I must admit, this forum is light weight entertaining!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2007
The way i see it There's alot of hate in the bizz,that i did not see before i remember growing up ,homeboy's would be on music with each other from different camp's and established homie's would always be putting out new artist's or at least shooting em a chance,biz is biz and it takes money to make money,but in order to really make homeboy music/hiphop profitable,is to build the Genre as a whole first,then start charging homies 500-1000 ect to do a track, a hundred bucks a verse may not be much to a homie who can do a show and collect a couple of g's a weekend,but to a spitter coming up ,still in the street's doin it live,100 buck's take's away a night in a momo,than you have homie's who allaround jus throw salt in the game,everyone want's to be a rapper,and not to boast but those who can't do it end up hating instead of supporting, ive had homie's go from inviting me to do track's than when it's all done and they come out on a lower point,they try and shun a homie away,just as well as folks who wouldn't fuck wit a homie,all of the sudden i got the town behind me hella tough,they wanna collab and talk about remember when's ..c'mon,so yeah i feel hate,and lack of unity in the rap game,keep's alot of homie's down,but in the end talent and emotion ,well written lyrics will always speak for itself..

Jan 24, 2003
www.myspace.com
I want to hear more homeboy rappers that can go bar 4 bar with anybody in rap period as far as wordplay, delivery, creativity, etc. Off top those that I can think of like that are Shadow, Mousie, Louie Loc, Big Tone, Tokztero, Casper Loc, Big Rhino, Never thats just off the top of my head but me as a fan of the music I'm lookin for artists to stop settling for the more simple wordplay and tryin to take it to that next level.

Jan 29, 2005
i gotta admit, i was sober when i posted my last response, so maybe it kinda sounded wack...but on the STRENGTHFFF.....I think if Big Tone had Shadow, B-dawg, Lil Dee and Nicole aside from what he has now and Kev Knocks (no pun intended)...They can keep the shit on LOCK....no joke....I first heard Big Tone on N.E. 5 with Good Life and Still Tickin,,,and i was "sold" on dat lol....Yay Area always got dat real talent that no one can fuck wit...I say dis from my heart....I still bump Still Tickin (Kev Knocks--BIG UPS) and Good Life....I bought merciless, root of all evil, and the other 2 i forgot the names (my bad) I'm ol keep on followin up on your work Big Tone..You gotta lot on your shoulders I'm sure, but I have no doubt you'll pull through....Cuz I got hella faith in Northern California like you would't believe..NORTHERN CALI LOVE ALL DAY ERRDAY!!!!! peeeeaaaaccce!!

Im into listening to an artist that sounds realistic. not one that sounds like there trying to make an image. i like the story telling songs. something that paints a picture. and I want to see more artist get in the crowd with the fans. I cant stand an artist that wont politic with fans. or an artist that gives off the im the shit vibe. lets get back to reality cause no one is living off there music.

Apr 24, 2011
if artists stopped throwing 12 songs together an calling it an album and now a days you dont really need a budget to put out n album has alot to do with it

Jun 20, 2007
WWW.HOMEBOYRAP.COM
all i can say is that mr kee verse on from the barrio with love is what made me a fan of homeboyrap. i had heard latin rap before on the radio and it seemed so distant and something to the effect of an unreachable dream. But when i heard him say "shout out to homeboys out in FMT slammin four double O Z's" , i damn near fuckin died. i still remember where i heard it and who i was with when i heard it. My reply was " you have to record this on tape for me homie". Ever since then, Homeboyrap was my life!

Apr 24, 2011
all i can say is that mr kee verse on from the barrio with love is what made me a fan of homeboyrap. i had heard latin rap before on the radio and it seemed so distant and something to the effect of an unreachable dream. But when i heard him say "shout out to homeboys out in FMT slammin four double O Z's" , i damn near fuckin died. i still remember where i heard it and who i was with when i heard it. My reply was " you have to record this on tape for me homie". Ever since then, Homeboyrap was my life!
pulling quotes out the crates haha the little things like that mean more to me then any record sales

Jan 11, 2011
EXACTLY IF SOME 1 BIG WOULD PUSH DONDRELL OUT HE WOULD BE 1 OF THA HARDEST OUT RITE NOW
SEEMZ LIKE PEOPLE DONT WANNA PUT OTHER FOOZ ON THO OR IF THEY DO THEY AINT REALLY DOIN SHIT BUT A FEW FEATUREZ.. SAME SHIT WIT HUSTLIN NIGGAZ WANNA GET PUT ON SO QUICK BUT WHEN IT COMEZ TO RETURN A FAVOR THEY AINT TRYNNA FRONT CHU SHIT