if Pac had stayed in the bay would

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 17, 2011
Other out of staters claiming cali...xhibit, kurupt, daz. I think these guys genuinly feel like their from cali and if the state had that much influence on them then it's all good. Then there's dudes like percy miller who just milked it for the wrong reasons.

naah, daz is born and raised in cali..

DOC, Lady of Rage, Roscoe, Outlawz, Nate Dogg werent, tho

Apr 25, 2002
And although PAC wasn't born in the bay he grew up here.
id say he grew up in NY. spent a couple years in Baltimore, then Marin City, then got to Oakland when he was legal. Digital Underground is probably the reason he moved to Oakland. he didnt stay very long cus dude blew up rather fast with the music/movies.

he jocked Oakland tho. it made him what he was as a rapper/actor.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
naah, daz is born and raised in cali..

DOC, Lady of Rage, Roscoe, Outlawz, Nate Dogg werent, tho
That's an underappreciated part of hip-hop history, BTW - there has been so many people who were not born in the city that they ended up being famous for being from; and it was mostly transfer from the South to the coasts back in the days (now it seems to have flipped - Waka Flocka is from New York, etc.).

For some reason, Deathrow had the greatest concentration of such artists, but it was quite widespread - I was quite shocked when I learned years ago that DJ Premier was from Houston and not from New York, and the list goes on and on...

Apr 25, 2002
Marin city is the bay also and he went to high school there.
word player. he probably spent his senior year in Marin City, then to Oakland for a couple years, at the most. its a stretch to say he grew up in "the bay". he didnt grow up in Marin City or Oakland. he grew up in NY. Oakland just made him who he wanted to be cus it laced him with game. pimps, players, and hustler shit. on top of that, he was already Black Panther in his head. thats Oakland. thats what inspired Pac.

in my opionion, Tupac is from NY. 2Pac is from Oakland.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
He grew in to a man in the bay marin/oakland. He got signed he lived in the bay working with bay artists. had his first group from the bay. did'nt really rep any city but Oakland in his major albums. Yeah he did to live in die in la but thats all about it if you think about it. he just started reppin westside more than anything in the end. but he gives oakland major props especially in the beginning . im mean shit look at his big major deathrow records video debut: