for you "40 flopped" folks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2005
bubba sparxx with twice as much video play, maybe even five times as much, and more radio play. hell that ms. new booty got just as much or more play on bay radio as tell me when to go. more national coverage. barely sold half of what 40 did in the first week. 40's numbers are cool and steady. and he ain't even at the second single

Nov 7, 2005
but my point is, bubba, remy and many others had way more push and ain't even near where 40 at. his album ain't a blockbuster but anyone still saying it is a flop had unrealistic expectations or just being ridiculous

Mar 1, 2006
i'm no where near an e-40 fan ... but damn its a lot of people who have so much opinion and aren't even invovled in the music industry, or have a album out, and if they did ... their numbers wouldn't be no where NEAR 40's with the same amount of "exsposure" he has - i think people really need to caaalllmmm dooown, and atleast let the man get a few shows out the way, another video or two, and just because northern california radio stations are playing his whooole cd ... nationally he only got that OOOONE song playin. give the dude a little credit, he's definitely making way more happen than anybody else in and/or from the bay right about now as far as the lil hyphy movement is concerned.

May 5, 2005
Do people forget that 40 has gone platinum!?!?!? What is this america must adjust to his style? He's been in the game for almost 20 years. He aint some new artist. People know who he is.

SLY

Sicc OG
Feb 18, 2004
www.theslyshow.com
5 weeks @ 180,000 i dunno but when ur on a MAJOR LABEL with MAJOR PUSH and MAJOR MARKETING and all that and u can only bring home 180,000 thats fuckin horrible. he sold more when he was on JIVE then he does on BME. and this was suposto make his career. E-40 lost in my Opinion. the reason why everyone " predicted" e40 too do double platinum is because he had a huge promo push. i meen he had mtv, he had ny radio, he had sirius x 10. he had usa today, he had lil jon, If san quinn had those outlets do u think san quinn would be selling 180,000? or doing more? I love e40, i think the album is ok. but when u think about it the rest of the country is laughing because e40 had a real chance too really break-out. but he didint. going into week #6 without 200k. Best of luck too e40 with the 2nd single. he should have at least had 500k with tell me when too go. Part of me is frustrated and part of me is thinking why makes all theese excuses how he's @ 180,000 cuz of this and that. point blanke e40 flopped.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
AllCity Cinemas said:
40 still should of done better though hes already been gold, he aint like remy ma he isnt a new artist hes already established

And forty aint in terror squad and wasnt on the Lean Back Remix was one of the biggest remixs of this decade...............

Jan 5, 2006
www.turfquake.com
the fuck are yall doin comparin 40's sales to weak ass numbers...

haha... i dont think thats sumthin we should be doin

i understand sayin that his take-off will be slow and his numbers are steady

but dont expect people who are sayin he flopped to go "oh shit well he's still beatin out a fat country white boy tryna make strip club music, or a female rapper who on a label who cant even spell promotion and daym near forgot her release date"

but if thats what makes u sleep better at night go head

just let 40's album take its course

if he sells he sells.. if he doesnt.... u finna die or sumthin?

Nov 16, 2005
haha about the bubba remark. everyone prettymuch sold more than bubba and it's a shame with all his outlets. i hear that song prettymuch every half hour on the radio or on tv.
last week when cam'ron was on kmel, he was saying that one dipset member.. forgot his name.. came out with a mixtape and that mixtape, WITHOUT any exposure, sold more than bubba within a week. hahah so talking bout flops... bubba's the one that did

Jun 27, 2005
haha 40 aint flopped. BME releases always do this. They get them steady sales. Maybe not no mind blowin numbers in no particular week but steady hittin for about 15-30k a week over the course of about a year. Just look at Kings of Crunk or the Trillville & Lil Scrappy records. thats just how BME operates.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
damn man every week its another how many 40 sold thread, get off it already. It ain't a flop if its a good album. What you expect 40 to pull brittney Spears numbers?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
OMATIC said:
it takes time guys u dont sell 500 over night its his first national release hell reach 1mil by by the end of july now thats my word
It is not his first national relaeas by a long shot and 40 already has one platinum album (In A Major Way) and at least one or 2 gold albums from Hall Of Game and The Click Game Related