Has Yuk fallen off?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
No hate at all. I got that City of dope mixtape and I gotta say I'm not that impressed. The "exclusive" songs from MDMP seem recycled and boring to me. He's not comin wit that same heat he used to. Also the beats are trash. I really hope MDMP lives up to the expectations its got surrounding it.....

Mar 6, 2005
killa kali said:
No hate at all. I got that City of dope mixtape and I gotta say I'm not that impressed. The "exclusive" songs from MDMP seem recycled and boring to me. He's not comin wit that same heat he used to. Also the beats are trash. I really hope MDMP lives up to the expectations its got surrounding it.....
Their called "Mixtapes" so your gonna get low budget beats or beats from other artist. Very rarely an artist puts out their best material or their best verses and lines on mixtapes and saves it for the album. So to answer your question, NO! Yuk hasnt lost his flow, hes just being held back by Rap-A-Lot from fulfilling his full potential.

Feb 23, 2006
so who was feelin some tracks n there?

was 'miilion dollar man' a recycled track...that shyt knocks!

'cola lean was a good one

'im doin my thang was good

and so was bloody mary

May 5, 2002
UPSTATE NICCA said:
Very rarely an artist puts out their best material or their best verses and lines on mixtapes and saves it for the album.
*i agree with what u said!!!!!!!!!!!! 100,000,000,000,000,000,000%!!!

so whats in it for the fan to buy a mixtape? ABSOLUTELY NONE!
and secondly to excuse an artist for sub par material because its simply on something labled a "mixtape" is bull if u ask me.
Because we know Yuk has put out quality shit over the years should he be excused for not comin with it all the time? if it were an up-n-coming artist putting out bo-bo mixtapes he would kill his own buzz and seal his own casket. Secondly IMO no self-respecting musician would even let weak shit get released if they cared about their trade and or fans. These mf's worse than Cash Money n shit cuz they just take ur scrill, flaunt it in ur face and give u shit u cant even gig to, or giged to, 2 old beats or 2 old mixtapes ago.

*gettin this off my chest*
Im glad that around the time of the Mob Figaz n Fully Loaded comin out that the bay caught a fresh breath of new talent. Because around 98/99/2000 the bay OG's were puttin out some very questionable quality music over n over again. I damn near stopped fkn with most of the 'big-names' around that time. And when the newer cats came out n brought a new level to the scene it made these older complacent cats get back on the ball and realize its business out there! anyhow ill kill this lil rant right here.

A true champion practices the way he plays and vice versa. If u had it in u to always put out heat why wouldnt u always do it? it might be a sign of an artist on the downslide.

but to answer the question, has yuk fallen off?
if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, sounds like a duck then ugghhhh... but im hopin he's just bein lazy *stayin optimistic*

Dec 16, 2006
Hell NAw he ain't fell off. Yuk one of the few Bay rappers that still put out heat on a consistent basis. All his songs may not slap but they neva garbage like some of the niggaz who been puttin out shit lately

Feb 11, 2006
Got his mixtape in the mail yesterday and I like it. I agree beats ain't as raw as they were on past "official releases" such as UGA and Godzilla but Yuk flows great on most of the cuts. The song "Im doin my thang" goes hard and I like "Born Hustla" too. He still has great punchlines. Only thing annoying is that he's talking about drugs too much but what else can we expect with a CD called "City of Dope"? Yuk ain't fell off.

Apr 24, 2006
UPSTATE NICCA said:
Blame that on Rap-A-Lot, not Yuk.
UPSTATE NICCA said:
hes just being held back by Rap-A-Lot from fulfilling his full potential.
i always see these artists complain about the "LABEL" being the one that's at fault. I agree somewhat, but when the situation has gone on for years, an artist needs to submit the album, fulfill the contract, and do it movin. That's what is funny about this whole thing, nobody knows, except for the people that have seen Yuk's contract with Rap A Lot, what his contract stipulations are...and again, the contract has been signed by both parties in AGREEMENT! If he's getting himself a bullshit deal, he has nobobdy to blame but himself and his lawyers.

and just for the record, i think the last thing that i liked that i heard Yuk spit on was that Pass the Mic....i just hope he puts out an album before there isn't any more anticipation or buzz around him because he is definately one of the most talented rappers to come out the bay...his window is closing.

Apr 12, 2004
nastyfresh21 said:
i always see these artists complain about the "LABEL" being the one that's at fault. I agree somewhat, but when the situation has gone on for years, an artist needs to submit the album, fulfill the contract, and do it movin. That's what is funny about this whole thing, nobody knows, except for the people that have seen Yuk's contract with Rap A Lot, what his contract stipulations are...and again, the contract has been signed by both parties in AGREEMENT! If he's getting himself a bullshit deal, he has nobobdy to blame but himself and his lawyers.

and just for the record, i think the last thing that i liked that i heard Yuk spit on was that Pass the Mic....i just hope he puts out an album before there isn't any more anticipation or buzz around him because he is definately one of the most talented rappers to come out the bay...his window is closing.
A FUCKEN MAN ON THAT ONE BRO, YUK HAS BEEN BLAMIN THE LABEL FOR YEARS BUT DROPPIN HALF ASS MIXTAPES DONT GET ME WRONG I GOT ALL THE MIXTAPES BUT THEY ARE NOT CD'S THAT STAY IN MY DECK FOR LONG DUE TO THE BEATS AND QUALITY OF THE MIXTAPES, HE STILL COULD PUT OUT A MIXTAPE WIT ALL EXCLUSIVSE TRACKS ALL BRAND NEW BEATS JUST TO KEEP THE FANS EARS REALLY OPEN, U NOTICED NOBODY'S EVEN TALKIN BOUT THIS MIXTAPE ANYMORE WHICH IS SAD CUZ IT DIDNT STAND OUT LIKE IT SHOULD BUT HEY WHATEVER.

Feb 14, 2006
nastyfresh21 said:

I agree with this part. The only good verse i've heard from yuk in the past year is pass the mic. Thats one of the main reasons why I say he's fallin off. I really hope MDMP is gonna be fire like his other albums but iono

Aug 20, 2005
to me the last real heat yuk spit was on UGA pt. 1. thats imo tho. he had a couple hot songs on the mixtapes after that, but i duno whats goin on.

Jan 4, 2006
damn i hella like "ya boy is back" and like 5 other tracks but the rest isnt anything new or impressive, but its a mixtape so i expected that. im pissed that the other 3 mdmp exclusives on that mixtape are making the album, im not feeling any of them.