i got a D.U.I. I need help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 4, 2002
I just got a dui early thursday morning. this is my second offense in about 6 and half years. but my first offense wasnt realy a dui, i was just a teen with an excessive blood alcohol level that wasn't driving so they took my license away. but this is my first DRIVING under the influence. i got caught up on 880 by 98th ave exit in the town.

here's where i need your help. any of yall got stories to boost my morale of some people you know or stories of your own of people that actually beat their DUI case against the DMV to keep their license? and if so shoot me some lawyers information. preferably around the 510 or 415 area.

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
only way to bet dui is get a good lawyer but it aint cheap i have a friend with 2 and he had to do classes and shit sucks....but it was off his record...he dropped 3000.00$!!! seems the lawyer knew the judge figures the luck he has...but who knows.....
one reason i dont roll n drink so much... fuckin pigs!!!

Nov 4, 2002
@ DJ LOON

oops, i im'ed you and didnt notice you were from kansas, but if by any chance your folks was from the bay and this happened in the bay, let me get that lawyers info..

Nov 4, 2002
fuck that shit, i took that shit like a man back when i was 18, i paid pay $380.00-$441.00 for insurance every month for 3 years after i got my license reinstated before having it suspended for a year. fuck that shit. ill pay G's for a lawyer to beat that shit. if OJ simpson can fuck up and get away with it, so can I. i just dont got a jonny cochran on my side lol

Apr 12, 2003
welcome to the club.

2 in 10 years your basically fucked, naw but i don't think you'll loose your license for a year, since your over 21 (right).

i got 1 when iwas 18, and lost my shit for a whole year, 2003 sucked.

Jun 27, 2002
He WILL losehis license,no doubt about it,mandadtory in Cali...youmight be able to get one to get you from work and back...but thats it and thats only if they approve it...your looking at fines up the asshole, DUI classes, and a whole lotta more fines....

lucky ya dumb ass didnt kill someone..the fuck was you thinkin

Jun 27, 2002
just an example of the cost....

You’re a 25 year old out on a Friday night. You had a couple of beers too many and your blood alcohol level is a .08. You jump into your 1997 American made sedan and misjudge a turn. You over-steer and crash into a “no parking sign.” The local police department and fire department respond to the collision, but you’re not injured; only intoxicated. You’re arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Now get out your wallet for the penalties that will be imposed. Hopefully that $20.00 an hour job will be enough to pay for this first time drunk driving offense.

$ 700.00 - You are charged for “cost recovery” of the police and fire departments time and personnel services
$ 97.95 - Your vehicle is towed
$ 149.00 - You are booked into the local jail
$1,150.00 - You call your attorney –This fee will get you approximately 3 court appearances (non-trial)
$1,300.00 - Court fine for driving under the influence
$ 100.00 - Court assessment for victim/witness program
$ 320.00 - You will miss approx. 1 full day and 2 half-days of work for court appearances
$ 32.00 - You will need to obtain a vehicle release form from the police department to pick up towed car
$ 42.50 – Tow yard storage fee for your car -
Your current insurance policy is
$700.00 a year and your rates will be raised for three years, unless your insurance company decides not to renew your policy and drops you.
$ 500.00 - Your insurance collision deductible
$ 140.00 - Your insurance rates are raised 20% because you will lose your “good driver” status for 3 years
$1,000.00 - Insurance surcharge (each year for 3 years)
$ 622.00 - You will lose all your years of “driver experience” (each year for approximately 3-9 years)
$ 825.00 - A DMV hearing with your attorney to get your driver’s license back
$ 80.00 - You will miss a half-day of work for the DMV hearing
$ 100.00 - Payment to DMV for the administration per se (suspended driver’s license)
$ 12.00 - Payment to DMV for a duplicate copy of your driver’s license
$ 571.00 - Driving under the influence awareness classes
$ 55.00 - Administration fee for the Sheriff work alternative program (picking up garbage on the side of the road)
$ 16.00 - $8.00 per day for work alternative program (2 days)
$ 160.00 - You missed two half-days of work for work alternative program
$ 389.68 - 14 day rental of a compact economy car while your car is in the shop getting repaired

$8,362.13 - Grand total for your first drunk driving offense – Is it worth it?

Apr 25, 2002
Damn man, I'm glad you posted that musty...I drove home last night kinda swerved (had to drive with one eye open to keep the lines straight) and made it home safely. I know I've been HELLA fortunate in the past, but after seeing that? Shit, I'mma think about it REAL hard next time. It's NOT worth it. :(

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
illapino said:
fuck that shit, i took that shit like a man back when i was 18, i paid pay $380.00-$441.00 for insurance every month for 3 years after i got my license reinstated before having it suspended for a year.
im all 4 beating this crooked-ass justice sytem but
u sure didnt learn from ya previous mistake....
cuz ya right bac where u were @ 18......
only NOW its worse.......look @ the fines MUSTY threw up....
did u ever think u might kill yourself or sum1 else in the process???

Nov 6, 2004
just cuz a mutha fucka got a dui doesnt mean that they were in danger of killing themselves or somebody else. granted its a possibility but whats with folks giving dude the 3rd degree ? sounding like somebodies mom or sumthin.

epoxy

Sicc OG
Mar 14, 2003
backwood_burna_ said:
just cuz a mutha fucka got a dui doesnt mean that they were in danger of killing themselves or somebody else. granted its a possibility but whats with folks giving dude the 3rd degree ? sounding like somebodies mom or sumthin.
its a possibility
shit happens all the time. Its no love on my part.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
the main problem, public safety wise, is that the justice system uses these arbitrary cut-offs to determine safety. theres alot of cats out there that would be a hazrd at .04 and theres cats ou there that drink a fifth a night and coul safely drive on a .2. the issue for you dude is your a fool for puttin yourself in that kinda legal jeopardy for shit. why take a big risk ifd there aint no paper involved. untill i get paid for drunbk driving im not even considering it. and im a lush.

Nov 4, 2002
i wasnt swervin at all, the reason i got pulled over was that i had expired tags coz the some stupid dmv mix up with DPT. i wasn't even toe down drunk, i just had alcohol in my system. i took all the tests and passed except for the breathalizer test. i got about .12 bac. my car wasn't broke or nnuthin, the chp just drove it to costco in san leandro and left it there. but i know its my bad, but fuck it im fightin it. i lost my license before as an 18 year old for one year and i aint about to lose that shit again for that long, fuck that.

@nowetag

i wasnt perved to the point i that i couldnt drive. if i was i wouldnt have gotten behind the wheel. i was driving perfectly. but still it is my bad and for those who've lost their loved ones to drunk drivers my apologies.