headphone reccomendations?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
i need to buy some new headphones, but since most stores don't let you actually test them out beforehand, i was wondering if anybody could recommend a pair...preferably some in-ear earbuds

i most recently had a pair of skull candy earbuds, which i stepped on and broke, but i wasn't too impressed with the sound quality. i'm thinking around $75 max, preferably a little cheaper, but i want them to be good too. right on folks.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Skullcandy Smoking buds are the best cheap headphones ($25) I've owned

Good sound and the chord is covered in braided nylon so it's pretty durable and doesn't tangle as easily.

Plus you can get them with a mic.

Jun 2, 2002
what did you get 3x?
I got some Sennheiser cx300-ii's http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Sennheiser-CX-300-II/

they're pretty legit...they sound very nice. good clean bass without distorting the highs. i'm happy with the purchase.

@mark7, i was hella tempted to get the beats by dre earbuds, but i just couldn't justify spending that kind of money. i'm very interested to hear what they sound like though, they don't let you test out any headphones these days...not the in-ear ones at least.

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Thinksound TS-01 aka Thunder...

...the wood helps with the resonance of the sound!!

Normally 85 or sumthin, but can be copped for 45 shipped off Amazon

Aug 24, 2003
Skullcandy Smoking buds are the best cheap headphones ($25) I've owned

Good sound and the chord is covered in braided nylon so it's pretty durable and doesn't tangle as easily.

Plus you can get them with a mic.
thanks for the info, i bought some smokin buds with a mic built in, didnt even notice it had the mic on it. i was impressed plugging them in to this work computer and listening to some youtube music, you fit the rubber ear bud nice and snug and create a seal in your ear and the bass is booming. pretty good for some relatively cheap headphones. i had some 60$ panasonic ones a long time ago that didnt sound as good as these