***GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2010-2011 SEASON THREAD***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
when Curry talked before about it he said he heals fast from sprained ankles.

from personal experience, i do too. i've rolled my shit a few different times and kept playing and been fine after a day or two. that tweaking thing he did last game is usually scarier than it really is. first reaction you're like fuck i hope i didnt fuck that ankle off but sometimes it actually feels better once you click it back after the tweak.

as long as he doesnt fracture it, he should be fine and full strength soon.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Ellis and Curry each played 39 minutes in game 1.

right now, Reggie Williams is the point-forward when Curry and Ellis are off the floor.

Lin will need a little more time to adjust to the NBA i think, Summer League is much different. Keith Smart is making good subs and good calls so far, it looks like he will bring him along smartly. (no pun intended)

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
yeah i agree summer league is nothin compared to the regular season, but Smart should atleast let Lin play a few minutes a game to get his feet wet. How can Lin learn how to adjust and how can he get experience with no actual playing time? Smart is treating Lin just like Nelson treated Randolph. We'll see though, tonight is only the 2nd game of the season...I'm sure Smart wants to make sure the team gets a good amount of wins before he starts giving playing time away to other players

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
its only been 1 game man, theres not enough to compare Smart to anything yet.

and Lin wasnt even active last game lol. and it was a close game sorta, too close for rookie minutes in the 4th.

Lin showed some flaws/weakness in the pre season. he will get minutes when he is ready, and the situation calls for it.

and until there is reason to believe Smart is anything like Nelson, i'd consider that slander lol. the team is more together now than any team ever was with Nelson. the players like Smart and all are on the same page with his style/scheme.

(as i'm typing this i wanted to look into an update on the kid)

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/10/22/lin-rookie/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

he's not nba ready yet. D-League might be the best option for him now, so he can adjust to pro level talent while getting good minutes.

in a way, he kinda reminds me of rubio. not in the way they play, but in the way that they are both projects with potential/ability but will need to adjust to the nba speed/strength/game. rubio has more pro level experience tho obviously.

i like the idea of Lin to the D-League tho, that helps him faster than waiting for spot minutes in blow out games. we can always call him up whenever we need. plus then we can watch him grow and get good minutes.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
and until there is reason to believe Smart is anything like Nelson, i'd consider that slander lol. the team is more together now than any team ever was with Nelson. the players like Smart and all are on the same page with his style/scheme.
it's no question that the Warriors need a backup PG right now and i guess im just too worried that Monta & Ellis is loggin in too many minutes. Smart kinda reminds me Nelson when Don played Baron Davis & Stephen Jackson to the ground and they didnt have nothin left towards the end of the season. also, i'm not too high on Smart...from what I saw when he took over for Nelson for a week last season he had some questionable rotations that didnt make too much sense. He did the same with his rotations during summer league and pulled players QUICK for small mistakes. i know i know, the season just started...but i just dont like how Smart can't trust some of the players. Hope Smart proves me wrong though and shows why most of the players love him so much

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
last year he wasnt really coaching, he was filling in and acting as the assistant to nelson.

he will pull guys this year when they make a mistake, all the players understand that this year. its not a trust issue. it will make them more accountable and into smarter/better players.

“I’ve already shared with them how they’re going to be coached, and they’ve given me a commitment that I can coach them that way,” Smart said. “Each guy, to a man, I can coach them that way. When they’re not playing at a level that’s necessary or they’re making mistakes, that’s not going to be acceptable.

“They know we’ll move to the next phase. With each guy, I’ve shared how I need to coach you. You’ve agreed with me. So that’s how we’re going to do it. When those things happen in a game (quick substitutions), it’s because we’ve already come to an agreement with each other."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/11/10/..._steinmetz_v3.html?blockID=329400&feedID=5986

i do agree i'd rather have CJ Watson still, but lets give the current backups a chance before declaring we are doomed. we've seen Reggie Williams ability to make plays last year. Charlie Bell is the question mark but he's a vet and he had some decent backup years with the bucks. we dont need an all star backup, thats the position with the least minutes available. its not often Ellis and Curry will be on the bench at the same time unless its a blowout anyways.

if Jeremy Lin can make progress then we dont have any problems at all and we have nice depth.

or hopefully we can trade Radman for anything - maybe a guard.

anyways, its only been 1 game. give Smart and the Team a chance. i didnt like Smart last year either, but this year he already looks much different. he's pushing defense, rebounding, and accountability. 3 key things Nelson had no mind about which usually gave us loss after loss.

Jan 18, 2006
I expected us to win easy but things couldn't have started any better considering we have 4 turnovers already

Jan 18, 2006
yeah our starting lineup is looking pretty solid. Don't even know much about Wright but as he keeps knocking down them 3's and mid range jumper he's good in my book

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
what looks good is that the team has the lead while not riding Ellis/Curry. role players gettin their chance and goin to work.