JUS BOUGHT BALANCE "GOLDEN STATE WARRIORZ" ALBUM FIRE!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 13, 2007
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
I'll do you one better, he's my quick quips about each track.

01. I'm Good - Messy Marv, Balance, Yukmouth (ehh)
Lyrics decent, production great! Yuk and Mess rappin about the same thing as usual. Mr. Balance ripped this one. When Mess is on a song with good lyricists, he kinda becomes an afterthought. Favorite line: "I'm good in the hood, this beat is breakfast, Yukmouth,Marv, me connect like Tetris!"

02. Step Up - Balance, Remo, Garcia (ehh)
The sample used is annoying. Beat is cool. I like Remo on this one. I'm assuming he's the "singer" and he has a verse also.

03. Ghetto Supastar (SOLID)
My favorite one hands down. Slaps like a mofo. I was expecting T.I. to have a verse. Curious line, "Nigga form like Voltron, the whip ain't clean if you ain't got no clothes on." I don't really understand what that mean, LOL. Favorite Line, "Big bass hittin, got the wood grain splittin, steel wheel so cold, nigga you need mittens!"

04. I Can Give It To Ya - Balance, Big Rich, G-Stack (SOLID)
I like it even though it's a Jay-O-Felony chorus. Maybe I'm wrong. Definitely a song to cruise to, sounds like a summer song.

05. Priceless - Balance, Dem Hoodstarz, Jesse James (SOLID)
Scoot can spit and Band Aid is getting better and better, that's for sure. I don't need to comment, anymore, 2nd favorite song. Favorite line if what I heard is right, "Fuck your rubber bands, give me a girdle"

06. Eyes Wide Shut - Balance, Erk Tha Jerk, Ahku (Ehh)
I think this one I ain't feelin. Not one bit.

07. New West - Crooked I, Juice, X.O., Balance (Ehh)
I think this one I ain't feelin. Not one bit.

08. Say My Name - Balance, Jesse James, La, Selau (SOLID)
I like this one, BEST SONG to release as a single. Selau isn't the best but she did ok on the chorus for this one. Favorite line, "Sheesh, I'm such a fucking beast. Nickname Wolverine how I'm cuttin up the sheets!" CLASSIC.

09. Gone - Smigg Dirtee, J.Stalin, Guce, Balance (SOLID)
I like it, JD (Smigg Dirtee) sounds good on this one. J. Stalin, man this guy needs to blow up! Guce (ok)

10. Whasup - Balance, Big Rich, Mistah F.A.B. (Ehh)
This one is in between SOLID and Ehh in my book. Maybe it's the chorus, I'm still on the fence even though on paper, this one should be top two based off the lyricists/rappers on the track. Based off lyrics, sounds like Fabby's verse was last to be added due to Big Rich refers to himself and Balance and not Fabby.

11. Swear To Tell Tha Truth - Dutch, Balance (Ehh)
Dutch just got lyrics up the ass. That boy good. But still, this song isn't part of my rotation, but I def like Dutch in this one. This song has more lyrics that I like, "Hang what I've hung, Breathe with my lungs. When I started out I thought I was the white lynch hung!" (Wow!)

When I say Solid, that's me saying I like this song with no hesitation. The ehhh songs are just ones that I ain't feelin immediately, not saying it sucks cause others may like it. This is just me, I don't expect everyone to have the same opinions as me. But I feel I keep it really real, and I have high expecations. Wether I'm listening to Jacka, Jack Johnson, or eating a burger at Jack in the Box. Last but not least, ICON did a great job on the production.

FYI, this is my first CD I've bought in 2008.
GOOD REVIEW HOMIE!!!!

i meant in the line

u cant have a tight car and fucked up clothes it dont go together

lol

feel me?

Oct 21, 2008
GOOD REVIEW HOMIE!!!!

i meant in the line

u cant have a tight car and fucked up clothes it dont go together

lol

feel me?
That is pretty damn solid that a consumer was able to give you this in-depth critique of your project. You shouldn't base your music on ones opinion, but if a large amount of your fan base's opinion is in line with this then you should REALLY start to pay attention.

Apr 23, 2006
after the first listen i thought the album was dope as fuck

my favorite track was the one with dutch for sure

i actually didnt even know dutch was a rapper lol but after hearin that track im straight fiendin for more of his shit that verse was too hard to be a fluke

only thing that i thought was lackin on this was solo tracks from balance sometimes i dont wanna hear a bunch of features and just wanna listen to an artist i know is gunna come tight

Jan 13, 2007
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
That is pretty damn solid that a consumer was able to give you this in-depth critique of your project. You shouldn't base your music on ones opinion, but if a large amount of your fan base's opinion is in line with this then you should REALLY start to pay attention.
Yeah i always listen to the fans and the consumers. i make the music for yaw. his review is a GOOD review. he likes the album and thas all that matters to me.

Jan 13, 2007
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
after the first listen i thought the album was dope as fuck

my favorite track was the one with dutch for sure

i actually didnt even know dutch was a rapper lol but after hearin that track im straight fiendin for more of his shit that verse was too hard to be a fluke

only thing that i thought was lackin on this was solo tracks from balance sometimes i dont wanna hear a bunch of features and just wanna listen to an artist i know is gunna come tight
thanks homie glad u like it!!!

yeah this is more like a compilation me and my favorite bay artists. my solo album "THE DAY KALI DIED" will be all me and have very few features.

thanks for picking up the album!!!

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Totally agree with you. I'm a nobody. But I think the big difference between me and others on the board when posting is that I try to drive my point using eloquence and honesty without bashing on someone. I actually have reasoning and if possible, facts, to back up my opinion. As a nobody that likes to write, understands music theory, and have been a longtime music lover, I'll go toe to toe on my review writing ability against anyone on HipHopdx, BART, The Source, AllHipHop, Vibe. I don't get paid to write, just a fan of the music.

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
1- 4.25/5 : Monster track here...some of my favorite bay rappers on a dope beat
2- 4.25/5 : That beat is dope as fuck...i'm loving the audio two sample
3- 3.5/5 : solid track...nothing incredible but it's bumpable
4- 4.25/5 : dope beat dope hook dope verses...this should get some radio play
5- 3.75/5 : another solid track with a good use of autotune....kinda lil wayneish
6- 4/5 : i'm loving that beat...and erk drops a solid verse...good track
7- 3/5 : nothing special...first misstep imo
8- 3.5/5 : pretty good track but the hook is kinda corny
9- 3/5 : average track...good to hear some new smigg tho
10- 3/5 : with a line-up like that it could've been better...average
11- 4/5 : great track...nice way to end the cd

Overall this is a good compilation...the beats are top notch and most of the featured guests dropped good verses....i was expecting more tracks but whatever....it's still dope...

FINAL RATING: 3.75/5

Jan 13, 2007
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
1- 4.25/5 : Monster track here...some of my favorite bay rappers on a dope beat
2- 4.25/5 : That beat is dope as fuck...i'm loving the audio two sample
3- 3.5/5 : solid track...nothing incredible but it's bumpable
4- 4.25/5 : dope beat dope hook dope verses...this should get some radio play
5- 3.75/5 : another solid track with a good use of autotune....kinda lil wayneish
6- 4/5 : i'm loving that beat...and erk drops a solid verse...good track
7- 3/5 : nothing special...first misstep imo
8- 3.5/5 : pretty good track but the hook is kinda corny
9- 3/5 : average track...good to hear some new smigg tho
10- 3/5 : with a line-up like that it could've been better...average
11- 4/5 : great track...nice way to end the cd

Overall this is a good compilation...the beats are top notch and most of the featured guests dropped good verses....i was expecting more tracks but whatever....it's still dope...

FINAL RATING: 3.75/5
"its still dope"

thanks homie another good indepth review!!!