JUS BOUGHT BALANCE "GOLDEN STATE WARRIORZ" ALBUM FIRE!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2005
last night i bought balance new album from rasputins, fire!!! knock back to back!!! i been playing it all night and day!!! great work balance!!! i cant wait for u and big rich new album too!!!!

Oct 21, 2008
last night i bought balance new album from rasputins, fire!!! knock back to back!!! i been playing it all night and day!!! great work balance!!! i cant wait for u and big rich new album too!!!!
Lol...you been playing it all last night and all day today and it came out YESTERDAY? That must be a hell of a album. I do plan on buying it today though. I think he is a solid rapper and in todays standards of rapping that is sometimes the best that your going to get. I met Balance and he seemed pretty cool. I hope I like this album as much as you do.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Lol...you been playing it all last night and all day today and it came out YESTERDAY? That must be a hell of a album. I do plan on buying it today though. I think he is a solid rapper and in todays standards of rapping that is sometimes the best that your going to get. I met Balance and he seemed pretty cool. I hope I like this album as much as you do.
It actually was released on Monday the 20th at Rasputin's in Campbell. Either way, there's 12 tracks, I like 5. The others, ehh. But 5 is SOLID CD compared to other CDs coming out nowadays.

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
It actually was released on Monday the 20th at Rasputin's in Campbell. Either way, there's 12 tracks, I like 5. The others, ehh. But 5 is SOLID CD compared to other CDs coming out nowadays.
whaaa.... liking 5 outta 12 is solid? fuckkkk that.
If you're expectations are that bad, you can't expect artists to step it up.

To me....i gotta like 3/4 of it to be solid. Even compared to CDs coming out these days, 5 outta 12 is not solid. Maybe if 5 are good and 4 are decent and maybe 3 are ehhh I'd still consider it solid..... but 7 ehh tracks on a 20 track album would be weak.

Not gonna speak on this particular album though since i haven't heard it.

Jan 13, 2007
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
im curious what 5 songs u liked the most. hopefully with more listens u may feel the other ones. thanks for supporting send me ur address thru private message and ill send u a free mix cd. to make sure u get ur moneys worth!!!

May 14, 2008
the album is fire. balance definitely came wit it on this one. i've been slappin his shit since the new bay days and he just keeps improving his skills. one song that really stood out to me was the last song on the cd with dutch. both those cats really break it down on that one.

Nov 28, 2005

To me....i gotta like 3/4 of it to be solid. Even compared to CDs coming out these days, 5 outta 12 is not solid. Maybe if 5 are good and 4 are decent and maybe 3 are ehhh I'd still consider it solid..... but 7 ehh tracks on a 20 track album would be weak.

8 of them are my shit the other 3 are good!!

Balance Presents: Golden State Warriorz Vol. 1 - CD

2008 City Hall Records

01. I'm Good - Messy Marv, Balance, Yukmouth
02. Step Up - Balance, Remo, Garcia
03. Ghetto Supastar
04. I Can Give It To Ya - Balance, Big Rich, G-Stack
05. Priceless - Balance, Dem Hoodstarz, Jesse James
06. Eyes Wide Shut - Balance, Erk Tha Jerk, Ahku
07. New West - Crooked I, Juice, X.O., Balance
08. Say My Name - Balance, Jesse James, La, Selau
09. Gone - Smigg Dirtee, J.Stalin, Guce, Balance
10. Whasup - Balance, Big Rich, Mistah F.A.B.
11. Swear To Tell Tha Truth - Dutch, Balance

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
im curious what 5 songs u liked the most. hopefully with more listens u may feel the other ones. thanks for supporting send me ur address thru private message and ill send u a free mix cd. to make sure u get ur moneys worth!!!
I'll do you one better, he's my quick quips about each track.

01. I'm Good - Messy Marv, Balance, Yukmouth (ehh)
Lyrics decent, production great! Yuk and Mess rappin about the same thing as usual. Mr. Balance ripped this one. When Mess is on a song with good lyricists, he kinda becomes an afterthought. Favorite line: "I'm good in the hood, this beat is breakfast, Yukmouth,Marv, me connect like Tetris!"

02. Step Up - Balance, Remo, Garcia (ehh)
The sample used is annoying. Beat is cool. I like Remo on this one. I'm assuming he's the "singer" and he has a verse also.

03. Ghetto Supastar (SOLID)
My favorite one hands down. Slaps like a mofo. I was expecting T.I. to have a verse. Curious line, "Nigga form like Voltron, the whip ain't clean if you ain't got no clothes on." I don't really understand what that mean, LOL. Favorite Line, "Big bass hittin, got the wood grain splittin, steel wheel so cold, nigga you need mittens!"

04. I Can Give It To Ya - Balance, Big Rich, G-Stack (SOLID)
I like it even though it's a Jay-O-Felony chorus. Maybe I'm wrong. Definitely a song to cruise to, sounds like a summer song.

05. Priceless - Balance, Dem Hoodstarz, Jesse James (SOLID)
Scoot can spit and Band Aid is getting better and better, that's for sure. I don't need to comment, anymore, 2nd favorite song. Favorite line if what I heard is right, "Fuck your rubber bands, give me a girdle"

06. Eyes Wide Shut - Balance, Erk Tha Jerk, Ahku (Ehh)
I think this one I ain't feelin. Not one bit.

07. New West - Crooked I, Juice, X.O., Balance (Ehh)
I think this one I ain't feelin. Not one bit.

08. Say My Name - Balance, Jesse James, La, Selau (SOLID)
I like this one, BEST SONG to release as a single. Selau isn't the best but she did ok on the chorus for this one. Favorite line, "Sheesh, I'm such a fucking beast. Nickname Wolverine how I'm cuttin up the sheets!" CLASSIC.

09. Gone - Smigg Dirtee, J.Stalin, Guce, Balance (SOLID)
I like it, JD (Smigg Dirtee) sounds good on this one. J. Stalin, man this guy needs to blow up! Guce (ok)

10. Whasup - Balance, Big Rich, Mistah F.A.B. (Ehh)
This one is in between SOLID and Ehh in my book. Maybe it's the chorus, I'm still on the fence even though on paper, this one should be top two based off the lyricists/rappers on the track. Based off lyrics, sounds like Fabby's verse was last to be added due to Big Rich refers to himself and Balance and not Fabby.

11. Swear To Tell Tha Truth - Dutch, Balance (Ehh)
Dutch just got lyrics up the ass. That boy good. But still, this song isn't part of my rotation, but I def like Dutch in this one. This song has more lyrics that I like, "Hang what I've hung, Breathe with my lungs. When I started out I thought I was the white lynch hung!" (Wow!)

When I say Solid, that's me saying I like this song with no hesitation. The ehhh songs are just ones that I ain't feelin immediately, not saying it sucks cause others may like it. This is just me, I don't expect everyone to have the same opinions as me. But I feel I keep it really real, and I have high expecations. Wether I'm listening to Jacka, Jack Johnson, or eating a burger at Jack in the Box. Last but not least, ICON did a great job on the production.

FYI, this is my first CD I've bought in 2008.

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004

I totally agree with you but I've been buying tapes since 1986. I've seen the trend and I've been burned many times. I wish I was like you, but even Notorious B.I.G. Ready To Die, Dr. Dre The Chronic, and Snoop's Doggystyle, I don't think 3/4 are solid IMO. I'm not saying they suck, I just ain't feelin every track. The only ones that are 3/4 SOLID in my book, aren't rap CDs.