ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5? You feelin' it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2006
Eminem being the greatest of all time is a matter of opinion not fact and that would make an interesting thread. With that being said I'm not an eminem fan. I think he's a great rapper, I just can't get into him similar to hopsin.
I respect that reason for not liking the music, since they are similar and you aren't a fan of em then it makes sense you aren't a fan of hopsin. I didnt say he was THE best, i said he is one of the best. Many people will agree that he is ONE of the best, just like many people will agree pac and biggie are two of the best. my argument really is that, i don't understand the hate on hopsin solely because he's easily comparable to a great rapper... LOL. That doesn't make sense to me.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I think people just don't get into him because they don't get into eminem.
But even if they did like eminem and not hopsin, it makes sense too. I mean hey I like 2pac but I don't like the realest.
Hopsin is eminem influenced. He's not dead on sounding like him but u can see the similarities.

Jul 9, 2012
Hopsin is the future.. better than any mainstream rapper..
and shits all over the wack "swag" rappers....

Besides Yelawolf.. and a few others.. he's the only "new" rapper i"m feeling....
he proves the new school is not all wack shit..

some real skill... and REAL lyrics... this is fucking dope...
what you dont feel kendrick, ab-soul, big k.r.i.t, and chuuwee ect..? theres more than just him

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
calling people on their bullshit and saying "fuck everybody" are not the same. and comparing Dr. Dre beats to Hopsin beats doesnt make any sense. Hopsin has good multi's but his wordplay, metaphors and similes are pretty basic. Eminem has always been known for being extremely lyrical with crazy rhyme schemes. Maybe i just don't hear the comparison because their rhyming abilities are so far apart.
eminem raps more over his own beats than dre and hopsins production style is very much like eminem

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Anyone who says he sounds like Eminem has a valid point, but isn't seeing the whole picture. Eminem is his biggest influence, just like Redman and Masta Ace were Em's. No one completely comes up with a "style" on their own. Everyone is influenced by someone. I still like his music, and the message he conveys.

Jan 18, 2006
Did not know Em produced the Way I Am, i thought that song was dope till MTV played it a million times and that was the standout track when i first heard the MMLP

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
A producer doesn't always = beat maker. A producer is someone who contributed to the project, or oversaw and put together the track. An Executive Producer would be someone who oversaw an album, as a whole. That person would be in charge of molding the entire thing from start to finish.

Aug 17, 2011
calling people on their bullshit and saying "fuck everybody" are not the same. and comparing Dr. Dre beats to Hopsin beats doesnt make any sense. Hopsin has good multi's but his wordplay, metaphors and similes are pretty basic. Eminem has always been known for being extremely lyrical with crazy rhyme schemes. Maybe i just don't hear the comparison because their rhyming abilities are so far apart.

who do u think is more lyrical, hopsin or g-mo?

Oct 27, 2008
everything i've heard from hopsin has been corny thus far. thats what the whole black eminem thing is, its corny. i was surprised when he got placed on the Freshmen whatever list with all those other weirdos.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
This will be my only post in this thread seeing I'm not a fan of his music but Noz hit it pretty dead on about how I feel about Hopsin and the hype around him.

Off subject but kind of still on seeing it's related I really do like Dizzy Wright's (from Funk Volume) music quite a bit. I just hope there aren't too many Hopsin or Swizz features on his future stuff.

Anyways at the end of the good for Hopsin. That amount of youtube views is impressive for sure and will probably get him more exposure so maybe he won't have to whine about it so much in his music. Then again Tech N9ne is 100xs bigger and still does it so who knows.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
everytime i hear hopsin rap i think of this song.

[video=youtube;KSLZSQTADfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLZSQTADfU[/video]

The only similarity I'm really hearing is the east-coast inspired flow and the chorus structure. A lot of emcees from that time had the same flow, not just Eminem. It really started with Rakim, who brought multis to the forefront... but I understand how you would get that vibe from Hop.

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
he seems like a good dude his message is getting more and more positive id rather my son hear ill mind of hopsin 5 than the latest rick ross or lil wayne song ...