IS BIGGIE REALLY THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
^^^exactly. There is no way there can be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

you can do top 10. Along with that you still have to pay homage to the legends like

Fab 5
Whodoni
Big Daddy Kane
LL
Rakim
Krs-one
Busybee or Kool Moe Dee

as far as from that generation i must admit, i did bump biggie more than 2pac but I can not put one higher than the other. They were both greats to me and i see them equal to nas and jay z, redman, EPMD, wu, bootcamp, etc

Mar 13, 2003
To answer "the greatest rapper".....It's a complicated subject matter (@ least for me) Cuz so many people in the game have been "great" in their own way, so it's hard to put a the title of "The" greatest rapper.....With that said Biggie is one of "the" greatest rappers to ever touch the mic, that is without question! This debate has been asked over and over, and nobody can provide an answer (or opinion) without it being challenged from somebody else.....So i think the question should be "who do you think is the greatest rapper" Everybody's answer will be challenged in one form or another but to give your opinion cannot be challenged because it's whom "you" feel is the greatest rapper in your eyes!

May 30, 2006
Seems as though I get into this GOAT debate more then I want or need to.

Alright now....Lets get something straight.....Fuck the media hype......There is no such thing as the greatest of alltime in not just rap but anything else.....There are different era's of this shit......U can't compare Run DMC of the mid 80's to Outkast of the late 90's just like u can't compare Ice Cube of the early 90's to The Game of now....Hell, u can't even compare Ice Cube of the early 90's to Ice Cube of now! Way different times and even different on how the music is made.

Biggie was possibly the best rapper in NY of his era......Nas and Method Man have reasons to dispute that though.

Now my greatest list goes by era's

1980-1984....Between Kool Moe D. and Melle Mell

1985-1989.....Rakim....Now KRS1 comes close but I gotta give it to Rakim....Cube and D.O.C. might of got the go on this one but didn't have enough material at this time.

1990-1994.....Scarface....I know Ice Cube was smashing at this time and I prolly wouldn't argue if someone chose him but I say Face all the way.

1995-1999....Brotha Lynch Hung....I know this is an eye popping selection and I gets alot of flack when I say this but during this time Lynch couldn't do shit wrong on the mic....He released two masterpeices during this time and his features were by far the most heated.

2000-2004....Tech N9ne.....That Anghellic album came out in 2001 but was actually maybe 8-10 years agead of its time....He followed it up with Absolute Power a year later.....Dude is a true definition of a beast.

2005-2009.....Tech N9ne....Lol....I know Weezy got all the fans but Tech got all the heat....I still don't hear anyone fucking with him on the mic

Now of course NY media is gonna blow Biggie up cuz they are bias....He was a great rapper for his time but I could throw about 10 names out there that could of easily gave him a run for his money when he ws living.

For the people wbo said Mac Dre.....Lay off the heroin.....MD isn't even the best rapper from Vallejo.....E-40 would of smashed MD lyrically, flow wise, concept wise, had more creativity, more original and just as much style and charisma.

Mar 28, 2006
Wow somebody finally mentioned Scarface!!! I am ashamed for forgetting to throw his name in the mix but Brad is definitely a Beast and worthy of discussion!!!

quote of the day
"YOU KNOW YOU DOING SOMETHING RIGHT WHEN THE HATERS START DOING THERE JOB!!! HI HATERS!!!!"

Download The New J Peezy Song V.I.P. Featuring Matt Blaque
http://www.box.net/shared/3tx06xf1g3 Dirty Version

Mar 12, 2006
2000-2004....Tech N9ne.....That Anghellic album came out in 2001 but was actually maybe 8-10 years agead of its time....He followed it up with Absolute Power a year later.....Dude is a true definition of a beast.

2005-2009.....Tech N9ne....Lol....I know Weezy got all the fans but Tech got all the heat....I still don't hear anyone fucking with him on the mic
co-sign to the fullest....

For the people wbo said Mac Dre.....Lay off the heroin.....MD isn't even the best rapper from Vallejo.....E-40 would of smashed MD lyrically, flow wise, concept wise, had more creativity, more original and just as much style and charisma.
i still like mac dre the best out of the bay because he made very enjoyable songs....... e-40 has whack flow alot of the time.. hes like just talkin fast, lackin rhythm

Feb 10, 2006

Wow...YOu really would like to suck Tech N9ne's dick...wouldn't ya!

Mar 28, 2006
Real Talk on Mac Dre kuz Mac Dre set it off back in the day. And did it big with out the radio. The only thing that pissed me off besides Dre gettin killed was the punk @$$ Radio wanna act like they the biggest Dre fans in the world. Give a man his props while he living. Do you gotta die to finally get your just do?

Me personally my Bay Favorite is 40 Water!! but i feel em all!

Download The New J Peezy Song V.I.P. Featuring Matt Blaque
http://www.box.net/shared/3tx06xf1g3 Dirty Version

Jan 18, 2006
Seems as though I get into this GOAT debate more then I want or need to.

Alright now....Lets get something straight.....Fuck the media hype......There is no such thing as the greatest of alltime in not just rap but anything else.....There are different era's of this shit......U can't compare Run DMC of the mid 80's to Outkast of the late 90's just like u can't compare Ice Cube of the early 90's to The Game of now....Hell, u can't even compare Ice Cube of the early 90's to Ice Cube of now! Way different times and even different on how the music is made.

Biggie was possibly the best rapper in NY of his era......Nas and Method Man have reasons to dispute that though.

Now my greatest list goes by era's

1980-1984....Between Kool Moe D. and Melle Mell

1985-1989.....Rakim....Now KRS1 comes close but I gotta give it to Rakim....Cube and D.O.C. might of got the go on this one but didn't have enough material at this time.

1990-1994.....Scarface....I know Ice Cube was smashing at this time and I prolly wouldn't argue if someone chose him but I say Face all the way.

1995-1999....Brotha Lynch Hung....I know this is an eye popping selection and I gets alot of flack when I say this but during this time Lynch couldn't do shit wrong on the mic....He released two masterpeices during this time and his features were by far the most heated.

Now of course NY media is gonna blow Biggie up cuz they are bias....He was a great rapper for his time but I could throw about 10 names out there that could of easily gave him a run for his money when he ws living.

completely agree about Mac Dre, 40 > Mac Dre all damn day. I would say Pac 1991-1995 had it then, Scarface was coo' but had the total package. Brotha Lynch had it 1995-1999. Yukmouth had it 1999-present but thats just me

May 30, 2006
Wow...YOu really would like to suck Tech N9ne's dick...wouldn't ya!
Homie ur gay jokes are unwanted and uneeded....If u can name a rapper in the last several years that could fade Tech on the mic then speak on it.....I could see if I was all on his nuts but my post showed no such thing....His spits are who I think are the rawest.....Now get yo little ass up outta here.

Aug 19, 2004
He probably would have if he would have lived to drop more albums, but magazines were already proclaiming him to be the king of NY after one album. Was the east coast hurting that bad to rush to crown someone so quickly?

I think he was probably one of the best lyricists out there, but not the greatest rapper.

May 15, 2003

ok...i get that you like lynch, but you DO realize that thats the time period where bone thugs n harmony beat the beatles sales record and won a grammy right? i mean, lynch is good, but i think your over-hyping it a little