Jay Rock - Follow Me Home

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2006
I think it's a pretty good album.. Second half of the album is better than the first to me. Beats are on point, doesn't really sound like the 'usual' Strange Music release. Rock comes on a real tip, not some fabricated boolchit.. I dig it, I'll cop this Tuesday. If Ben Cybulsky mixed this then he def did a better job than he did on 6's & 7's, I still miss Rob Rebeck though, he even made Congnito sound good.

Jun 20, 2008
I'll probably check out a few tracks on youtube in the next couple of days. I don't expect much, what I've heard from him so far just doesn't really appeal to me.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I actually really liked this, I had low expectations because I was underwhelmed by the lynch albums on strange, but this was a good album.

Aug 16, 2003
Its a good album IMO. Theres a few standouts to me that I liked. The track with Rick Ross was good and I liked Westside.

I think I'll grab the album at bestbuy tuesday.

May 7, 2008
^ it is..

i can only see the "im cool kids" buying this shit and claiming there "hood" haha ill be amazed if it sells good.. but it probably will worse cds have made it big.

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
actually i was very skeptikal bout this..since it had that 5 year old wayne feature on it...but yea jay rock is a beast on that hood shit..if u like gang bangin type shit u will be pleased ....i once thought he was a game clone...but nah he sounds fuckin hard games a lil gurl next to jay rock ...and his team is fukin ill too kendrick is the best new rapper period...shits on yelawolf,cyhi,wiz, etc ...musically

Nov 7, 2006
^ it is..

i can only see the "im cool kids" buying this shit and claiming there "hood" haha ill be amazed if it sells good.. but it probably will worse cds have made it big.
Wtf does your foreign ass know about the hood to begin with? I mean you probably look a lot goofier than anyone in here listening to Jay Rock with your NZ/Australian ass sippin tea and listenin to rap like "Jolly good tune aye!" Oh look I can make generalizations about ppl too. Gettin on here every day actin like some sort of rap elitist when all you do is dick ride American culture and try to act like you fit in.

Shut the fuck up already.

Feb 25, 2007
'Black Friday' still gets regular rotation in my deck, so I had high expectations for this. It's decent. Need to give it more time to sink in, though.

May 7, 2008
Wtf does your foreign ass know about the hood to begin with? I mean you probably look a lot goofier than anyone in here listening to Jay Rock with your NZ/Australian ass sippin tea and listenin to rap like "Jolly good tune aye!" Oh look I can make generalizations about ppl too. Gettin on here every day actin like some sort of rap elitist when all you do is dick ride American culture and try to act like you fit in.

Shut the fuck up already.

And your sitting there saying rap is solely American culture ? that's some ignorant shit right there u do know there's music in every country outside your precious bubble right ?? your ignorant look on the world makes your opinion mean nothing already.. guess ill go drink "fosters" and fight some crocodiles because some stupid fkin idiot thinks movies are all real.

Half of the clowns who listen and who support these "hood" artist aint from the same fucking hood the musician originated from but that makes em know nothing automatically ? so runnin ya mouth at people because u think they aint hood is bullshit without all those 12yr groupies and wannabes these artist wouldnt be fucking anywhere.. If hood was an exclusive club it be a very fucking small club..

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Casper you do realize you and I are tied for most posts in this thread right? For someone who doesn't like dude's music you can't seem to shut up about it. If I don't like something I don't see much need to post more than once or twice about it, I'll usually just avoid the thread. Just saying.