I'm trying hard not to like Lil Wayne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
I like quite a few of his songs from this newer lil wayne era. He is far from the greatest rapper alive, but he be on consistent on making muzik, he be working with alot of people and he some how can make street muzik and radio hits.

Right now, he has the formula.

Sep 19, 2008
fuck that, Carter 1 is when the bullshit started, that mumbling ass flow he has and sounds so fucken retarded. I give respect to Luda, TI, and even Kanye even though i cant listen to any of there albums cuz they actually have talent, Lil Wayne however needs get off the meth or whatever fuck hes on cuz he sounds like a crackhead and gets respect for it which is just sad
lil wayne dont be mumblin his shit has actually got more clearer to understand how many times did u have to listen to juveniles bacc that ass up before u understood he was sayin wobbly wobbly drop it like its hot wat the fuck is a woblly wobbly most you cats discredit him because he just blew up out the middle of nowhere music is made for the people so if 1.5 million ppl decide hes good enough to go buy his album and not bootleg it then he must be doin somethin right

@ The Evil Genious Wayne is not trash

Jul 29, 2008
if the formula is "Make the gayest possible music and it will automatically sell", then he definitely has it
He did sell a million in a time where its hard for hip hop to achieve that status.

"I"m Me" is a dope song off his new album.

And it seems alot of people want to work with him and he is willing to give them help/shine (Game, Jay Rock, G Malone, Busta Rhymes, Big Wy)...

But if you just hate him kuz he kissed Baby, you are over looking his muzik... not saying its all the best, but he does have some good shit to bump.

but hey, we all have different tastes and opinions and sometimes we are bias as for reasons as well.
-----------------------

whatever the formula his, its working for him.

Sep 19, 2008
He did sell a million in a time where its hard for hip hop to achieve that status.

"I"m Me" is a dope song off his new album.

And it seems alot of people want to work with him and he is willing to give them help/shine (Game, Jay Rock, G Malone, Busta Rhymes, Big Wy)...

But if you just hate him kuz he kissed Baby, you are over looking his muzik... not saying its all the best, but he does have some good shit to bump.

but hey, we all have different tastes and opinions and sometimes we are bias as for reasons as well.
-----------------------

whatever the formula his, its working for him.
Well Put

Feb 8, 2003
...but this lil nigga is on some other shit. I just listened to Drought 3 again and whoever is writing for this cat is busting hard. His lyrics sound as if he is freestyling but I don't think he is.

You trying too hard for sure. just be honest with yourself bc you admitted tio being bias and a hater on waynes shit..

*side note*

Dont nobody write for him now theres been plenty videos of him making songs all he do is drink his syrup and uses his imagination he dont even write nothing its all off his mind.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i like lil wayne songs when theyre good

everything he does is not great

for every 'i feel like dying' theres prolly 10 songs i think suck dick

that might be because of his rapid recording and not taking out the subpar tracks that dont really work enough to be on a real album

back in the day dudes would be like 'i created 40 tracks and i chose 10 for the album' and now all 40 tracks are being heard..theres no more secrecy in the game like you can have your own songs and they never come out..people go through great lengths to take and leak music

Jun 25, 2008
...but this lil nigga is on some other shit. I just listened to Drought 3 again and whoever is writing for this cat is busting hard. His lyrics sound as if he is freestyling but I don't think he is.
na he last album sounded like a straight freestyle album
fuck lil wayne i think he sucks kissin sum nigga thats dirty.....

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
lil wayne grew on me, that's for sure. some songs sucks, some stay in rotation. fuck it, i can't go against progress anymore.

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
No, it's because I always thought he was over rated but seems to have stepped it up a bit. I've never been a follower and I don't have any friends.
lol @ "I don't have any friends."

If anything his "skills" and I say that very sarcastically, have decreased. He's "stepped it down" a bit. And now he's even more overrated than ever. He actually used to be worth listening to back in the Hot Boyz days.

Jan 28, 2007
I preferred Wayne in the Hot Boys era. Today, I listened to The Carter III, it seemed like the average album, nothing special. However, the beats were nice.

Jonah

Sicc OG
Nov 13, 2006
Mixed feelings on Wayne here. I want to know the truth on the ghostwriting..Does he Now write his own lyrics? Was there ever a ghost writer? I know Im probably late as hell, but he sounds wayy too different from his first cd to now. Especially with the punch lines and shit. Someone please Educate me, lol.