Hue Jackson fired? WTF?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
How did Flynn look on that one game he started? Im guessing based on the amount of points Green Bay put up that he was solid.
I didn't watch any of that game, since that was week 17 and I was at the at the game in Oakland. His stats were great though. I think it would be premature to sign him as your future QB and give him a big contract. Although, if McKenzie signs him, I would feel much better, considering he is the guy who probably helped scout him to bring him into Green Bay and knows what kind of player he is

Dec 4, 2006
I was listening to some of it at work on 95.7. I watched part of it so far. I'm watching the whole thing online right now.

On 95.7 they were talking about McKenzie trading Palmer for some draft picks and maybe bringing in Matt Flynn. I dunno if that will happen or not. Palmer underachieved for sure, but I think he deserves a shot to have a whole offseason and training camp with the WRs, then we'll see how he does. if he still throws more ints than TDs... well then we know he's not the guy
I don't see any team giving up draft picks for Palmer..but another thing that would be good is keep him as a backup QB for ever they bring in for the long term until Palmers contract is up ..

Can Flynn fit the Raiders salary cap? wouldn't that be a problem? I don't know enough about the Raiders salary cap..

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I don't see any team giving up draft picks for Palmer..but another thing that would be good is keep him as a backup QB for ever they bring in for the long term until Palmers contract is up ..

Can Flynn fit the Raiders salary cap? wouldn't that be a problem? I don't know enough about the Raiders salary cap..
I know for sure we won't get what we gave up for him, but they could probably get a 3rd or maybe a 2nd round pick for Palmer. The Raiders are always projected to be over the cap, but they always end up under the cap... I know that much

Feb 12, 2004
It would seem like McKenzie, being what look's like a smart gm, will want to change that whole cap situation entirely so the Raiders won't have to go through that whole fiasco every season. Those days should be left in the past.

Jan 18, 2006
you cant knock Palmers performance this season totally considering the Raiders did not have much of a running game when he became the qb and we were missing a few receivers a bunch of games. He had 417 yards in the last week when all of our receivers were healthy and that was without a running game. To me damn near the most important thing on offense is to get a solid backup for Mcfadden.

Apr 25, 2002
Why do I have a feeling that once the lease of oco is up and LA starts building the new stadium that mark davis will move the team back to LA....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
you cant knock Palmers performance this season totally considering the Raiders did not have much of a running game when he became the qb and we were missing a few receivers a bunch of games. He had 417 yards in the last week when all of our receivers were healthy and that was without a running game. To me damn near the most important thing on offense is to get a solid backup for Mcfadden.
Bush is a solid backup for McFadden, he's just not a great starting RB

what we need is a solid starting RB who can stay healthy at least 10 + games

Jun 23, 2005
yeah thats for sure but just get it over with. it would be dope if we do bring in winston moss, to have perry take over the D. i think they both interviewed for the HC job last year for us. They were hella trying to get RM to go into details but he wouldnt. but it looks like 3-4 and west coast offense is what he know, and what he likes.

a simple step in the right direction, mckenzie wants to start from scratch. next on the chopping block i assume would be the chuck bresnahan, that defense was garbage many cb's out there didn't even display correct fundamentals out on the field as i saw them many times trying to tackle high, one too many plays where they over committed. hue had no control over this squad as they set an nfl record for the most penalties in a season, he certainly lacked leadership and discipline. the last game against the chargers he showed his weakness as raiders were down 10 and if i'm not mistaken it was 4th and 4ish in the 4th quarter and he decided to punt, when i'm thinking cmon now, when you know your defense can't hold for shhitt. you should not second guess in that scenario especially when your season is on the line, he definitely should of took some chances in that game.

if mckenzie wants to get real serious he should go after bill cowher, i could see him turning this franchise upside down, cowher we all know won't put up with bullshit. he's a proven coach who knows how to get the job done, he'll get the best out of every one of his players. i can see him also bringing in that mentality to draft and make good players, like we've seen pittsburgh doing it year after year. it's all about making your own players, not buying them as we've seen al davis in the recent past years buying high profiled names such as randy moss, culpepper, romanowski, gibril wilson to name a few who didn't live up to their hype.