headphone reccomendations?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I got some Sennheiser cx300-ii's http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Sennheiser-CX-300-II/

they're pretty legit...they sound very nice. good clean bass without distorting the highs. i'm happy with the purchase.

@mark7, i was hella tempted to get the beats by dre earbuds, but i just couldn't justify spending that kind of money. i'm very interested to hear what they sound like though, they don't let you test out any headphones these days...not the in-ear ones at least.

I have a pair of CX300s and I love em! Bought my wife a pair as well. I have heard the beats by dre studios and ya they sound very nice but the CX300s are good for me. I also have had a pair of Skully Candies and I hated em and the over the head part broke within a month. I also like the V-Moda Bass Freq earbuds but there not as nice as the CX300s in crisp clear sound.

Jun 2, 2002
to you cats that got the beats by dre headphones on ebay for less than $60, i hate to say it, but they're probably fake. i looked at buying some off there...i read up on it, and pretty much all of the ones that are less than $100 are fake. there's ways to tell by looking at the box they came in. hope i'm wrong, but if not, maybe you can get your cash back...

Aug 24, 2003
just going to add some more info about the Skull Candy SmokinBuds ear buds i got, now that i've had them a little bit

I have a lot of trouble with the left ear bud not wanting to fit snug in my ear. when both buds are snug thats when you get that real nice boomy sounding bass and clean sound. I think its because there is a microphone on the left side just a couple of inches below the bud that adds extra weight to that side and slightly pulls down is the reason it keeps coming loose

if you could get these same ear buds without the microphone on that side id definitely do it. i think id have no troubles if that mic wasnt there

Dec 9, 2005
to you cats that got the beats by dre headphones on ebay for less than $60, i hate to say it, but they're probably fake. i looked at buying some off there...i read up on it, and pretty much all of the ones that are less than $100 are fake. there's ways to tell by looking at the box they came in. hope i'm wrong, but if not, maybe you can get your cash back...

Yeah, I've seen those. I got mine refurbished through a Friends and Family deal directly through Monster.

Jan 9, 2009
Sennheiser and Sony seem like they are still the go to brands for DJs
im bout to get a pair of quality headphones after tax season.

iono bout all these new brands
celebs gettin headphone deals like perfumes and alcohol
.. are they worth the hype?

Dec 9, 2005
^ No. I mean, don't get me wrong...the Beats by Dre DJ headphones are dope...but like I said my Sennheiser's blow them out of the water at 1/3 of the price.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
just going to add some more info about the Skull Candy SmokinBuds ear buds i got, now that i've had them a little bit

I have a lot of trouble with the left ear bud not wanting to fit snug in my ear. when both buds are snug thats when you get that real nice boomy sounding bass and clean sound. I think its because there is a microphone on the left side just a couple of inches below the bud that adds extra weight to that side and slightly pulls down is the reason it keeps coming loose

if you could get these same ear buds without the microphone on that side id definitely do it. i think id have no troubles if that mic wasnt there

You tried using a larger size rubber tip?

(no marty)

Aug 24, 2003
You tried using a larger size rubber tip?

(no marty)
yeah using the biggest ones. they fit perfect but the left bud wants to come loose whenever i move around though, i suspect its that mic. i have no troubles if im stationary and listening to them, only when i turn my head and look around, it pulls down kind of on the left one. it still sounds "good", but i keep having to adjust it so its snug and perfect sounding with that boominess to the bass

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
i got a pair of the Klipsch Image S4 earbuds for Christmas....been really happy with them so far (they go for around 80 bucks). I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who listens to more than just hip-hop/rap. They don't have a ton of bass, but enough for me...they sound a lot better than the $30 yamahas I bought a few months ago

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
i got a pair of the Klipsch Image S4 earbuds for Christmas....been really happy with them so far (they go for around 80 bucks). I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who listens to more than just hip-hop/rap. They don't have a ton of bass, but enough for me...they sound a lot better than the $30 yamahas I bought a few months ago

I want a pair of those! Been reading up on them and everything I hear is positive. The Sennheisers are nice and my boy works at bestbuy an he bought a pair of the studio beat by dre through some direct buyer program they offer, he got em for like $130 direct and they sound very nice but I think they are overhyped and sennheisers can blow em out the water.

Mar 30, 2011
bought these 5 days ago military price. 199.99 with a penny back no tax.

got em a week after my bro got the bose earbuds (sucks balls). got em for the sale not worth the original asking price from their release. bass shakes the whole over ear - earphones. drums and snares tickle your ear drums no bullshit.

my bad..these tha studios.