IS BIGGIE REALLY THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
ok...i get that you like lynch, but you DO realize that thats the time period where bone thugs n harmony beat the beatles sales record and won a grammy right? i mean, lynch is good, but i think your over-hyping it a little
Lynch would chop Bone now and he REALLY would of chopped Bone back then homie....Fuck record sales....That has nothing to do with mic skills....Look at Vanilla Ice and Hammer....I guess they were the best emcees in the early 90's.

May 15, 2003
Lynch would chop Bone now and he REALLY would of chopped Bone back then homie....Fuck record sales....That has nothing to do with mic skills....Look at Vanilla Ice and Hammer....I guess they were the best emcees in the early 90's.
ok, well if your just talking about mic skills, thats also the time period spice 1 released 1990-sick, amerikkkas nightmare, and the black bossalini, 3 classic albums. mic skills is too tough to define as the greatest of a time period because its gonna be subjective as hell, you gotta have some kind of nation-wide relevence or impact, otherwise you saying lynch was the greatest during that time period is no different than people saying mac dre is the greatest of all time.

Jan 30, 2007
Biggie did drop 2 solid as fuck albums as far as production and mic skills IMO but his career was too short lived to qualify as the best that ever did it,theres just too many other dope underrated mc's that should take the same title if you wanna call Biggie the best imo....Big L shits on Biggie if u wanna talk lyrics and he didn't/doesnt get the respect he deserves but he wasnt poppin bottles with shiny suit man when he died.....DAMN THIS SHIT GOT ME DEPRESSED REMINISCIN AN SHIT ill shut the fuck up now....

May 15, 2003
Biggie did drop 2 solid as fuck albums as far as production and mic skills IMO but his career was too short lived to qualify as the best that ever did it,theres just too many other dope underrated mc's that should take the same title if you wanna call Biggie the best imo....Big L shits on Biggie if u wanna talk lyrics and he didn't/doesnt get the respect he deserves but he wasnt poppin bottles with shiny suit man when he died.....DAMN THIS SHIT GOT ME DEPRESSED REMINISCIN AN SHIT ill shut the fuck up now....
thats why its too hard to define the greatest of all time based on skills alone, theres always gonna be someone out there with equally as good lyrics or better, so you gotta think of what kind of impact they made, like: how they changed music, how they changed the world, how many people they influenced. major stuff like that. basing it on mic skills alone is too tough because even if biggy was the greatest, he'd give the greatest ever title to whoever influenced him the most

May 20, 2006
No......... ScarFace has been in the game since the late 80's. Never fallen off (caught case/commercialized), never got sidetracked (acting/change labels), stayed true to himself (deflect any/all criticism and just do good music). Pac was great, Big was great, LL was great, Rakim was great, Kool G Rap was great, E-40 is great, Cube is great. If I just had to cast my vote for G.O.A.T., ScarFace has mines.

Jun 10, 2002
I got into a discussion with my bro about Biggie being the greatest and I said he was good but he only dropped 2 cds so he was a long ways away from hitting the greatest mark now if he wouldnt have gotten killed all these other cats like 50 and Kanye and Jay Z wouldnt be shit right now cuz he would have blown them out of the water. but since hes dead we will never get the chance to really see how far Biggie could have went with his career.