***GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2010-2011 SEASON THREAD***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
Our D was much stronger in the 4th. The Rockets ended up shooting 29% in the final quarter. The lowest field goal percentage allowed in a fourth quarter by the Dubs in ages.

The Oracle was crackin as usual. Alcohol prices are still the same as last year as well as the food. The only downside this year is that there is no longer a smoking section outside. The only way to smoke is to sneak a couple of puffs in the restroom.

Feb 13, 2006
Our D was much stronger in the 4th. The Rockets ended up shooting 29% in the final quarter. The lowest field goal percentage allowed in a fourth quarter by the Dubs in ages.

The Oracle was crackin as usual. Alcohol prices are still the same as last year as well as the food. The only downside this year is that there is no longer a smoking section outside. The only way to smoke is to sneak a couple of puffs in the restroom.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Great win for the warriors! Monta SHITTTTTT'n on em!

David lee is gonna be a GREAT piece for y'all. Curry and lee are def the 2 players the warriors will build around.

Blazers will always come first, no matter what, BUUUUUUT next to them, I think the warriors are my next fav team IF I had to pick. Plus I got a griiiiip of potnas from the bay so I'm very surrounded by bay area fans in Portland.

I didn't get a chance to watch em play in their opener, but how'd everyone else do aside from curry/lee/Ellis? How'd D wright do??

Anyways, GO WARRIORS! Hopefully wit the new additions and a change of coaching although it's a familiar face, should be a nice fresh start of the W's! Now let's GETTTTTTTTT EM!

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
i heard from my boy at true hoops, he said the Monta for Granger deal is back on the table, and that he would be shocked if Monta finished the season in a Warrior uniform...

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
» Friday, October 29 2010

Well, turns out Joe Lacob isn’t going to be the owner of the Warriors by Friday, which was something NBA commissioner David Stern had wanted. Looks like it’s going to be November. Over the past two weeks, all the word was that the completion of the Warriors’ sale was imminent, and that the deal was a lock to go through -- and Stern confirmed all of that in a conference call last week. Stern said that he expected the deal would likely be done by today or Friday. He also said at the time there was a “signed contract,” and that “the deal is going to close.” CSNBayArea.com

But the reality of the situation is that the deadline for the deal to be completed is Dec. 31. Here’s Stern’s whole quote from last week’s conference call: “We had hoped that ‑‑ there's a signed contract, the deal is going to close. There are all kinds of related agreements that have to be executed in connection with it, and there are some details ‑‑ final details being worked out. So we had hoped that it would have closed by Wednesday. That would have required us to get the vote out today (Oct. 22). It's probably not going to happen. We haven't gotten the final word on a couple of documents. So it's going to go out sometime next week, and it'll likely close by Friday of next week.” Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. I touched base with Lacob before Wednesday’s game, and he declined comment. But he indicated the sale was unlikely to happen by Friday, but everything was on track. And there’s no reason to believe it isn’t. Just going to take a little while longer. CSNBayArea.com

» Thursday, October 28 2010

The new-look Warriors held off Houston 132-128 behind a remember-us performance by Monta Ellis, who matched his career high of 46 points on 24 field-goal attempts. The guard missed only six shots from the floor all night, including a three-quarter-court heave to beat the halftime buzzer. "It was like he surprised us," Houston coach Rick Adelman said. "We were on our heels the whole game." The Warriors played most of the night at a frenetic pace closer to Don Nelson's style than to new coach Keith Smart's proposed approach. But there was one major difference: the final four minutes. "No. 1, we have a team now," Smart said. "We had an Elmer's Glue team last year. We were just trying to patch something together and get it on the floor." San Francisco Chronicle

Yao won't play in back-to-back games as he recovers from foot surgery, and Lin isn't ready to produce as an undrafted rookie. Still, there is a story to tell about the duo. The Asian fan favorites formed a friendship in July, when Yao invited Lin to play in a charity game in Taipei. "It surprised me when he called," Lin said. "I was like, 'Is this actually happening?' " Lin said he was nervous, but 12 hours later, he was on a plane halfway around the globe. He headed back to Taiwan for the first time since the seventh grade. "Why would he be nervous? I think he has a bright future waiting for him," Yao said. San Francisco Chronicle

The Warriors tipped off without a new ownership group as the NBA Board of Governors has yet to approve Joe Lacob and Peter Guber. "Our team is set. Our coaching staff is set. Everything affecting us is set," Stephen Curry said. "It won't affect our play on the court while we wait." San Francisco Chronicle

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Durant, Lebron, Wade, Paul, Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Deron Williams, Roy, Amare, Howard, Carmelo, Peirce, Billups, Duncan, Rondo, Gerald Wallace, Kidd, Granger, Bosh. There ya go.
Wrong.

Only Kobe is better... for now.

Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis said who he thinks the NBA’s three best players are.

“I’m going to say LeBron James [third],” Ellis said recently. “He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

“No. 1, I’d say Kobe Bryant. There isn’t one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.”

Monta >>>>> Roy

Monta Ellis, on his defensive gem vs. Brandon Roy: “I could do that day-in, day-out”
He had an incredible game. He didn’t just lead the Warriors in their 108-94 victory over Portland (the Warriors’ 9th straight at Oracle over the Blazers).

Ellis grabbed this game and never let it go.

It was probably his best all-around game since the scooter injury–and it’s notable because it was his DEFENSE that was the most important factor.

I thought Ellis destroyed Brandon Roy. Just ate him up. DEFENSIVELY.

Tonight, Ellis was all over Roy. Moving his feet, getting into Roy’s chest, swiping at the ball, shoving him on the low post, all in Roy’s head, if you ask me.

A dominant, dominant effort.

Ellis had 6 steals, but that wasn’t the only important stat. It was this: Roy, 6 for 17 shooting, 17 points(and 3 turnovers) in 38 minutes.

(And Portland shooting just 41.8% from the field, largely because the Trail Blazers seemed lulled by all their mismatches and then got frustrated when their post-game fizzled–like it always does vs. the Warriors at Oracle.)

Ellis’ 34 points on 13-of-28 shooting, and 8 assists (in all 48 minutes) was just the icing on the cake.

Monta >>>>> Roy

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Nineteen of Curry's points Wednesday came after halftime, even though he tweaked the right ankle sprain that kept him out of the final preseason game.

It's not expected to limit him Friday.