ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5? You feelin' it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I might catch hate for this post, but I've always liked this guys music. His video "Ill Mind of Hopsin 5" dropped yesterday on youtube, and got over a million views in less than 24 hours. Not only that, but it's on numerous hip-hop sites, and blogs right now getting positive reviews. I just like the song because he spits some real shit that a lot of people should hear. Check it out if you got a sec.

[video=youtube;hRVOOwFNp5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U[/video]

Dec 3, 2009
Hopsin is the future.. better than any mainstream rapper..
and shits all over the wack "swag" rappers....

Besides Yelawolf.. and a few others.. he's the only "new" rapper i"m feeling....
he proves the new school is not all wack shit..

some real skill... and REAL lyrics... this is fucking dope...

Jan 18, 2006
Hopsin is raw, havent listened to enough of his music though so im just basing this off his rap skills

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
black eminem gimmick? i don't see it...no blonde hair, no tattoos, he already got rid of the "fuck everybody" attitude, and his rhymes are no where near as complex as the old Eminem.

video got 2mill in 48 hours.
When did he ever get rid of the "fuck everybody" attitude of which you speak
this entire vid is him spending 5mins of talking shit to people, this beat, his lyrics, and his entire style is on some Eminem shit

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
When did he ever get rid of the "fuck everybody" attitude of which you speak
this entire vid is him spending 5mins of talking shit to people, this beat, his lyrics, and his entire style is on some Eminem shit
calling people on their bullshit and saying "fuck everybody" are not the same. and comparing Dr. Dre beats to Hopsin beats doesnt make any sense. Hopsin has good multi's but his wordplay, metaphors and similes are pretty basic. Eminem has always been known for being extremely lyrical with crazy rhyme schemes. Maybe i just don't hear the comparison because their rhyming abilities are so far apart.

May 1, 2009
I thought this was a tight song. Its tough to do something like this and not come off sounding totally preachy, but I think he did a good job of avoiding that for the most part.

I dont care if he has a bit of an eminem sound to him. out of all the people to draw influence from and maybe imitate, em isnt a bad choice and is far better than him becoming yet another person to imitate some southern trap music that everyone has jumped on.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
K, so he's not as good a rapper as em or as producer as Dre, his flow and delivery still imitates eminem, it's not a bad thing and hop admitted em his favorite rapper, so their was bound to be a resemblance anyways.

Log head rite tho, who better then to imitate then one of the best, if not the best.

Sep 16, 2006
So the reason people don't like hopsin is because he's similar to one of the greatest rappers of all time? ...LOL

Dude can spit, that's what i base my opinion on. I think he's dope.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
So the reason people don't like hopsin is because he's similar to one of the greatest rappers of all time? ...LOL

Dude can spit, that's what i base my opinion on. I think he's dope.
Eminem being the greatest of all time is a matter of opinion not fact and that would make an interesting thread. With that being said I'm not an eminem fan. I think he's a great rapper, I just can't get into him similar to hopsin.