..

DO NOT ACCUSE A SUSPECT OF LYING..unless you have evidence that can back up your claim!

if not, pick doubt..

and restarting takes you back to the very begining...it will not restart your interrigation/interviewing

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
is there any guides to unlocking the suits? what do they do? i just got the blue one from the interrogation in the case of the traffic accident by the railyard

May 3, 2002
is there any guides to unlocking the suits? what do they do? i just got the blue one from the interrogation in the case of the traffic accident by the railyard
off IGN

1 Unlockables
Submitted by:Stephanie-IGN
Outfits

These are the special outfits you can unlock in L.A. Noire:

The Broderick - Pre-order bonus from Amazon
The Sharpshooter - Pre-order bonus from Best Buy
Button Man - Pre-order bonus from GameStop
The Outsider Outfit - Reach Rank 13
Chicago Lightning - Sign up for Rockstar Social Club
Sword of Justice - Reach Rank 3
Golden Boy - Start Traffic Desk
Hawkshaw - Reach Rank 18
Sunset Strip - Reach Rank 8

May 3, 2002
I'm kinda laughing at everyone hating on this game cuz its not like GTA/RDR. From all the trailers i knew it was going to be a lotta interrogations / cut scenes.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
even besides the trailers, its been stated numerous times in previews..

lols

and fuck outside, i treat that shit like its fallout out there..vault 14 cuhz

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Ever since Sony released firmware update 3.61 for the PS3, there have been a few reports of older consoles - like, say, my launch 60GB model - overheating. Dying a death. A lot of those deaths have occurred while playing LA Noire, but that's apparently not LA Noire's fault.

A statement released on Rockstar's forums - and since retracted by the company - gave the following explanation to consumers complaining of console problems while playing the game.

We have received some reports of PS3s overheating while playing L.A. Noire or beeping three times before shutting down/turning themselves off, mostly on older 60GB and 80GB fat models.

Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or 'Red Lighting' after having installed 3.61.

This can range from games randomly freezing to PS3s turning off anywhere between 30 mins use to 2 hours. We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed.

Seems that little piece of impromptu R&D wasn't enough for an official company statement, hence the retraction, but we get it. Back when Xbox 360s were dying all over the place, we'd get emails by the dozen saying "OH MY GOD THE LATEST BIG GAME IS KILLING XBOX 360s".

No, the consoles were dying of their own accord, and it was just that so many people were playing the latest big game at the same time that it would get the blame. Seems to be the same situation here.