Fuck a cable tv bill...fuck netflix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Wow just wiped XBMC from my harddrive and reconfigured it and it works better than before, Filmon working, discovered Veetle, was watching another Flintstones cartoon
Part of the problem is your running it from a HDD. Try slapping in a SSD and your entire outlook on life will change.

HDD's are by far the biggest bottle neck in any machine. And its not even up for discussion.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Part of the problem is your running it from a HDD. Try slapping in a SSD and your entire outlook on life will change.

HDD's are by far the biggest bottle neck in any machine. And its not even up for discussion.
Naw I was just running an outdated version of XMBC nothing more nothing less. I'm cool off the SSS idea but thanks for the suggestion

May 9, 2002
Naw I was just running an outdated version of XMBC nothing more nothing less. I'm cool off the SSS idea but thanks for the suggestion
SSD, not SSS. Solid State Drive. You give up space but gain 10X the speed. Use the SSD as your boot drive, and use the existing drive as your paging/storage drive. Its worth the $100 investment. Especially running something like XBMC...its going to take much longer to recall information from a mechanical drive. Plus, booting into your machine in less than 8 seconds is pretty fucking cool too.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
SSD, not SSS. Solid State Drive. You give up space but gain 10X the speed. Use the SSD as your boot drive, and use the existing drive as your paging/storage drive. Its worth the $100 investment. Especially running something like XBMC...its going to take much longer to recall information from a mechanical drive. Plus, booting into your machine in less than 8 seconds is pretty fucking cool too.
The "SSS" was the autocorrect on the phone, but thank you for the suggestion.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
hey brahs,...are these apple tv boxes the 2nd generation?...it dosent say on the website,...check it out,if so ,..they are only 99 bucks!

Apple TV - Buy Apple TV with 1080p HD - Apple Store (U.S.)
nah i believe its 3rd gen.

They stopped making 2nd gen years ago, and were sold out. Reason 2nd gen was more expesive then the 3rd gen was because they stopped making them, and at the time you could only jailbreak the 2g.

Not sure if you can jailbreak 3g iTv now, but if so that $99 is great price.

Props: timebomb

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
saw a video on you tube and it says u can get xbmc thru air play or sum shit till there is a jail break available!
I guess you could airplay your cpu screen, and stream... thats viable option. I do that for a lot of pay-per-view sport events.

I ended upgrading iOS and ditching the jailbreak. All the movies I load I just them in mp4/m4v into my itunes, I found it streams cleaner, and at higher resolution - in rare case I can't find mp4 I just convert it from mkv/avi -> mp4.

Plus I have cable, so I'm not stressing for tv channels... My main thing is cataloging HD 1080p movies and having a non choppy playback. Which it does excellent for me.

Props: timebomb
Feb 11, 2006
nah i believe its 3rd gen.

They stopped making 2nd gen years ago, and were sold out. Reason 2nd gen was more expesive then the 3rd gen was because they stopped making them, and at the time you could only jailbreak the 2g.

Not sure if you can jailbreak 3g iTv now, but if so that $99 is great price.
Im pretty sure there is no jailbreak for the APTV3 yet breh