if Pac had stayed in the bay would

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
People seem to be unable to realize how contingent history is when it comes to the fate of individuals (there are probably general patterns that are more robust to contingent events but that's on a very very grand scale). You can't just change one variable and think that only certain things will change after that

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2011
If Pac stayed in the bay and repped the bay he probably wouldn't have as many fans and wouldn't of gotten as big IMO.

And he would of not allowed the Hyphee movement to happen haha

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Good question!

I'm a major fan of the hiphop and most of all of the hiphop that 2pac made. However, I think if he were alive 1 of 2 things would of happened.

The first, and most likely, is that he would have quit rapping altogether and starting making movies with Hannah Montana.

The second, is that he would have created a group with ICP and become a juggalo.

I think those are the two most likely scenarios.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
One should always be careful when making statements about what someone would have done had he been alive. People change. If Ice Cubed had been killed around the same time, we would be having the same conversation because he would not have had time to sell out and people would be saying "He would have never gone Hollywood, see what strong political albums he made". But we know how that turned out

The truth is Pac was on a similar career trajectory - he was making militant socially conscious rap on his early albums, but then his Deathrow material was mostly hedonistic gangsta rap, and he was moving in the direction of becoming more of an actor than a rapper too. One never knows