if Pac had stayed in the bay would

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Nobody knows how his life would be now. but his plans was to retire music focus on acting, start a record label and a black owned film company and be a author. its been documented by his friends.
I am aware. It's the acting part that I was referring to - that has historically turned out to be the surest way to "sell out" even if you don't go into it with such intentions. I am not saying he would have, all I am saying is we can not be certain he would not have.

Apr 21, 2012
Pac would have taken Ice-T's role on Law & Order. Forreal tho, Pac was a good actor and considering the fame he had he probably would have ended up like Ice Cube and been in Disney Movies or making that Warner Bros. money.

Feb 8, 2003
I am aware. It's the acting part that I was referring to - that has historically turned out to be the surest way to "sell out" even if you don't go into it with such intentions. I am not saying he would have, all I am saying is we can not be certain he would not have.
i wasnt directing that comment at you. i was just saying in general.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Do you remember those Master P movies from like 13 or so years back? I think that Pac would have likely made movies like that but with more of a Hanna Montana twist, if you know what I mean.

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
I think the bay would be way bigger than it is now though. Pac was and is considered the greatest along with that other guy, and he always had the bay with him. As far as Ice Cube "selling out" I don't consider him being a sell out. Dude is a multi millionaire with family and kids. You think he wanna go hang out on the corner bangin to keep it real? I think Pac would be on that level probably a lot bigger. He was a helluvan actor. Look at Puffy. Or even Jay Z. That's where Pac would be.

Sep 25, 2008
It's hard to say, but I'm sure whatever he would've done whether it be acting, rapping, writing, etc. he would've been big. As of right now though, he's more remembered for the stuff he did with Death Row and being in LA.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I think the bay would be way bigger than it is now though. Pac was and is considered the greatest along with that other guy, and he always had the bay with him. As far as Ice Cube "selling out" I don't consider him being a sell out. Dude is a multi millionaire with family and kids. You think he wanna go hang out on the corner bangin to keep it real? I think Pac would be on that level probably a lot bigger. He was a helluvan actor. Look at Puffy. Or even Jay Z. That's where Pac would be.
When I said Ice Cube sold out, I did not mean the fact that he made a lot of money by starring in movies, but the kind of movies and TV shows he appeared in.

The applies to en even greater extent to Puffy and Jay-Z - they made hundreds of millions by effectively killing hip-hop (for those who don't remember their history that well, the bling did not enter hip-hop in the late 90s because of the south, Bad Boy played a bigger role in establishing it)

Props: Coach E. No
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I don't see being in Ice Cube type movies as "selling out". Doing the type of shit Ice Cube has done is called growing. If you want to be a well-respected artist, you must cross boundaries and show diversity. One can only record the same songs and play the same role so many times before the shit gets old.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
On topic...'Pac would have been bigger than rap music. The dude had too many ideas to stick to the same shit. You see how rappers NOW are sticking their fingers in all kinds of ventures? 2Pac was moving in that direction 17 years ago....before all these other cats had even thought about it. 'Pac was ahead of his time.

Feb 8, 2003

why all keep acting like Pac was from the bay he was from new York. it's obvious he was moving to a different direction during his death he was in the process of hooking back up with the east coast bc he was doing that one nation album. he didn't wanna really beef with biggie or the east coast you can tell he didn't suge forced him to do that shit. only reason he did it was bc the first suge he was a free man. I just don't consider him no west coast artist it was more of a east coast Nigga coming over to cali and taking that shit over and everybody jumped on his bandwagon.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
why all keep acting like Pac was from the bay he was from new York. it's obvious he was moving to a different direction during his death he was in the process of hooking back up with the east coast bc he was doing that one nation album. he didn't wanna really beef with biggie or the east coast you can tell he didn't suge forced him to do that shit. only reason he did it was bc the first suge he was a free man. I just don't consider him no west coast artist it was more of a east coast Nigga coming over to cali and taking that shit over and everybody jumped on his bandwagon.
He adamantly disagreed with the east coast/west coast thing. He said it was beef with him and a few east coast cats and repeatedly said he has nothing but love for the east coast, he's from NY. There's actually a dope interview from the MTV awards not long before he died talking about this.

Props: Darkshowdown
Feb 8, 2003
He adamantly disagreed with the east coast/west coast thing. He said it was beef with him and a few east coast cats and repeatedly said he has nothing but love for the east coast, he's from NY. There's actually a dope interview from the MTV awards not long before he died talking about this.

yep that's the night Nas and bravehearts confronted him in new York and they shook hands and squashed they beef.

Props: Coach E. No
Sep 16, 2011
I remember being 10 years old living on E-18th street and seeing the Oakland Tribune talking about "Oakland Rapper Tupac Sukur Filming a Movie by Lake Merritt" That's when they use to have the Festival by the Lake so when every I would see hella people hanging out by the lake I would take my little brother to go see if it was the movie being filmed. But it never was because I guess that shit was filmed at night.

Other then that Pac claimed Oakland for about a year then went to prison and got out claiming LA because of Suge Knight.

Aug 17, 2002
Other out of staters claiming cali...xhibit, kurupt, daz. I think these guys genuinly feel like their from cali and if the state had that much influence on them then it's all good. Then there's dudes like percy miller who just milked it for the wrong reasons.

Props: WT SAVAGE
Mar 24, 2004
D @Darkshowdown Pac got his game from Oakland he says it himself thats why he showed so much love to Oakland. "and we claim 2pac as a source of pride!"

Last edited:
Props: 5ive1en
May 4, 2002
Other out of staters claiming cali...xhibit, kurupt, daz. I think these guys genuinly feel like their from cali and if the state had that much influence on them then it's all good. Then there's dudes like percy miller who just milked it for the wrong reasons.
i was gonna say something similar but people would cry.

your quote also goes for local bay cats who wernt born and raised here, grew up in other cities and then claimed another city/hood.