foreclosed homes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
only thing saving us right now....but the fuckin deferred interest just keeps rising and rising and rising....We just wanted to do something b4 it got too late for us but...ehhhhh to hell with it then our months are numbered (maybe even weeks i dont wanna live here anymore especially with the 2 houses next to us that just burned down last weekend......now were having to get our insurance to fix the smoke damage we have in the attic and hvac unit in our townhouse........There probably goes our chances of a short sale with the fire.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Im in the middle of buyin a foreclosure in Vallejo
3 bed / 2 bath / 1400sf / 2 car garage
$150k

everything is lookin good so far..

buyin FHA 3.5% down, im lookin at around 1090 a month with insurance and tax
How much do you need to put down? I really want to buy a house as soon as possible but I need to start saving for a down payment. My credit should be a lot better once I get my tax return and pay off my credit card debt. And it is already in the high 600 to low 700 range, the only thing hurting it is that I was 30 days overdue on a credit card payment but other than that it is just the two credit cards I have maxed out which will be taken care of soon. And I should be able to start saving a lot more money without the big credit card payments every month.

Dec 4, 2006
Don't forget Diable and Blackhawk in the Danville area...HELLA EXPENSIVE HOUSES in that area and they all range between 1 mill to 30 mill or more..

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
@MKB

My advice would be not to pay them off completely, but keep a small balance on them at all times. That helps increase your score a lot faster than if you didn\'t carry a balance at all.

Right now, unless you can qualify for an FHA loan, a lender is going to require you to put 20% down.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
@MKB

My advice would be not to pay them off completely, but keep a small balance on them at all times. That helps increase your score a lot faster than if you didn\'t carry a balance at all.

Right now, unless you can qualify for an FHA loan, a lender is going to require you to put 20% down.
What are the requirements on the FHA loan? I would be a first time home buyer and I know that you can get special loans for that. As for my credit cards I am just going to pay them off totally I have carried a balance through college and made all my payments on time so I should be good it is just killing me because I have 2 cards maxed out so that drops my credit score. Washington Mutual also closed another credit card account on me but I was never late and I am still paying that off and my return won't be enough to cover that card. I might charge stuff to the cards after they are paid but I will always pay it off before interest because one is 17.9% and the other is 29.9%. Other than that I just have my student loans but they shouldn't really hurt my credit score.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I used teh google and got the info I needed on the FHA loan. 3% down for a first time home buyer sounds good so we will see if I qualify once I save up some money.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
@MKB

thanks for that info... I actually just paid all my credit cards off completely

guess I gotta go spend some money now to get a balance back on em... fuck it..

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
whatever you do get a fixed loan...

and as house prices goes down, rent rates go up... so if you can a fixed price that is slightly cheaper then rent you made a excellent investment.

don't expect to flip a home, or even make much money on it in the next 8 years, the real money will be to landlord your shit

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
thanks for that info... I actually just paid all my credit cards off completely

guess I gotta go spend some money now to get a balance back on em... fuck it..
It's not really that you want to carry a balance but it helps you credit if you have been making payments so that they can see that you are responsible and have been making all of your payments on time. That's why it can be a good thing to use your credit cards but pay the balance totally off every month. If you do it that way you won't end up not paying interest and you will still show that you are responsible enough to make monthly payments.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
whatever you do get a fixed loan...

and as house prices goes down, rent rates go up... so if you can a fixed price that is slightly cheaper then rent you made a excellent investment.

don't expect to flip a home, or even make much money on it in the next 8 years, the real money will be to landlord your shit
That is exactly why I want to buy soon, it seems stupid to pay almost $1,000 a month in rent when I could be paying a mortgage for only a little more and be gaining equity instead of just giving the money to someone else.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
dude, I have been in the mortgage business for 15 years, I know about credit, and carrying a small balance is way better than paying your cards off in full.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
dude, I have been in the mortgage business for 15 years, I know about credit, and carrying a small balance is way better than paying your cards off in full.
Can you explain it to me then? I guess I just don't understand it but I like to learn as much as I can about this type of stuff. I think the only reason I have heard it was better to pay it off every month was because you don't have to pay interest and your still making consistent payments. What I don't understand is why it looks better to carry a balance? And thanks for the information you have given me so far.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i bought one in out in AZ for around 100k, i love the fact that i own my place and spend less than alot of my friends do to rent. I'm thinking about copping another place but part of the deal with my current place is I have have it as my primary residence for a fixed amount of time before I move into another place. besides there are so many forclosures out here my spot might be hard to rent without me doing a couple of key renovations. I'm pretty cool where I'm at though, its a little out of the way for i dig that

This is what is gonna get the economy breathing again, Things got overblown due to real estate market spikes and people using their equity as their own personal piggy bank. This whole shitty market has drove the price of real estate down practically everywhere. I'm in collections and believe me even the guy on top of the hill is hurting too, losing their homes and shit. Too many people took big risks in their homes and lost it all when the bubble popped.

Jan 10, 2003
I used teh google and got the info I needed on the FHA loan. 3% down for a first time home buyer sounds good so we will see if I qualify once I save up some money.

FHA is actually 3.5% down now..

if you're in my boat looking around $150k your down payment would need to be

$150k= $5,250 + about $800 for inspections and other bullshit before closing.

the advice I would give, is to have a solid $10k in he bank before home shopping, that way you have a nice cushion, and room for a little renovation.

+ a rule of thumb is to always have at least 3 months mortgage in savings...

..but who the hell does that?

Apr 14, 2003
it's weird reading about house prices the amount of my down payment + closing costs. but good luck to all of you out there in the process of getting one. hope it goes through good

Jul 25, 2007
^^^WTF? 5K for a home!? thats bullshit. n e ways. why not rent? rent is getting cheaper and cheaper and you dont have to worry about property taxes. home value in homes today are not gonna go up anytime soon but its up to you.