IVERSON traded to PISTONS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I was watching a little bit about the Nuggets interested (along with Miami) in Stephon Marbury, and they interrupted with ''breaking news''...it's on the ticker at the bottom of the screen right now, but nothing on espn.com, yet.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Sources: Nuggets said:
The Denver Nuggets are expected to trade Allen Iverson to the Detroit Pistons for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess, Pistons team sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The deal has not been finalized.

This would be the second time Iverson has been traded in two years. He was dealt by Philadelphia to Denver in December 2006, kicked out of Philly over irreconcilable differences as part of a package that brought Andre Miller to the 76ers.
aint mcdyess like 45 now??

Feb 13, 2006
The good news in my opinion is we get a better TEAM point guard, and AI is good for Detroit, he likes that ball pounding style they play in the East. Mcdyess is old, but still better than our current reserves in the post, Juwan Howard, Chris Anderson, and Renaldo Balkman.

Nov 24, 2003
I think this move is good for both teams.

Denver needed to do something to compete in the west and this move should give them a little more D and depth on the bench & Detriot will get a spark on offense

Jan 28, 2005
good deal for both teams, definitely.

I like Billups a lot and dont like to see him go, but Im thinking this is going to free up a lot of cap space for the 2010 season. Maybe Detroit will be looking to pick up one of the big names who will be in free agency.