Irish Holocaust?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2006
The Irish holocaust is used sometimes to describe the Potato Famine of 1845-52 when the population of Ireland dropped around 25%. Its called a Holocaust because the English, who controlled all of Ireland, could have EASILY saved millions of lives but they chose not to. The stood by and watched as people starved because they said it would have been to expensive for them to help. I went to the National Famine museum in Ireland when i was there in 2006. Very moving experience.

And Yes Irish were called White Niggers, and they were on the same level as blacks during that time in America.

Apr 25, 2002
Not only did the English stand by and watch. They actually confiscated and stole food supplies from inside Ireland and shipped it to their people even though there was already food there.

Nov 27, 2006
i have pictures from the Famine museum, including the listing of a member of my family who died, that ill post up, they on my other computer i just gotta find them. I did an essay on this topic my freshman year of college, theres a whole lot i didnt explain but if anyone is interested id be happy to expand on what i posted already. I have duel-citizenship so im not just some person who claims to be Irish but only has like 10% Irish blood.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I wish I would have known more about this... but I was never taught much about my heritage... all I know is I'm part Cherokee, and part Irish... and it seems both sides were treated poorly by the British...

Nov 27, 2006
the irish aint suffer what we went through bul
At what point did anyone compare what the Irish and African-Americans went through? All i said is that in the 1800's Irish were on the same level as blacks in America, and that is truth. You clearly have no idea of American or Irish history so need to read up on history

Apr 18, 2005
That still doesn't explain why they were called "nigger" and what word or words originated to fabricate the surname.
the term wasnt necessarily used for a particular race or ethnic group, it was just a derogatory term used to put people down ina negative way. Dont know what words originated the actual term though.

Nov 27, 2006
The n-word was basically the worst and most derogatory you could call someone so thats y it was used for the Irish. Irish people are Catholic and not Anglo (we're a Celtic race) so thats y the British and Americans hated them so much. We were different then the norm and we were seen as a threat to the WASP society that dominated America at the time. The Italians faced some of that to, but to a lessor extent.

Jan 9, 2009
LOL @ MICK SYMPATHY
irish lulzocaust, amirite or what

irish people = most racist people walkin the planet
irish people = always side with the cops
irish people = responsible for the plague and hepatitis
just kidding not rilly but cmon who likes irish people really?
only in march or at breakfast cuz i shole love your cerealzzz