Got Manager?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
Sometimes you need someone to help you do all that stuff. Everyone can do it on their own but it's a lot of work. A manager could lighten your load if you don't have the time or the connections.

Let's not misunderstand that. I agree and I am very aware that an artist needs a manger amongst other assistants once he / she reaches a certain point in their career, but if I'm not seeing any of the artist he / she represents on MTV / BET etc. like stated, I'm not buying it, plain & simple.

Again, before anybody get's pissy & starts to take shit out of content... I'm speaking in general.

May 29, 2008
www.reverbnation.com
Let's not misunderstand that. I agree and I am very aware that an artist needs a manger amongst other assistants once he / she reaches a certain point in their career, but if I'm not seeing any of the artist he / she represents on MTV / BET etc. like stated, I'm not buying it, plain & simple.

Again, before anybody get's pissy & starts to take shit out of content... I'm speaking in general.
Your speaking in General but your nit picking on if my artists are being currently shown on BET, MTV etc.?? All due Respect? And your doing nothing but talking about Fake Fraudulent Managers Trying to Scam??? The Services listed here in no way say that I am now someone's manager. The percentage a manger asks for is anywhere from 10% to 20% of business that manager generates for his artist. No upfront payment for anything other than what you need to pay for. Your not "buying it" because Black C and San Quinn aren't on MTV?? With over 20 years of making records? and they had enough trust in my skills to let me call myself their manager? So if you see a new video or two soon that will change your mind and kill the argument? Probably not...

The services here can be utilized not only by artists that do not have the "know how" to do so, but the ones that do not want to be responsible for the tedious tasks that are involved. There are many that can benefit, and many that will have absolutely no need for any of the services. But that is the beauty of it, that others can make the choice for themselves.

I am not offering anyone management, I am offering help, assistance, administrative business delegation and consulting. These are all services that I can offer professionally and many people can vouch for that.

If these services were easy, and every independent in the bay area knew how to get this stuff done they would. Period.

If you don't think that most artists would rather have someone do this for them and would willing pay for it then think again.

I don't scam people either, I work hard to do what I do, and if you know ME (or THINK you know me) then you wouldn't even be on my thread talking bad.

May 29, 2008
www.reverbnation.com
Expect a new Black C album this year, Expect a unreleased never heard HITMAN album this year. 20yr Anniversary RBL Lesson To Be Learned and more. Quinn has videos headed for MTV as we speak, as well as an album with Ya Boy, an album with Berner and his Solo Album also being released this year which had the single PAID on it.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Gemini: in this technological age where a buzz now starts on the internet, dont you think a person like Grimm would help in doing such things as email blasts, youtube promo, facebook promo, etc?
the days of street teams unfortunately do not work anymore imo when it comes to music, mainly because of oversatuation of artist at your local bus and trolley station fuckin the game up lol
what are your thoughts on that aspect of it? How do you think an indie artist can succeed?

Jul 16, 2011
LOLLLLLLLLL @ Gemini thinking all rappers are tech nerds like him & know how to do everything themselves.... most them can't even type a few sentences without takin' 30 minutes..... You type paragraphs sayin' basically the same shit over and over again! STFU already..... this dude's just sayin' his services are available to whoever wants them, not pushin' shit on anyone! Why u just sit in here tryin' to shit on him?

May 16, 2002
Your speaking in General but your nit picking on if my artists are being currently shown on BET, MTV etc.?? All due Respect? And your doing nothing but talking about Fake Fraudulent Managers Trying to Scam??? The Services listed here in no way say that I am now someone's manager. The percentage a manger asks for is anywhere from 10% to 20% of business that manager generates for his artist. No upfront payment for anything other than what you need to pay for. Your not "buying it" because Black C and San Quinn aren't on MTV?? With over 20 years of making records? and they had enough trust in my skills to let me call myself their manager? So if you see a new video or two soon that will change your mind and kill the argument? Probably not...

The services here can be utilized not only by artists that do not have the "know how" to do so, but the ones that do not want to be responsible for the tedious tasks that are involved. There are many that can benefit, and many that will have absolutely no need for any of the services. But that is the beauty of it, that others can make the choice for themselves.

I am not offering anyone management, I am offering help, assistance, administrative business delegation and consulting. These are all services that I can offer professionally and many people can vouch for that.

If these services were easy, and every independent in the bay area knew how to get this stuff done they would. Period.

If you don't think that most artists would rather have someone do this for them and would willing pay for it then think again.

I don't scam people either, I work hard to do what I do, and if you know ME (or THINK you know me) then you wouldn't even be on my thread talking bad.

I'm harsh like that, some people like the asshole / blunt approach, some people weaken down to violence. That's just my opinion. I grew up believing that who ever got mad first, lost automatically because he / she couldn't come back with anything valid to say to defend him / herself, so I can respect you in the sense that you've come back correct as it should be. You show professionalism, so I am impressed for lack of a better word.

Your right, it takes a lot of work to get this done, but my perspective is based on the reflection that these artist have. I seriously am not seeing what's being painted in here. For any Bay artist for that matter. This topic is discussed on here daily & the Bay artist are not getting anywhere. It's been like that for a few years now.

Granted I don't know you and you've cleared up some of my doubts with this second reply, but the skeptic side of me quickly jumps when the lines that include, "Services, pay me, time & effort" in the same sentence. It raises a red flag in my mind. That's just me.

Gemini: in this technological age where a buzz now starts on the internet, dont you think a person like Grimm would help in doing such things as email blasts, youtube promo, facebook promo, etc?
the days of street teams unfortunately do not work anymore imo when it comes to music, mainly because of oversatuation of artist at your local bus and trolley station fuckin the game up lol
what are your thoughts on that aspect of it? How do you think an indie artist can succeed?

Great question, seriously, Breh. I think due to the saturation it's ten times harder for an artist to succeed in today's music industry (be it major or underground.) It's not even about talent anymore, nor being unique. It's being outrageous. I may have a different opinion on a different day, but tonight I strongly believe this shit is a dying breed and all this extra stuff symbolizes the hanging on by our fingertips.

LOLLLLLLLLL @ Gemini thinking all rappers are tech nerds like him & know how to do everything themselves.... most them can't even type a few sentences without takin' 30 minutes..... You type paragraphs sayin' basically the same shit over and over again! STFU already..... this dude's just sayin' his services are available to whoever wants them, not pushin' shit on anyone! Why u just sit in here tryin' to shit on him?

And you keep reading my stuff over and over again.

Apr 20, 2005
so how does this work? do i have to pay first and then u do ur thing? or do i send u my music to u then u promote it and then we split the money? ofcourse i dont know shit about the business side of music. well now that i think about it guess i dont know shit about music period. i just listen to it and make fun of rappers who suck. but i know there is alot of shady shit that goes on. i wish rappers and producers can have interview shoots like pro wrestlers. that shit would be more interesting than the music itself. and im not talking about no fuckin mediocre diss tracks. im talkin about 30 minutes to an hour just talkin real shit. cuz the music sucks dicks and assholes. hip hop right now is like a fuckin threesome but with just dudes. fuckin gay man. the beats, the lyrics and the fuckin clothing. whats wrong with u artists out there? i hope 1 day all the favorite rappers local and commercial start kissing and doing gay fag shit. just to see what excuses fans make to back them up.

Apr 24, 2011
Grimm go hard for his artists hands down tell black c to hit me

Ok first we live in the day and age were rappers arnt getting deals but the managers are setting shit up time is money and you have to understand that
my manager takes a a percentage as in his words i quote "when we get those checks nigga you gonna cash out a couple hund a month what the fuck u thimk this is" haha but i still shoot him a few dollers just cuz he works hard .
so there is a few ways to.look at it 99% of these rappers will never get a deal hows the manager whos pulling shit duty supposed toeat

Expect a new Black C album this year, Expect a unreleased never heard HITMAN album this year. 20yr Anniversary RBL Lesson To Be Learned and more. Quinn has videos headed for MTV as we speak, as well as an album with Ya Boy, an album with Berner and his Solo Album also being released this year which had the single PAID on it.
Damn!!!! New Black C and a unreleased hitman album? fuck yeah! All we need now is a cougnut unrelesed album

Feb 9, 2012
ok the services you include like features promotion etc how much is your services for 1 and how can i prove who you say you are nothing against you bruh but you know you dont just hand over money with out knowin what you gettin
What's good... My name is Grimm if you don't know me I manage Black C of RBL Posse, and San Quinn. I am looking to expand my client base and am now offering consulting and representation to anyone that is need. I am able to provide you with an A-Z menu of actions that can increase your notoriety and overall music career. I have been Managing artists since 2005. Some of the services I can provide are :

PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION (GETTING YOUR MUSIC PLACED IN STORES AND ON ITUNES AMAZON ETC)
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS (CREATING AWARENESS AND PROMOTING YOUR MUSIC ON THE WEB, RADIO, ETC)
ASSISTANCE/CONSULTING (GETTING YOUR MUSIC ADVERTISED, AND TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE)
CD MANUFACTURING (SAVE YOU MONEY GETTING YOUR CD'S FLYERS, POSTERS PRINTED)
PRODUCT PLACEMENT (GET YOUR CD PLACED IN THE STORES, AND ON THE RIGHT SHELVES)
DIGITAL MARKETING AND VIDEO PLACEMENT (MTV, BET, ETC)
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING BOOSTS (INCREASE FOLLOWERS AND VIEWS)

These are just some of the services I can provide. I can also set you up with beats, studio time, Feature Verses from your favorite Bay Area Rappers (Any and all), photography, graphics, event footage (film your shows), etc.

If you are trying to put out your music and haven't found the help you need, or have run out of ideas, contact me I am willing to help.

DISCLOSURE:
I do not work for free, all of the services will cost you and I am sure you know that. But be prepared to have money not only to get these things done but pay me for my time and effort. This also is not an easy solution to selling a million records. It will however allow you to build a foundation for your music to make revenue. If the music is good it will sell itself, these services I offer will allow you to promote and sell it better than ever.

J. Grimm
[email protected]

May 16, 2002

WOW! Really?!?!?!?! You still accusing me of something I never said? Yes, I'm an asshole, yes I have a big mouth, but there are lines I will never cross for the simple fact that both my parents died too. I carried the weight of my mother being in coma for 4 years & never woke, so get over your accusation towards me already! My bad if my writing skills just happen to cut deeper than the average Siccness member. I've never hid who I am by creating a different account to say what the fuck I want. I myself have posted my own pics, so all of you can see my fat ass!

Second, with all this manager talk, I'm asking for the fact that I've seen Quinn on youtube calling KMEL & demanding them to play "Black & Orange." Plus reading his Tweets about being upset that he wasn't invited to "The Motto" video shoot. 40 stated, "Bosses only." So I question the credentials of the management.

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
You can't do it yourself and nothing is for free. That's the problem for bay Area rappers. Everybody want's to be the Rapper/ceo/booking agent/manager/lawyer How many Bay Rappers even have managers who only do management? Most are they patna who either still sells dope or pimps or has another 9-5. This is not a part time game. Jacka said it best "sellin dope is cool but rap is on my mind IT'S HARD TO DO EM BOTH AND GET MY BREAD AT THE SAME TIME"

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
I LIKE GEMINI'S PERSPECTIVE...SOMETIMES I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAYS BUT FOR THE MOST PART HE HAS GOOD INFO.

AND I DONT THINK HE'S NEGATIVE OR DISRESPECTFUL AND IN THIS THREAD HE PLAYED DEVIL'S ADVOCATE...

WHICH ALOT OF US DO IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, IN ALL THE OTHER THREADS...NOW IF HE WAS LIKE CARLOS JUST ACTING DUMB ON A THREAD I'D AGREE A BANNING WAS COMING BUT HE THINKS BEFORE HE PUTS SHIT OUT THERE...CANT HATE ON THAT....

Dec 4, 2006
I don't know Grimm personally, but he's good at what he does...

Gemini maybe if you had a manager your music would probably be heard outside of the 831...

May 16, 2002
I LIKE GEMINI'S PERSPECTIVE...SOMETIMES I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAYS BUT FOR THE MOST PART HE HAS GOOD INFO.

AND I DONT THINK HE'S NEGATIVE OR DISRESPECTFUL AND IN THIS THREAD HE PLAYED DEVIL'S ADVOCATE...

WHICH ALOT OF US DO IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, IN ALL THE OTHER THREADS...NOW IF HE WAS LIKE CARLOS JUST ACTING DUMB ON A THREAD I'D AGREE A BANNING WAS COMING BUT HE THINKS BEFORE HE PUTS SHIT OUT THERE...CANT HATE ON THAT....

Thank you, but this seems to go over a lot of people's head's in here. If it wasn't for me this thread would of died on page one, but I keep these threads going.

I don't know Grimm personally, but he's good at what he does...

Gemini maybe if you had a manager your music would probably be heard outside of the 831...

Really? Is that all it takes? A manager?