how did xraided record xorcist?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2007
i know he did it over the phone no shit, but how did he make a whole album did he call someone and hear the beats first or what the fuck..did niggaz just record his raps over the phone and did they own thang wit em or what?u aint even allowed that much phone time in the pen anyways..

Nov 26, 2006
who the fuck knows.. i think only he knows.. i heard he got caught with a recording device a few years back.. google his name and read that sh!t is intersting

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
where did i hear that he heard the beat over the phone an jus ripped it like that......check the madman forum....search i think it said there

an THATS producin....to make a beat AROUND the words....i mean damn, i dont know shit bout producin but dre's shit was clean

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
yea as far as I remember... somebody was beat boxin on a couple of the tracks.. X used the tempo from that on a couple songs. If you listen closely... you can hear some beatboxin on 25 to life....

Nov 9, 2003
He recorded Unforgiven or Vengeance is Mine in prison on a dat recorder that a guard snuck into him.. I remember when it got released it was even on kovr 13 news and the guard got into trouble I think

May 11, 2002
Yeah, I remeber the guard doing it for free also because he was a fan. I remember Ced Sing talking about it in a Murder Dog interview.

Aug 7, 2003
he keeps a hand clap count of the beat, you can hear hands clappin every couple of seconds to keep him on pace. its a lot more noticeable on the nefarious cd to my memory.

and all the producer has to do is make a beat to the hand clap timing and the voice should fit fine over the beat.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^^^from what I heard he did do just that. He rapped and kept the same time the entire time and then they had a machine or computer match his vocals to the beat. Which is why you will hear alot of his beats changing tones and tempo throughout the song.

Dec 21, 2005
xraidedloc831 said:
^^^^from what I heard he did do just that. He rapped and kept the same time the entire time and then they had a machine or computer match his vocals to the beat. Which is why you will hear alot of his beats changing tones and tempo throughout the song.
now dats some futuristic shit right there and it was hella old too, did mac dre nem do the same shit

Jun 17, 2006
www.myspace.com
X-Raided's next album Unforgiven Vol. 1 came in 1999, and was recorded while in prison. It was a real struggle to finish because he had to do the recordings without the prison guards knowing about it. He says the lyrics mirror his state of mind at the time which was very sneaky and excited. In actuality it was a guard who helped X-Raided access the equipment necessary to record the album, and even his cell mate "Dott Dogg" made an appearance on the album. While Xorcist was recorded over the phone, the clarity of the recordings that went into the Unforgiven album suggest that it was made using more sophisticated equipment.