Is this still the Siccness??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
talk 2 the mods and tell them 2 chill out
then tell all of your gay ass e-friends to CHILL THE FUCK OUT too......the only reason mods are doing shit is cause HALF OF YOU COMPLAIN...WHILE THE OTHER HALF ARE THE ONES BEING COMPLAINED ABOUT.....

maybe you fags should work out your relationship issues outside of the board?

i don't do shit in the detox, unless someone is fucking completely stupid...and posts something about "what pill is this" or "what's yoru favorite weed" or anything related to piss tests..

but I AM an asshole.......but only to the people who deserve it.

everyone needs to CHILL THE FUCK OUT.....and GROW A PAIR.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
vamps you are triple o.g. round here and much respect but,

Threads: 225,847, Posts: 3,007,763, Members: 50,587

aint the same as i was in 2000-2003

change with the times. nemo made this a business and not just a message board. so bullshit needs to be nipped in the bud quickly or you will have 1/4th of yout total member count going ape shit like its the thing to do.

vamps you know we good bro, hit me whenever

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

vamps you are triple o.g. round here and much respect but,

Threads: 225,847, Posts: 3,007,763, Members: 50,587

aint the same as i was in 2000-2003

change with the times. nemo made this a business and not just a message board. so bullshit needs to be nipped in the bud quickly or you will have 1/4th of yout total member count going ape shit like its the thing to do.

vamps you know we good bro, hit me whenever
at the same time, these same people brought traffic to siccness...if open forum becomes dead, believe me there will be alot less traffic on the siccness and alot less people comin on here to check the topic or have a good laugh...

im pretty sure alot of people joined the siccness coz open forum was crackin and then spread out to other forums and vice versa...

at the same time its a music site first, it was created for the artist to network and the fans to stay in touch with what their fav artist are up to...

but open forum was created for the bullshit post, anything goes, and it does help the siccness in bringin new members and keepin the site crackin...

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
im pretty sure alot of people joined the siccness coz open forum was crackin and then spread out to other forums and vice versa...
surely you are joking? people joined this site for the open forum? aint no vice versa this site was built on B.A.R.T. PERIOD. hahahahahahahhahaha thats funnier than mille saying he aint white!

noone even fucked with the siccness when it was 91siccness. junior had b.a.r.t with o,g, m.s. back in the day. bart crashed, 91siccness helped out. it only used to be one forum. 91siccness only. and then the site got 2 forums. so the bart heads had a place to post up while bart was being rebuilt or what have you.

once bart got back on its feet, 91siccness had changed to siccness.net and decided to bully the bart forum, cause THE POWERS THAT BE KNEW THAT IF THE B.A.R.T. FORUM LEFT THE SICCNESS WOULD BE DEAD.

it took too long for bart to recover and now siccness rules the land of bay are hip hop message boards.

all that to say this, it aint no turning back. 50,000 +members need to be held in check at some points. open forum or not. bullshit needs to be tamed. period.

my opinions, sorry for the essay.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I've pretty much stayed out of this whole debacle but felt it neccesary to comment on this.

The Open Forum isn't "ANYTHING goes". It's a forum for non-music related things. The site has changed ALOT since the early days and of course some are negative and some are positive. Posting here isn't a right, it's a privilege. No one pays a user fee nor has to have any sort of authorization to be on here. If you don't like the site it's REAL simple. LEAVE.

8 years ago I was younger and thinner. TIMES CHANGE. As stated above, you can't compare the siccness of past to the siccness of present. Much smaller membership and ALOT less morons. Sure they were there but no where near where it is today. Computers weren't as accessible and the folks that had them seemed to be a bit more intelligent. Kind of like music production. Now a days any yahoo can download Fruity Loops and thinks he's the next Dr. Dre. Whereas before you needed hardware and an understanding of how things work. As things become easier, you get more idiots plain and simple.

All I'm saying is talking about "the good ol days" is just that. TALK. It's very easy for someone to make their own forum so I encourage those who don't like the site anymore to do just that. See how many members you can get and have fun. Things aren't the same nor will they be again. Shit HAS become a business and a successful one at that. The only time I personally touch the open forum is for reposts but the shit that went on this weekend was just plain BAD and I understand mods had to do something about it.

To sum it up, just let one of us know if you don't wanna be here anymore due to "nazi tactics". We'd be glad to delete your account and you can go to wherever this utopia of freedom is that you long for!

Dec 13, 2003
I've pretty much stayed out of this whole debacle but felt it neccesary to comment on this.

The Open Forum isn't "ANYTHING goes". It's a forum for non-music related things. The site has changed ALOT since the early days and of course some are negative and some are positive. Posting here isn't a right, it's a privilege. No one pays a user fee nor has to have any sort of authorization to be on here. If you don't like the site it's REAL simple. LEAVE.
double edged sword, my friend. traffic keeps this shit running

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

surely you are joking? people joined this site for the open forum? aint no vice versa this site was built on B.A.R.T. PERIOD. hahahahahahahhahaha thats funnier than mille saying he aint white!
noone even fucked with the siccness when it was 91siccness. junior had b.a.r.t with o,g, m.s. back in the day. bart crashed, 91siccness helped out. it only used to be one forum. 91siccness only. and then the site got 2 forums. so the bart heads had a place to post up while bart was being rebuilt or what have you.
once bart got back on its feet, 91siccness had changed to siccness.net and decided to bully the bart forum, cause THE POWERS THAT BE KNEW THAT IF THE B.A.R.T. FORUM LEFT THE SICCNESS WOULD BE DEAD.
it took too long for bart to recover and now siccness rules the land of bay are hip hop message boards.
all that to say this, it aint no turning back. 50,000 +members need to be held in check at some points. open forum or not. bullshit needs to be tamed. period.
my opinions, sorry for the essay.
im not talkin bout years ago man Im talkin about now...I been here since 99 so no need for the history lesson....

lets see the stats, lets see which forum has how many threads, replies, and posts...im pretty sure Open forum is up there with any other forum

yes the main reason people join the website is for the music and networking but you can't tell me no one has joined to site mainly for the open forum...

I see exactly what you sayin, this site is based on B.A.R.T and thats its bread and butter...but the open forum does help it maintain some of the members...

im not tryna argue with you or anyone else for that matter, i really dont care who gets banned or how this website keeps its fanbase...i was just throwing that open forum thing in there...

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

actually MONEY keeps this shit running and I'd love to see how many people from the Open Forum have actually purchased ANYTHING from here lol
doesnt the money come from advertisement? and isn't it more traffic = more advertising money?? againt, not lookin to argue, just wanna know where im wrong...

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
doesnt the money come from advertisement? and isn't it more traffic = more advertising money?? againt, not lookin to argue, just wanna know where im wrong...
You're right...To an extent. 90% of the threads in the open forum are made by the same handful of people tho so it's not that there are hundreds of users that make up the forum. And a small handful of THOSE are the ones that always seem to have a problem with how this site runs.

btw why did u make the same post under two different screen names? Just curious

May 16, 2004
I think what bothers people is the lack of consistency. What is ok for some members to do gets others banned. Tommyjames comes to mind. Those on the "inner circle" can run amuck, but if you cross them or one of their folks, your name turns up pink.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
The mods don't make this site what it is. It's the posters. Without us this site is nothing.
yeah the united states dont need a president or government to run it either. just let it be chaos!! the fuck outta here. hahahahahahahahahaahah with out you the site runs perfect with its 50,588 members. so all you have to do is bail out. its all good. we been here for 8-10 yeears, we wont miss your 148 or what ever posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.