I must admit, this forum is light weight entertaining!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 20, 2003
In all honesty I see alot of bullshit on this forum that my boy Woodie had for everyone to speak on his music and allow others to promote what they are doin.

So in an attempt to bring it back to the positive side of the music. What do you all exactly look for in a artist now a days? (New or old). Everybody has their 15 mins to shine and it's on to the next hot artist and so on and so on.... I know for a fact there is only a hand full of homeboy rappers that could actually sell records, so what do y'all think the game is missing? Always good to hear some input from the outside.

Like i said this is a attempt to bring it back to the music. But im sure it won't take long till this thread turns to shit! Haha...

Mar 22, 2007
I always enjoy listening to artist with Creativity, and Crazy Word play! Thats why i fuck with A-Wax. Boi is Nuttz right now!!!! I fuck with ur muzik, BUT no offense breh, this is constructive criticism, not hate: I sometimes get bored with ur muzik..... FROM THE STREETS OF CA is bangin dont get me wrong, But i would really luv to here you get emotional on the track, U noe, Get FUCKIN ANGRY BREH!!!! IDK......

Jan 29, 2005
Be as real as you can with yourself and others
Be as original as you can (create your own style)
Speak the truth from your heart
Be as cool as you can be
Speak on what's really goin on in the world....
Woodie started rappin about real issues towards the end of his life, which couldn't be denied..and on top of that, he was pushin that realness that only he knew about..along with his closest folks...i mean when i first heard "dont be afraid" in 99-2000 i was hooked cuz his sound was original as well as his lyrical delivery along with his team..Whatever Woodie did, it seemed he did it right no matter what his circumstance..and i only knew him through his music...Rest In Paradise.

We all got our issues, but I believe if one focuses on what one wants to achieve, and you have all the proper tools provided for you, there's no excuse to fail..considering this world is full of distractions!
Thanks for the post...
peace

Oct 20, 2003
I always enjoy listening to artist with Creativity, and Crazy Word play! Thats why i fuck with A-Wax. Boi is Nuttz right now!!!! I fuck with ur muzik, BUT no offense breh, this is constructive criticism, not hate: I sometimes get bored with ur muzik..... FROM THE STREETS OF CA is bangin dont get me wrong, But i would really luv to here you get emotional on the track, U noe, Get FUCKIN ANGRY BREH!!!! IDK......
Off top, I respect ur opinion homie....

Oct 20, 2003
@Shinnbone, that's real shit.... As a music fan, I feel everything has been said in a rap already as in ; where your from, shootin enemies, fuckin hoes, poppin bottles, ect. ect. What catches my ear when some one gets real personal and deep on their shit, makes it feel like I know you just through your music and could feel what you goin through. So I agree, Woodies music made me feel like that before I even met him.

May 31, 2006
props to Tone for postin in here.. i think people would stay on track of music threads if more ESTABLISHED artists posted here. not hatin on any up and comers, do ur thing. but we need some more known artists on here

Jan 11, 2011
I THINK THE NEXT GENERATION NEEDS TO STEP UP.. ALOT OF THE SHIT DROPPiN IS FROM OGz WHO BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR A MINUTE THAT NEED TO START PUTTIN THE YOUNGSTERZ ON DROPPIN ALBUMZ NOT THE SAME NAMEZ WHO BEEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT FOR THE PAST 10 YEARZ.. LIKE LIL CONER BIS OSO BIG TONE ETC.. KINDA LIKE HOW WOODIE BROUGHT OUT TONE N NOW HE A FACTOR N THE SHIT. WHEN SOMEONE IS PUT OUT UNDER A BIGGER NAME THEY GET MORE ATTENTION

Oct 3, 2006
I THINK THE NEXT GENERATION NEEDS TO STEP UP.. ALOT OF THE SHIT DROPPiN IS FROM OGz WHO BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR A MINUTE THAT NEED TO START PUTTIN THE YOUNGSTERZ ON DROPPIN ALBUMZ NOT THE SAME NAMEZ WHO BEEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT FOR THE PAST 10 YEARZ.. LIKE LIL CONER BIS OSO BIG TONE ETC.. KINDA LIKE HOW WOODIE BROUGHT OUT TONE N NOW HE A FACTOR N THE SHIT. WHEN SOMEONE IS PUT OUT UNDER A BIGGER NAME THEY GET MORE ATTENTION
I think Laced is comin up...

Nov 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Genuine good music is almost hard to find now a days due to the vast amount of wanna be rappers (no offense to anyone) which is why I think people resort to established names they know are good. How many up n comers swear theyre the best n when u go listen they're far from that.... I honestly grew tired of tryin to listen to all the new artist now a days cus the scene has been cluttered with unprofessional quality and the same ol shit. And it seems when good artist attempt to venture out of the normal 'Norte this Norte that' some homeboys don't give it a chance. Good music is good music whether we bangin in it or not.... I see no real reason to bang on tracks ALL the time. We out here banging for real regardless! Just my 2 cents.

Oct 20, 2003
Genuine good music is almost hard to find now a days due to the vast amount of wanna be rappers (no offense to anyone) which is why I think people resort to established names they know are good. How many up n comers swear theyre the best n when u go listen they're far from that.... I honestly grew tired of tryin to listen to all the new artist now a days cus the scene has been cluttered with unprofessional quality and the same ol shit. And it seems when good artist attempt to venture out of the normal 'Norte this Norte that' some homeboys don't give it a chance. Good music is good music whether we bangin in it or not.... I see no real reason to bang on tracks ALL the time. We out here banging for real regardless! Just my 2 cents.
REAL SPILL HOMIE.... YOU ON POINT WIT THAT.

Aug 20, 2003
GOOD POST TONE. MORENO AND I STARTED CRIMEWAVE ENT FOR UP AND COMING MC'S AND PRODUCER'S.EVILSIDE IS A WELL ESTABLISHED LABLE.EVILSIDE WILL STILL BE A FACTOR,BUT WE STARTED CRIMEWAVE TO SHOW CASE AND DEVELOP NEW AND UP IN COMEING TALLENT.THERE IS A YOUNG 15 YEAR OLD HOMIE IN SAC RIGHT NOW THAT CAN RAP AND PRODUCE AND IS SHITING ON ALOT OF FOOLS WITH CD'S OUT NOW.THATS THE KIND OF TALLENT IM LOOKING FOR AND AM WILLING TO INVEST IN.AS FOR ME IM STILL TRYING TO IMPROVE EVERYDAY ON MY END.WE AINT GOING NOWHERE....

Mar 14, 2008
I think dudes Should get over themselves and work together. Doesn't seem to be much unity between artists that are supposed to represent the same gang. More dudes need to network with each other instead of overcharging for a verse treating it like a business instead of a creative outlet.
I understand those who make music only for money. They need to understand their music isn't really music at all.

Dec 2, 2006
I look for substance and quite frankly 99.9% of artists lack this simple characteristic. Substance is simply keeping it real. Talk about relationship issues, economic issues, desires for your children, issues at your job, etc. The things everyday people can relate to. I look for an artist that thinks outside the box and doesn't let the music define them, but rather, defines the music.

Mar 17, 2010
what i think makes a good rappers is there skills to rhyme,being real,solid person inside n out,having their own style i do agree theres hella people trying to rap,Tone have you ever thought of finishing woodies northern expozures? he said one time he would go up to vol. 14 then stop,his northern expozures gave shine to new artists and not artists who have been heard over n over on other tracks..thats where i first heard of Big Tone off a Northern Expozure after that i went n got his cds n still have till this day i still got that Northern Expozure 6 woodie sent me still shrink wrapped up along with the packaging..just a thought cause theres hella talent out there just waiting to be heard..only one i think is coming close to any of the northern expozures right now are the Strangulation Albums!!

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
I think dudes Should get over themselves and work together. Doesn't seem to be much unity between artists that are supposed to represent the same gang. More dudes need to network with each other instead of overcharging for a verse treating it like a business instead of a creative outlet.
I understand those who make music only for money. They need to understand their music isn't really music at all.
of coarse not theres no unity. theres no unity in bay rap either. this is a business now its no longer hip hop where you create your art and express yourself through not only your music but also the time you put to craft and design the artwork for the cd. I believe people lost sight on what being an artist really is. yea I know ima get a lot of hate cause my name isn't big and im always promoting artists that I like and support but fuck it! im a promoter as well as a rapper I have no shame in admitting that. But what I look for when I go pick up a new album from my favorite artist whether it be Big Tone, Linkin Park, Berner, Immortal Technique or whoever I look to see the cd itself. Many people now just download for free instead of buy off itunes or get hard copies because people dont spend that much time on their craft. for example what I liked about Woodie's cds is that the artwork was always on point. he always gave you more bang for your buck when you bought his cds. it wasnt just oh ima just get a 2-panel of maybe 4-panel cause its cheaper and ill make my money back faster, He actually got multiple pannels and made a poster like booklet. Linkin park (I know its not homeboy rap but it proves my point) the took the time to create crazy grafiks for their first and second cd that came with a dvd and a multiple page booklet explaining every song. point is you gotta be willing to put the effort, time, and money into every project. in the end you'll feel more proud of your project when you put the effort into the project. not like bay rappers like messy marv and jacka that make an over abumdance of mixtapes and eps thatare quickly made just to make a quick sale because their names are big already and people who support them are going to pick up any project they put out reguardless. So just make quality music with great production, good lyrics that either have a good message, have crazy word play, talk about something deep or all of the above. Plus take time to craft out and design your cd cause image is everything and the delivery is just as important. just my 2 cents.

Aug 20, 2003
what i think makes a good rappers is there skills to rhyme,being real,solid person inside n out,having their own style i do agree theres hella people trying to rap,Tone have you ever thought of finishing woodies northern expozures? he said one time he would go up to vol. 14 then stop,his northern expozures gave shine to new artists and not artists who have been heard over n over on other tracks..thats where i first heard of Big Tone off a Northern Expozure after that i went n got his cds n still have till this day i still got that Northern Expozure 6 woodie sent me still shrink wrapped up along with the packaging..just a thought cause theres hella talent out there just waiting to be heard..only one i think is coming close to any of the northern expozures right now are the Strangulation Albums!!
I APPREICATE THE WORDS HOMIE,BUT THE NORTHERN EXPOZURE'S ARE THE TIGHTEST HOMEBOY COMPS TO ME BY FAR.IM JUST TRYING TO PUT OUT SOME MUSIC THAT THE HOMIES CAN FEEL.SO FAR SO GOOD....