Grand Theft Auto 5

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
It's official anyone copping gta 5 thought the psn will be able to download/ pre load the game @ 12 on Monday, lol ill be playin at 12:01 while muthafuccas be in that line on Tuesday :siccness:

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
It's official anyone copping gta 5 thought the psn will be able to download/ pre load the game @ 12 on Monday, lol ill be playin at 12:01 while muthafuccas be in that line on Tuesday :siccness:
Everyone knows PS3 downloads are slow as fuck, add that with the weight of everyone trying to download at once you'll still be waiting to play by 4am

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Yea it's kinda slow but being able to download 24 hrs before release, it'll be good to play at 12am while ppl at the stores

Glad they doin the pre downloads
gamers who paid £50 to pre-order Grand Theft Auto V via the PlayStation Network have been told that pre-downloads will not begin until Monday.

Rather than walk into a shop on Tuesday, or hope that the post arrives on time, many PlayStation 3 owners elected to pay full price for the game in order to guarantee they’d get it on day one.

They were told they’d be able to start pre-installing the game today, but now Sony has confirmed that the process won’t begin until Monday – which may not give those with slower broadband connections enough time to download the massive 17GB file.

And even those with faster connections are likely to run into the problem of so many other people suddenly putting a burden on the network.

Pre-installing is a common practise for larger PC games, which allow you to download a large section of the game before it’s released. The idea is that the download is useless on its own, but last month hackers were able to derive a full list of the licensed music tracks and details of the game’s plot due to Sony’s lax security.

Sony were forced to apologise and it’s hard not to imagine that the mistake isn’t behind this new delay.

‘I can confirm that GTA V will be available to pre-download on Monday the 16th September,’ said a Sony spokesman on their official forum.

As you can imagine many fans have not taken the news well, with the following a snippet from those on the forum:

‘Thanks for TAKING as for FOOLS!!! You said on the 13th WE WANT IT ON THE 13TH. Most of us preordered from PSN because we could preload it on the 13th’, said member Ceois. ‘I didn’t top up my account with 50pounds just so you can SCAM ME! I want my money BACK!’

‘Same. First time pre-ordering digitally and the last time. What a [DELETED] shambles Sony. No point in asking for the £50 back from my wallet I guess. Thats the part of the deal you will hold up – no refunds,’ added vertigo9219.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
I knwo MTT said something like 175 at his store, the dude that I talked to today when I paid my last $50 on it said they have 600 PRE ORDERS!!!!!!!!!! I'mma have to be there hella early. I'll make sure to have my Gpen full of bomb ass BHO and a half pint in my pocket LMAO.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Blockbuster has announced a new trade-in promotion offering players the chance to grab Grand Theft Auto 5 for free when they trade in two selected games.

Trade in any two of the following titles and you'll get GTA 5 for absolutely nothing when the game launches next week:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Deadpool
Diablo 3
Disney Infinity Starter Pack
Injustice Gods Among Us
Killer is Dead
Lost Planet 3
Rayman Legends
Rugby Challenge 2
Saints Row IV
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Walking Dead The Survivors (Survival Instinct?)

If you haven't got anything to trade, Blockbuster tells VideoGamer.com that it will be selling the game for £44.99, or for £39.85 when you pre-order online and select the Click and Collect delivery option.

"The anticipation for GTA 5 has been building for months and we have seen this reflected in the pre-orders that we've taken," said James Morton, head of games at Blockbuster. "We're delighted to be offering such a great deal for all our customers and anticipate a great response to this in the coming days."

GTA 5 releases next Tuesday, September 17 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Source: Blockbuster Press Release

Feb 27, 2006
Gonna have to cancel this preorder and get rid of the PS3 since I'll have no need for it anymore. Weak ass map and driving ain't gonna cut it for me. Glad I still have my PS2 with Fight Night Round 2.

Props: Count_Slapula
Dec 11, 2006
Last week my PS3 officially took a shit. plus im moving in less than a month so I wont be playin GTA for a bit but I did see there was a GTAV ps3 bundle at Gamestop. I gotta stop checkin this thread for about a month. Good luck breh

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Yea it's kinda slow but being able to download 24 hrs before release, it'll be good to play at 12am while ppl at the stores

Glad they doin the pre downloads
GTA 5 PSN preload brought forward to Sunday
PS3 preload event moved forward to 3pm Sunday following fan upset.

Grand Theft Auto 5's PSN preload event has been brought forward to Sunday, September 15, Rockstar has announced.

The announcement follows news earlier today that the preload had been pushed back to Monday after originally being expected to be available today. Understandably the news upset some fans.

But instead, the preload will now be available from 3pm BST this Sunday to all PlayStation 3 players who pre-purchased the game via the European PlayStation Network.

North American PS3 owners will be able to preload the game from 3am EST on Monday.

GTA 5 launches on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Tuesday, September 17. Head back to VideoGamer.com next Monday, September 16 at 3pm BST for our full review.

Source: R @rocks targames

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
LMFAO Siccness hated on Rockstar but gave this fool R @rocks some props! SMH

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Gonna have to cancel this preorder and get rid of the PS3 since I'll have no need for it anymore. Weak ass map and driving ain't gonna cut it for me. Glad I still have my PS2 with Fight Night Round 2.

You Sir, need to go and suck a bag of dicks for the ignorant comment you have just made.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Dude, go fuck yourself, I'm High and DRUNK BUT YOU STILL ARE A FAGGOT THAT WONT BE PLAYING GTA5 MONDAY NIGHT, SO GTFOHEAAAAA!