for you "40 flopped" folks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
he is also going to be in the new Lil John Video... that should help

the 2nd single sounds more like what the mainstream wants to hear

if those singles do well he could do a LOT more in the next month or two

Oct 19, 2005
to me I dont care how much that album has sold to me if that album was worth spendin my money on...if u were really thinkin that album album was gonna sell like a 50 cent or a Game then ur trippin..wait till U and Dat video which will get alot of air time..

Mar 28, 2005
i mean a first week flop is a flop and he did horrible numbers the first week period aint no denying that.. i hope his sales pick up with the next single but all these excuses are stupid.

Aug 18, 2003
www.epidemicent.com
Doc Truth said:
Do people forget that 40 has gone platinum!?!?!? What is this america must adjust to his style? He's been in the game for almost 20 years. He aint some new artist. People know who he is.
What album did 40 go platinum on? To my knowledge he has only went Gold never platinum which should tell you why he has never been on the cover of the Source Mag ever and why there was so much controversy about the source mag and 40 a few years ago never being on the cover. The Source only puts artists who have gone platinum on the cover.

Apr 8, 2004
pap said:
hes already doubled Remy Mas sales, and that was supposed to be a big seller....ACC is right, people were expecting this to go gold this 1st week, but its gonna take the rest of america time to get used to 40's unorthodox style and delievery....U & Dat should do the trick to push this album to at least 400K or better
lol fuck no remy was doa out the gate and even SHE knew it. she aint even have no single

Apr 8, 2004
pharoah said:
but my point is, bubba, remy and many others had way more push and ain't even near where 40 at. his album ain't a blockbuster but anyone still saying it is a flop had unrealistic expectations or just being ridiculous
hell naw 40 been all over mtv n shit, i did not see that for remy. maybe i'm blind or somethin

Jan 5, 2006
theres still many many many many people who have not bought the album.. they ask me that shit good? im like shiit i still have it in my rotation.. they go damn ima go copp that then

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
this thread is pointless.........yall are are basing this success on album sales??? He's made it this far and he's doing a great job. I and alot of people weren't expecting him to pull Kanye, 50, Mariah, or Game sales the 1st week or even in the 1st month. Some of you that listen to the radio and watch mtv/bet are expecting ALOT from E-40. Sales don't determine how good your album is or how much talent you have(yes it means something but it's not everything coming from a fan's perspective) The only people that should be concerned is BME, Warner Bros., & E-40. I guess that while posting in music forums you can discus anything and everything about a rapper's personal life whether it be: what type of car he owns, album sales, how much money they got in a bank, who they shouldn't feature on their album, who's he given creadit too, where he lives, what he eats, who he's supporting, what he wears, to what type of tissue they wipe they ass with. They discuss everything and anything EXCEPT for the artist's music.

I bet you anything that some of you are comparing E-40 sales with other popular mainstream artists and that's where you get the "e-40 flopped" idea. Without thinking that e-40 is not on their level even though he's been around for 15+ years. He's FINALLY getting that push that he deserves and people have really high expectations from a rapper that doesn't get alot of recognition but has been puttin in hella work for many years. And Cali loves e-40 and for those outta state/country folks who dig e-40 and have supported him throughout the years have a good taste in music and are open minded. But even those listeners don't give a fuck about album sales as long as they can get a hold of the next e-40 album or hear a new track where he's featured on.

Album sales are only a concern to people with too much time on their hands/mind. Outside your computer room and into the real world people have better shit to worry about than what their fav. artist are grossing or what number they are in the charts.

BTW...........must we make a new thread everytime we have an opinion on e-40??? Couldn't this be added to the hundred other posts pertaining e-40's album????

Jan 9, 2006
www.myspace.com
jSoong said:
haha about the bubba remark. everyone prettymuch sold more than bubba and it's a shame with all his outlets. i hear that song prettymuch every half hour on the radio or on tv.
last week when cam'ron was on kmel, he was saying that one dipset member.. forgot his name.. came out with a mixtape and that mixtape, WITHOUT any exposure, sold more than bubba within a week. hahah so talking bout flops... bubba's the one that did
BUBBA SPARKS IS MORE OF AN ENTERTAINER PLUS HE'S A WHITE BOY FROM THE SOUTH WHO CANT RAP HE PROBABLY JUST GOT IN THE GAME CUZZ THEY NEED A WHITE BOY FROM THE SOUTH... HE'S ALWAYS BEEN GARBAGE THEY MAKE PARTY/CLUB MUSIC. HE STOP RAPPIN FOR A WHILE AND THAT WHAT REALLY HURT EM. ONE HIT WONDER ON EVERY CD HE HAS PUT OUT!

D

DaSlimReaper

SLY said:
5 weeks @ 180,000 i dunno but when ur on a MAJOR LABEL with MAJOR PUSH and MAJOR MARKETING and all that and u can only bring home 180,000 thats fuckin horrible. he sold more when he was on JIVE then he does on BME. and this was suposto make his career. E-40 lost in my Opinion. the reason why everyone " predicted" e40 too do double platinum is because he had a huge promo push. i meen he had mtv, he had ny radio, he had sirius x 10. he had usa today, he had lil jon, If san quinn had those outlets do u think san quinn would be selling 180,000? or doing more? I love e40, i think the album is ok. but when u think about it the rest of the country is laughing because e40 had a real chance too really break-out. but he didint. going into week #6 without 200k. Best of luck too e40 with the 2nd single. he should have at least had 500k with tell me when too go. Part of me is frustrated and part of me is thinking why makes all theese excuses how he's @ 180,000 cuz of this and that. point blanke e40 flopped.

I agree mayne, totally. These excuses are dumb..

Sep 24, 2004
rwashing34 said:
BUBBA SPARKS IS MORE OF AN ENTERTAINER PLUS HE'S A WHITE BOY FROM THE SOUTH WHO CANT RAP HE PROBABLY JUST GOT IN THE GAME CUZZ THEY NEED A WHITE BOY FROM THE SOUTH...
Just wait until the majors need a token from the Bay area

Dec 9, 2005
^^ Because everyone was banking on the sales of this release as the 'end-all-be-all' of The Bay movement. When in reality, The Bay is more popular than ever and gaining popularity.