headphone reccomendations?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
I've had mine for a couple years with no problems. But I listen to them only at home, so I'm not sure how they would hold up traveling around in a bag or anything.

May 15, 2002
haha that's why I was reluctant to mention them. I mostly listen to non-rap genres these days so you've got to take my opinion with a grain of salt. The problem though, is that often speakers/headphones that go for heavy bass sacrifice the high end and you end up with a muffled/unbalanced sound.

Apr 26, 2006
i need ones that handle BASS

anyone got those beats by dre?
I have a pair of AKG K240 MKII. They handle bass well enough IMHO, I fucking love them. However, I wouldn't consider them to be the type of headphone that makes it feel like you got a sub bass system in your ears. Might want to go with a "closed" design. Something like the Sennheiser HD-280 or Audio Technica M50. These AKG's that I have are a "Semi-Open" design, more suitable for mixing and comfort. I can wear these things for hours listening to music or making beats and they don't hurt my ears, light as fuck and sound good as fuck.

I don't know anything about those Dr. Dre Beats, but honestly, I probably wouldn't consider buying them. I'd rather go straight to a professional audio company. Monster is known for making cables.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I want something with comfort as well though

the AKG K240 MKII do you plug em straight into decks or do you use an amp?

Feb 14, 2004
I have a pair of AKG K240 MKII. They handle bass well enough IMHO, I fucking love them. However, I wouldn't consider them to be the type of headphone that makes it feel like you got a sub bass system in your ears. Might want to go with a "closed" design. Something like the Sennheiser HD-280 or Audio Technica M50. These AKG's that I have are a "Semi-Open" design, more suitable for mixing and comfort. I can wear these things for hours listening to music or making beats and they don't hurt my ears, light as fuck and sound good as fuck.

I don't know anything about those Dr. Dre Beats, but honestly, I probably wouldn't consider buying them. I'd rather go straight to a professional audio company. Monster is known for making cables.
This is some good info. I'll have to look into Sennheiser HD-280, and Audio Technica M50.

Apr 26, 2006
I want something with comfort as well though

the AKG K240 MKII do you plug em straight into decks or do you use an amp?
I just plug them straight in, no amp needed. They sound very good, but of course with every professional headphone, you need to break them in and they'll sound better and better.

These are highly comfortable. Light as hell and the ear pads don't hurt your ears or squeeze you. They also come with an extra pair of velvet ear pads and extra coiled cable.

Like I've said though, the design of these headphones are "Semi-Open" so they are better suited for mixing. The sound bleeds out a bit, so if your playing them loud and your environment is quite, the sound can be heard a bit. But this is why their great for mixing because the sound bleeds out and one ear can hear what the other ear is hearing slightly and that gives you a better perception of the stereo sound field, similar to listening to studio monitors. Of course it's better to mix with actual studio monitors though, but headphones that are of Open design are the next best option, especially late at night when you don't want to be bumping. These are not suitable for DJing, get "closed" design for that.

Apr 26, 2006
I had some sennheisers before, they were good but i stepped on em and broke em
I had the HD280 Pro's for a bit, but returned them. They squeezed the hell out of my head and my head is not even big. It felt like a plunger sucking my ear drums out. I also felt the bass was a bit too much for my pleasure. That's just the way they are though. Some people like that, should be great for DJ-ing tho. You can literally put them on and go jack hammering or shooting range. haha Good cans nonetheless, but not for me personally.

Dec 4, 2004
To all of those who own the in ear Beats by Dre, which ones do you have? There are iBeats and Tours...the iBeats have a triangular mic/remote....I bought those....did a foursquare check in deal for 20% off at RadioShack. I like em alot, the bass is very good, but I do agree that you always have to keep adjusting them. I'm curious as the why the tours cost like $50 more....

The iBeats:

Tour:

Mar 30, 2011
since i have the beats by dre studios.

i recommended the sennheiser brand to my bro from what yall said. my bro returned some weak ass bose over ear headphones that went for over $160 got the "280 editions" from guitar center.

just heard them. the sound is clean up there with the beats by dre but not as strong in the bass department. i don't think many can get that sound right now.

but i would advise anybody to go with them for the price 90 sumthin dollars with a 20 dollar discount if you spend over a hundred. came out to 100.17. with accidental warranty on top of the two year from the manufacturer. (long ass post)

good for the price. the worker at the guitar center said the only thing stronger then those in the store was the akg's.