Is Locksmith Purpously Trying to sound like Eminem on that new single?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2006
DUTCH-F.E said:
lock will chew any rapper in the bay period. hate on that for a minute. he is our best lyricist, hands down.

p.s.

lock changes how he raps a lot, which would be called changing styles for you internet haters/rappers.
u trippin just cuz he won that mtv shit and beat fab dont mean he could hold a candle to 40 or someone of that caliber. period.

also i agree with doc truth dude i thought the same shit he sounded lik eminem. on the other hand i think dude can spit. ill give him that.

Apr 18, 2007
you guys are comparing him to two artists that are pushing 8 digit UNITS, and are on alot of peoples top 3 best rappers of all time list...thats the biggest compliment you could possibly give him .....

May 5, 2005
mackglider1 said:
you guys are comparing him to two artists that are pushing 8 digit UNITS, and are on alot of peoples top 3 best rappers of all time list...thats the biggest compliment you could possibly give him .....
What? Because his voice and rhyme pattern is like Eminems? Guerilla Black tries to sound like Biggie but that nigga ain't even close. What you said makes ZERO sense.

May 19, 2006
Em is nice but he aint top 3 all time..Wayne is no where near top 3 all time, he dont sell much considering he on a major and got a buzz...LMAO at 50 callin Wayne a whore and a slut cause he jumps on anyone's record for money

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
I have to agree as usual with Doc, not . BUT at the same time Lock is a savage on the mic. He can change his style to suit whoever is listening. When I first heard what you want, and Lock was doing his "Twist" flow, my mouth dropped. I thought it was great. Singers/Rappers are limited to the type of cadence and rap style they can do. How many rappers have the "flow" of Too Short, barely any. Why? Cause you won't be successful in this industry if you try to come out with that type of style. If someone does, he's going to be called a biter. Black, Shyne, do sound like biggie but I after listening to Shyne's songs, you can tell the differences.

Jun 18, 2007
This is why I can't wait for their album to drop. When the topice of Frontline comes up it is about the music. Opinion are like ass holes bla,bla,bla...but atleast they use music as a way to get people to talk.

Apr 25, 2005
That song and verse is hella clean. I just think people expect Bay rappers to sound the same since everybody is spiitin the same shit, sounding the same. Lock's flow is different. and lyrical. People assume jus cuz he actully came lyrical he automaticallly is tryin to be like wayne or em.

Oct 7, 2005
I thought he was doin the Em thing jus cause of the opening line, but thats about it. His rhymes style was similar to the style that Weezy's on right now, but it was still Lock. I think he was lightweight mockin Weezy jus cause everybody think hes the God of Rap now, especially in the Bay. His verse was raw though.